Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

Lemon posted:

Nice, thanks. I'll take a look at doing it, but those quests just seem so tiresome...

Most of the quests aren't that bad. You don't have a limit on how many you can do at once so I generally have a half dozen going. A lot of them you can make good progress on just playing maps such as those requiring you to kill scavs. Others require collecting items. I know someone that doesn't quest at all but that seems like an inefficient way to play the game. They pay out well in XP and are a good way to level quicker. I wouldn't go nuts trying to do every quest but it's a fun addition.

Some quests though especially as you get up higher are ridiculous. Looking at you Mechanic quest that takes 7 video cards, this quest only pays 300 euros and a glock for a cost of 2 million roubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

please knock Mom! posted:

My friends almost all stat cheated and it kinda killed my desire to continue playing the game

A friend of mine was bragging about STR/END exploit and running circles around me with endless stamina in raids. Well he messaged me this morning and his STR/END stats were reset to 0. Myself being a level 3 on STR never felt so good.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I had a weird glitch where I couldn't use my scav case because it said I didn't have the resources. Had to move the roubles out of my money case for them to be recognized by the scav case.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

my str/end are still maxxed, all good here.

you're really loving up if you aren't using the glitches to max it.

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1242777356848238594

Maybe they haven't gotten to your account yet. Or is there another place to glitch it?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I just got the THICC case from the therapist quest. I'm wanting to sell it as I don't need the space. I've heard the price is more like 19MIL instead of 16MIL and the top offers are bugged. Any insight?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I got a lion statue, smoke grenades, and an AK-74n tricked out. Nothing amazing but solid money for just leaving a browser tab open. Whoever was complaining about corrugated hoses that's a good drop since they're expensive right now in the flea market and needed for hideout upgrades.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Received a key tool as a drop. Sold for 561K as I just bought a SICC case. Not too shabby.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
Is head bob at a minimum of .2 a new change or has it been around? Head bob in video games makes me a bit queasy.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
I'm having a hell of a time finding fire steel. It's the only item left between me and my Kappa. I have searched the common spots like Resort 301, resort radar, and reserve RB-AM/RB-GN. I've also searched labs next to the robot arms.

Did the spawn points change in 12.8 or do I just have the worst luck?

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

TheTofuShop posted:

I havent seen one all wipe, but youre looking in the right places. You could try running Moonshine out of the scav case, that has a chance for kappa items.

Did you get 42nd Tea and the new Guitar Pick? Those were both added to the Collector in the most recent patch as well.

I found it in the cage in Labs. I hid in the bathroom by the entrance for 20 minutes while waiting for all the fighting to be done. Then I walked out to the cage grabbed a firesteel and waltzed out the basement vents. Not my most glorious moment but hey I have a Kappa now!

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

InevitableCheese posted:

Such a hilarious but dumb idea when there’s hardly a way to get down from any of the sniper locations safely.

Hilarious too since the other post in this thread is with a kedr. I do know you can get down from the sniper scav spot in woods because people glitch their way onto the rocks up top.

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM
In all my SCAV runs I've never had this happen before. I tried to knife another SCAV to death and was put down quickly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysteryberto
Apr 25, 2006
IIAM

sum posted:

I bumbled my way into a lab keycard and a nice set of chad gear from two different scav runs. I'm a level 6 player with an Alpha case and am mediocre at the game. What are the odds I'd carry out enough loot to justify the hundreds of thousands of roubles worth of equipment and keys I'd have to use for a lab run?

Not great because in addition to chads, and hackers, there are raiders that are super strong. If you want to try I'd recommend hiding in a room until after all the fighting is over and then carefully picking up anything that's left over and trying to escape.