Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Maybe they'll implement BattleEye correctly this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Ambaire posted:

What level was he? And why do you call him a 'gear lord'? It sounds horribly racist in my head. Also, he might not have known about the durability mechanics...
Preach brother! Anti-gear bigotry is racism!

Mods ban this trash. The g-word is unacceptable in all contexts.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

poe meater posted:

sweaty gearlord
:siren: Mods!?! :siren:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I found out a cool consistent(ish) way to get barter scams
You little tease

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

Nikita on stream right now saying that stamina is going to be divided between arms and legs, which is p cool.
Priorities:
Server stability
Major security vulnerabilities
Core gameplay mechanics
Arm stamina!!

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

TTerrible posted:

The new weight stuff is insane and it's going to drive people completely out of their minds. I cannot wait.
What's the change?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

Russian mall muzak better start playing or I want a refund
Killa DJing the mall radio station.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Nikita says they want to go back add more stuff like that to the existing maps, so here's to hoping. Customs is next on the list.
Factory factory factory!

I want a bigass power switch that turns on lights and fires up the machinery.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

mehall posted:

Yeah, when I did it, I picked a nighttime shoreline, and literally just wandered in a small circle round a couple trees on the little sniper spot up above the tunnel extract.
A fun game

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

NaanViolence posted:

I thought Rust was buggy and had iffy servers, but holy poo poo Tarkov is so much worse. I'll check back in six months and see if they've fixed their poo poo.
LOL look at this post from 6 months ago.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Hatchet running for loot has always been stupid and boring, but hatchet running to murder gearlords with a hatchet was a lot of fun and I'm sad that they took that out of the game.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Changing a hatchet in the face from deadly or disabling to a mild tickle was a real dumb move and isn't realism in any sense.

If you're dumb enough to get punched in the face with an ax when you have a gun it's sort of your own fault.

But it makes streamers sad so we can't have it in Tarkov.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Nikita doesn't understand the difference between fun and tedium.

Because he is a sperg.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Did they ever fix the issue with only one specific FOV working? Last I checked anything but minimum made every sight in the game broken.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

twig1919 posted:

They didn't fix it. Scopes generally fare better but a good number of them don't work and iron sights are straight trash that don't work 95% of the time.
Are iron sights good with minimum FOV are are they just pointless entirely?

The amount of goofy, totally undocumented, and never explained gaminess they keep adding to this "realistic" shooter is pretty lame.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Absolutely nothing is documented, none of the mechanics work consistently, and everything gets worse every patch.

Welcome to Tarkov.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I think my big problem is that the realism in the raids just clashes so badly with all the goofy gamey poo poo outside the raid like quests, trader "loyalty", "find in raid" items, restricted flea access, janky stats on gear, etc.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

How can you even tell in Tarkov unless they're being insanely obvious? Everything is so janky they could hear/see you and be totally silent/invisible to you and it'd just be normal.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

okku posted:

Haven't played in like last two resets, but does this run bit better.had serious FPS drops in bigger maps last time I played.
Tarkov has literally never run well. The only question is what's broken this patch.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

communism bitch posted:

Oh yeah that will be sick actually. And a bunch of what Nikita described as "trash tier" backpacks.
Community: There is a good game here under all these network issues.

Nikita: Scavs are canonically bisexual.

Community: This desync is insane and unplayable.

Nikita: 12 new duffle bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

ShowTime posted:

Has BSG improved any of the stuttering issues this game was known for last year?
Maybe.

Performance is still wildly inconsistent.