Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
why can't I be connected for longer than 3 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

tithin posted:

so what is this game, is it good
are there aus servers or is it hosed

game is good, it is also hosed

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

LGD posted:

I mean its kind of an obnoxious quest, but it's basically just a "get PMC kills while not wearing [real] armor + carrying an extra 20-25k of insurable gear no one is likely to bother picking up" challenge, which is really not too bad (especially when compared to, say, Jaeger's bullshit)

I hate these kinds of quests because even though im rich as gently caress and actually can't lose money faster than I make it at this point due to being OK at the game and having money making options all available, I just don't want to pay flea market markups for things like m61 and want an epsilon.... so I hate having to change my playstyle for like 3 hours of game content when really I just want to run FAL every day all day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Jaeger doesn't seem like he sells gently caress all worth buying from him. I only care about leveling him up for hideout poo poo and it sucks.

"ill only sell you the gennie fuel if you can defeat 6 pmcs in arm wrestling competitions with a fractured arm before killing them with a toz. wouldn't want it to go to waste by selling it to a sissie pansy"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I, for one, thank my friend stux.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

What do you guys do with your Euros? Everything on the flea market is stupidly overpriced, there's nothing good to use from the dealers, and anything you can buy isn't worth poo poo to resell or would sit for a month.

glock

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:ssh:

Always check your corners folks.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Factory factory factory!

I want a bigass power switch that turns on lights and fires up the machinery.

I want a big rear end switch that does this

https://youtu.be/yfgs9FRD25M?t=52

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

I didn't think to take a screenshot until after fixing my left leg.

I have no idea how I was alive, my friend said that you've got a death save kind of effect. I had to wheeze my way out of customs but I made it.

You can bleed out to 0 on your vital body parts without dying. If you take any damage on a vital 0 part you die. If you lose all of your HP while bleeding you die.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Whats a good sight for the MPx at 50 meters. The holographics kind of let me down by being way off zeroing I think... I am at the default FOV. Am I limited to using red dots because it's 9mm?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay yeah it was the just P1X42. Just utter trash! I swapped to the UH-1 and it worked perfectly across a variety of ranges within 50m. But yeah I hear you on the PK-6. I like the delta point too I just don't like the beveling (is that the word for the frame?) and the 1x zoom vs 1.5 of the holographics.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Why... why did scav boss spawn/walk over to train...

and why did a scav spawn in the tunnels as I moved to press alarm button and was in healing animation after cleared the area killing another scav...

and why did that scav rng my face with shotgun..........

There's three more condensed milks underneath the menu.... and chocolate bars....

I slew three players so why....

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Finished tarkov shooter part seven finally.

On reserve, got pinged at weather tower so rotated around the map to the south east watch tower on beside the hills and locked bunkers near hole in the wall.

Heard gunfire and saw this guy.

He was feeling confident and stuck around zig zagging after I missed a couple of shots but I made it. I am happy I got to punish him for playing around that late (30~ mins into the raid).

Conversely when I went to check out the body five minutes later he had a buddy who killed me. I anticipated something like that but it's hard to win fights with a scoped mosin against geared players within 25 meters...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I didn't do the tarkov shooter questline for any real 'reward' beyond it would be fun to buy archangel mosins and flex on people who don't have archangel mosins, but also that's a whole lot of work for a series of mods that are 'comparable' to an SV-98 but costs 2x the amount. I guess half the recoil is a huge deal, but ADS time is everything and having almost 50% more ergo at half the cost seems big.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I’m nowhere near done with the quest but I used archangel mosins for every step I’ve done so far. It’s a huge ergo improvement for like 25k and it comes with insane big operator energy. Much like the slenderman/crossbow combo, it is impossible to lose when you have an absolute aura of operator protecting you.

:hmmyes:

excited to treat myself by running svds a lot this week.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

when whipe

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Jagers quest of don't wear armor and kill scavs on woods gave me a new love and appreciation for the mosin. I killed a couple of juiced players because even with LPS ammo, the mosin one taps heads like no other. It's kind of horrifying how good the mosin is at popping heads.

Mosin tri-rail plus laser designator is also really good. Just trust the laser and try and get it on the neck/head/chest before firing. It's better than swapping weapons, and point firing lets you try and dodge their ADS by side stepping!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

what's the point of stationary weapons? Is that like the easiest way to die?

I got a s i c k nasty double kill on a trio before dying to their friend. It *melts* players so if they're surprised it's an instant win.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Folks, steam audio is good. The stutter is way down too! I'm happy to see one of my favorite games become so competent and polished in this patch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Kill All Cops posted:

Can someone confirm that you do get EXP for raiding in offline mode and that EXP screen I saw wasn't my weed fueled fever dream

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You aren't even connected to the servers in offline mode, you don't get or lose anything at all

Yeah it just gives you what you would have made, for the sake of knowing. It isn't added to your account, like all the items you pick up or lose not being added.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The key to using a mosin is to take off the front sight so you can use the rear sight to reliably zero up to 200 meters out. The closer you are the more you cup their heads in the rear sight, at 150-200 you should be aiming for their scalp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKE4LBVp3Y

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 2, 2020

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also lol this wipe it is so easy to make money right now. I'm sitting at lv 10 and 1.2 million rubles just because I haven't been dying so much and once you hit flea market it's easy to sell a bunch of 'okay' common mods for like 5-10x their value! Wow!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I had a sweet 2 v 1 I won

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:allears: I love mosin sniping in this game...

Sight scav!

Adjust for distance!

Dead scav!

Repeat!

Here's another one too. There's just something so fun and satisfying about killing the scav AI and seeing if a player stops by! This... this is how you play tarkov...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So I hit 20 finally after 90 hours of play.. I'm pretty awful at this game with a 21% survival and 1.74 K/D.

I'm using a lot of Saiga 12ga with 8.5 buckshot right now for some fun... It's obviously awful against anyone with a face mask and range.

I've been also using AKMSN AKMS weapons a lot but trying to figure out a decent build that doesn't break banks..

I died yesterday to my gun swinging wildly left and right while trying to Aim Down Sights while straffing, is there a way to lower this sway? Is it ergo?

Try the kedr, its really good and incredibly cheap if you're having trouble with money. Silenced kedr and kedr with pk-6 can make you feel like a real player, as long as you shoot their face/legs.

I don't think you're supposed to move while ADSing. You're supposed to be aiming and shooting. If you are moving away from them as they ADS you should try and 'point fire' as you strafe. Simply put them in the centre of the screen and squeeze that trigger. You will adjust your aim faster and also be putting out more bullets to get a hit.

Ergo will only reduce the stamina drain and prevent the exhaustion swinging from holding ADS for longer periods of time. The swaying is just from actually moving and you can't aim and move basically.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oysters Autobio posted:

Is there some sort of binding option that can be used to better keybind sprinting?

I currently have Sprint keybinded to LShift, using Press for option. I like that as I'm pressing W I can quickly press Shift and let go and then continue sprinting without needing to hold it down.

Problem with this, is if in a panic I'm trying to sprint somewhere, if I press LShift even a millisecond before the W key, it will not sprint, the combo has to be W and then Lshift, otherwise nothing happens. So to then sprint, I have to let go of LShift and press it again while holding 'W'.

I don't want to use Continuous because then I have to hold it down. Is there anyway to set it up so that even if I press LShift before 'W' that I still sprint? Can I set it up to have LShift as the main keybind, and 'LShift + W' as an alternative or will that screw something up?

No offence meant, but toggle sprint sounds wretched.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I missed the chance to offer my guide but here it is.

half face mask
kind of cowboy hat
makarov
bank robber
smoke grenade

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Is tarkov more playable atm? I'm talking matchmaking, crashes, stutter. I remember a couple of weeks ago a patch went out and I couldn't play a map without crashing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Squashing Machine posted:

I'm a huge weenie who really likes Tarkov but got to the point that I was having multiple heart attacks per play session from mundane gunfights and ambushes. An SP version where you can actually progress sounds like exactly the right speed for my current level of competence and blood pressure

You do get over it eventually. The game is much more arcadey once you learn all the map flows and loot locations. :unsmith:

That's a good and bad thing though really, once certain engagements have solutions it's a little boring. That's why new maps are fun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

makrav

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Second day back on tarkov, and just murdered a level 44 in the third of three S raids. Still got it. :bustem:

I will note that I penetrated his lv 4 high ricochet helmet with my 5.45 PP ammo... While it's good, it's supposed to have 30 pen power. I got lucky right? I don't think it's a face shot because the armour took damage.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

gabe newell

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

gently caress Reserve forever, though. Definitely my least favorite map.

:pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I actually like finding the raiders and watching them until near end game and then going in to pick up all the crap geared people drop dying to them. It's very rewarding, on an emotional level.