Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I hit 20 finally after 90 hours of play.. I'm pretty awful at this game with a 21% survival and 1.74 K/D.

I'm using a lot of Saiga 12ga with 8.5 buckshot right now for some fun... It's obviously awful against anyone with a face mask and range.

I've been also using AKMSN AKMS weapons a lot but trying to figure out a decent build that doesn't break banks..

I died yesterday to my gun swinging wildly left and right while trying to Aim Down Sights while straffing, is there a way to lower this sway? Is it ergo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Gabriel S. posted:

The AKM, AKMS, AKMSN and Vepr KM/VPO-136 are all good starter guns even with basic 7.62. I'm somewhat preferential to the Vepr AKM / VPO-209 366TKM carbine with .366 AP and it's probably overpowered but don't let that stop you. The SKS is fine along but it typically costs the same or even more than better weapons.

Outside of that, the minimum you want after that is Level 4 Body Armor with a Level 3 Helmet. Going further having the Peltor ComTac 2 headset along with grenades is going to put you in a good place with out completely breaking your budget.

If you use anything else, the most important thing is good ammo and even cheapest body armor.

So since i posted this, I started running AKMS with PS ammo, level 4 armor from ragman (the 50k ones that are like a beige tan), sometimes no helmet and ComTac2 every single time and a single grenade. Also trying out various sights on the gun, modded out my gun to have the best price per ergo items while kepeing it cheap. It's around 65k with Aluminum Magazines (i take 3 extra into raids now with a 60 stack of bullets spare to reload clips), Rk-4 grips, bumper pad and whatever else that adds ergo and such without breaking the bank. I haven't been playing as much as I'd like because well life happens but been having a lot of fun.

Been killing more scavs, more players these days.. been more aggressive with players trying to increase my pvp experience. Killed a chad in the dorms the other day with a good head eyes placement.. then promptly died to rashala guard grenade bomb on my way out (i just had to check the gas station).

next wipe, what's the level 1-10 weapons that are accessible right off the start that are decently viable? the pp-19, SKS, What else? I don't like using the 5.45 AK's at all.. probably because I'm not paying 1000 a bullet for my horrible spray and pray.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Cage Kicker posted:

I feel bad for the factory questers, lately it has been like 75% Timmys and 25% geared chads in there

I really wish I saved my replays of my first 6 hours of tarkov. I stripped by guy down and put on the cheapest pistol with two clips just to try and learn the game... I picked factory over and over because it said "easy" under difficulty. I crouch walked all over while trying to learn while the hairs on my arms stood up at every sound..

Hilariously, I only found out recently why I would only get scavs rushing me 10 deep till I died when I wasn't getting destroyed by chads. cursed and marked for hatchet runner AI... I only had a pistol.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

BurritoJustice posted:

Just bought the standard edition to give it a go, been watching a bunch of Youtube videos of the game, and it seems really cool. I've got lots of FPS experience, but not much in milsim style games. Are there many goon players in Australia?

It's downloading now, over the finest rural Australian internet, so I am as fresh as can be.

Do
Not
Play
Factory
First

Start on customs, type in tarkov helper in Google and use their maps. Map goes left to right or right to left for entrance and exits.

Things to try first, go into it with no armor, bank robber rig and no backpack, bring an SKS with 20 round in your pocket. Pay attention to your sound, if you haven't checked yet, make sure you have updated sound drivers because I didn't do this and when I upgraded my driver's it made all the difference. Use 7.62x39 PS ammo.

Tips:
loot everything to your guy and transfer it back. This gets you lots of experience.
-alt+right click equips items
-ctrl+left click transfers to back pack
-middle mouse button folds your stock
-r button rotates item on your cursor when held
-there's always another guy so sit tight and wait for them to make a move.
-walking through bushes and trees makes lots of noise which gives you away
-running makes a ton of noise from like miles away
-you'll die tons so that's why I'm telling you to put on a cheap gun only until you learn

Edit: I spent my first 10 hours dying over and over and over on the factory and it wasn't fun. Almost quit. Why? Because factory said normal difficulty instead of hard which was stupid.

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 24, 2020

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Keep bandages in your pockets since they are so cheap, keep splints in your pockets and keep medical kits in your prison wallet Case.

Like the guys said, eat and drink before a raid and try to find it in the raid.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

communism bitch posted:

So Streets has been delayed till next year because of covid according to the BSG stream yesterday. Next patch is basically QoL and a new pistol or something, which is a bummer.

You forgot to mention the best thing of all...

Chad Hunter! They are adding a suppressor for the hunter

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So..... I'm pretty bad sometimes. Where my other lack of skill people at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kqa62kOgw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Just me being bad again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2kW1_Zw1k

TipsyMcStagger fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 28, 2020