Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Jarf posted:

How about that server downtime?

Working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Probably because someone accused others who used one of the cheapest and easiest to acquire red-dot sights in the game of being elitists or something.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Lol if you don’t study spreadsheets.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I can’t wait for in raid pooping!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

TTerrible posted:

The new weight stuff is insane and it's going to drive people completely out of their minds. I cannot wait.

Or more people will glitch max strength than ever before.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

These changes sound bad but how can we make it even worse for base version owners???

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Even if this guy is lag switching, you can’t help but blame BSG for not fixing their netcode. I mean the game literally verifies every item movement to the item verification server so items don’t get duped, but it seems like they don’t want spend the time improving the netcode or maybe don’t want to pay for the servers/bandwidth.

Honestly given the choice I’d rather have server verified combat over constant item verification. But hey that’s just me.

As far as these upcoming changes go they should just get rid of all of these garbage quests and then remove the flea market. The flea market is more or less a product of bad fetch quests.

And yes, PUBG did allow lag switching for the first couple months of beta. That’s how people were killing everyone at the beginning of the match. You could lag switch before the plane left the starting island and use the demo guns or punch everyone else once the timer ended. On their end, they’d be on the plane or parachuting out and die once the lag switcher reconnected. Funny, annoying but also fixed relatively quickly.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 8, 2020

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Strangest method i've seen of someone leveling strength and endurance so far has been someone running around the tower on Reserves with the machine gun emplacement. They would run laps around the tower (up top) and when their stamina was drained, hop inside to recover. Occasionally they'd fire the machine gun until people figured out what they were up too and popped shots at them. Didn't see the person wielding a gun and I watched for minutes. I was entranced.

People will always find a way.

This is peak gameplay.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Tell me more about your deals and steals. More spreadsheets please.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

How are we not convinced that PMC stats should be removed yet?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

causticBeet posted:

Yeah I don’t have a lot of faith in this games netcode. It’s pretty common to get killed and then hear the shots after the death animation starts. Also I’ll always notice my own squad desycingsuper hard, and I assume the enemy would be doing the same, you just see it a lot less than your own squad mate.

The net code is 100% trash, but dying before you hear the shot being fired is 100% intentional. Bullets travel faster than the speed of sound. This is a design decision.

https://youtu.be/8CjNskFJGMA

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Add addiction. To everything.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I hope they add a charisma stat to pass persuasion checks. Oh wait. There is a charisma stat...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Your buddy is cheating.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Gabriel S. posted:

Is there a good goon approved game settings guide someplace? Or how do I really know G-Sync is working?

Games are G-sync agnostic for the most part... if G-sync is working outside of the game and other games, it's working here.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

I think I need to play around with the Mossberg more. Since you can make magnum buckshot at such a low level it seems like the bar is pretty low to having a great gun to just buy and go with.

I have actually never used the magnum buckshot, is it the best of the pellet kind of shells or are slugs generally better?

Run magnum to limb/head people. AP shells to actually penetrate armor.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

With any of the stash quests, you have to move your cursor away from the stash completely and get back in, or look at another item. It’s a bit of a pain for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

aniviron posted:

Attachments are really down to preference. Watch what other people put on theirs a lot- and find out what you're comfortable using. Some people think a stock AK-74 is fine and manage the recoil, some need to put 200k rubles of parts on it. Most are somewhere in the middle, and add a few cheap things like the rubber butt pad. Best way to find out what those parts are is to look at what other people have on their guns, because the variety is overwhelming and much of it is poo poo value.

It all depends on your recoil skill. If you’re level 1 it’s gonna be lovely but by the time you’re 40 you’ll feel like you’ve got it down. But it’s really you’re recoil skill.