Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm finishing up my hideout. Is the booze generator just a money sink? Moonshine seems to sell for about 240k, but two sugar (70k each, sometimes more) + pure water (80-90k) is ~220ish and you'd probably eat that last 20k just in fees listing the moonshine right?

I know you can use moonshine in the scav case, but I've done some intel scav runs and haven't been impressed by the returns. It feels like gambling, the kinda thing where you're operating in the red while you hold out for some dream score that throws you back into the black.

Am I right that these are bad, at least in terms of pure roubles?

Sugar flea market fee is high at current market prices. About 17k (Intel. Center 3) per sugar to list it at 75k. Moonshine lists at 240k for 15k in fees. I use this craft to liquidate all my looted sugar.

The water collector super water craft provides some profit as well. Each filter costs about 80k, but 2 filters make 3 super waters. So every super water you sell (either directly or as moonshine) is like 35k profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Mesadoram posted:

Flash bang shotgun is hilarious.

It's insane. It makes clearing rooms so easy. Just do a flash drive by and anybody inside is blind for 40 seconds.

Getting hit by it is bullshit, tho. I've been stacking my rigs with grenades in case a squad flashes me, as there is realistically nothing you can do to survive this situation. Managed to take 2 down with me by throwing grenades wildly the first time this happened.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

They already nerfed the duration slightly (25%) and the price and purchase limits of 'star' shells as well as of the shotgun itself have been tweaked as well.

But yeah, it is OP as gently caress. Especially given the ridiculously low price for what you get.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 21, 2020

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Is it possible to be the only PMC in a raid? I just did an Interchange run where I didn't hear a single gunshot that wasn't me or the scavs I was fighting. Quietest raid I've ever had, it felt really weird.

I don't think it's actually possible, based on personal observation.

I mean, if your PC loads the game pretty quickly (I'm using a NVMe SSD) it will tell you one of two things as you enter a raid: you are waiting for players, or you are synchronizing with players.

The former means you are entering a fresh raid, but other PMCs that will spawn with you have not finished loading. The latter means you are entering an ongoing raid (i.e. started by other PMCs).

I've been paying attention to this for months, especially when running poo poo like 3 AM night woods, and have yet to see a raid start like an offline raid does, without either of these two messages on load.

I believe that some raids start with the minimum number of PMCs necessary, and don't get backfilled due to low demand for that particular map/time. Combine this with a game where no player is going to take a predetermined chain of actions in any given raid, and you can end up with situations like this.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yeah, I've been playing EFT for like 7 months now, so I can only speak of recent builds.

But as far as I can tell, right now, if the game hasn't found enough players to start a raid, it'll say 'matching...'. Once it has progressed to waiting for/synchronizing with players, you are most certainly either waiting for someone to finish loading, or loading into a raid that has already began.

With that said I believe you could be the only PMC in a raid if all others failed to load. You can kinda abuse this by disconnecting before you finish loading; the raid will start but your character will not spawn in until you reconnect.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

hakimashou posted:

It was before your time, but the wipe prior to the current wipe, the game really blew up big and for weeks after the wipe there were serious problems with matching because too many people were trying to play, and there werent enough available instances on their servers.

It could take 5 or 10 minutes of 'matching' to get an instance slot, at which point a match would start with minimal/no Looking For Players.

Oh, I've actually experienced this as the Brazilian servers had this issue until they were upgraded recently.

It was the worst at the beginning of this wipe. Easy 10-15 minute queues on all maps. And as the next closest server is in goddamn Miami (140ms ping), it was either long queues or janky gameplay and random disconnects from hitting the ping limit.

But that's good to know. My understanding of the matchmaking process was incomplete. However, you can still get super long 'matching...' queues so I imagine there is still a minimum number of players that need to be found before an instance slot is assigned, as I don't think server capacity is an issue anymore, especially at this point in the wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Anybody else do this?

Pistol cases sell for 20-30k on the flea market, as nobody uses them. But they are a godsend for reserve money runs.

This was a pretty 'meh' haul as I spawned away from all the good ammo spawns, but that's still 160k in ammo (and a vog). Pretty good for effectively taking 4 slots in your backpack. I've had runs where I stuffed over 400k worth of ammo in that little pistol case.

Some runs you have to either drop the pistol case (and get it back in insurance) or fill it with your own mags to gain space for other items, but just filling it stacks of BT ammo is enough to add quite a bit of profit to an already juicy run. It works well in labs too. Kill a PMC and you're bound to get a few expensive M4/HK or AS VAL magazines, or stacks of M61s, M995s, etc. Nevermind raider ammo. Put all that in your trusty pistol case and you save so much space for other goodies.