Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la Goon Combat Mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

Another turn without complicated instructions. Panzer, I'm chopping my command tank to you so that you both have two tanks.

This one.

Panzer, I want you to do whatever you feel is necessary to get direct fire onto those bunkers. Don't worry about anything else, but at the end of these three minutes I need the bunker facing this field to have taken an AP penetration.

Centurium, intensify your fire. Use full Target commands and issue conditional orders to deal with the Marders instead of keeping watch for them. The infantry are going to be moving soon, if not now, and they need to have everything that's taking them under fire either dead or wishing they were.

I'm taking these risks because I don't think the Marders will operate offensively in an unsupported fashion, they're more likely to group back up before they try charging us down. I'm not quite clear on lines of sight here so Panzer I'd advise being careful about advancing into their line of fire. I don't mind you losing a tank so much as I mind you not completing your objective.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders - B Co 2 Plt

Squad 1:

Scouts:
Back off from the hedge and move or jog to the end of it. Move parallel to the road through the undergrowth, cross the road at a sprint. Settle on the W side of the hedge.

If contacted, take cover, retreat or return fire at your discretion.

Main squad:
Pause 1 minute. Move through the trees. At the end of the move point, split into two and one team crawl forward along the purple arrow.

If contacted return fire to the area or enemy until the next orders phase regardless of enemy type.

2 Squad:
Fire into any area where enemy is known to be. You can shift them along the hedgerow as you see fit.

3 Squad:
Merge with the scout team.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

B Company

We are hitting the limit of our advance, nothing for us for now than to pour fire at the enemy lines and wait for the tanks to pop a bunker.

1st Platoon does what it can to regroup, moving forward is not currently possible.

2nd Platoon probes along the road as already posted, be careful with the bunker facing south.

3rd Platoon stays in line and keeps firing

Orders for input

4th Platoon move the second mg up to Powerslave Line

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B company 1st platoon

I don't think first squad is even alive, much less able to regroup. everybody else is at least not under fire, and they're under orders to not advance. I guess I don't have any orders this round!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd and 3rd platoons

A Company, 2nd platoon

Please move everyone as indicated. Light purple = HUNT, dark purple = SLOW, orange = FAST. Select final unit positions that let them look outside the woods.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Alright that won't work. Please disengage all elements (using SLOW for the northernmost one until safe from observation inside the woods), then MOVE as indicated (blue) along the same route that 1st platoon's elements used for that bit of their movement. At the point indicated by the color change of the line switch to HUNT, one squad to each gold dot to sit right on the edge of the woods looking out, HQ to the one marked H.

Should combat break out inside the woods please have 3rd plt halt inside the triangle defined by the positions of the elements of 1st's plt currently across the inlet, squads out front, HQ in the back.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 22, 2020

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

ORDERS

Platoon 1
The team south of the field is to keep suppressing enemy positions with machine gun fire.

The rest of the platoon, north of the field, are to keep their head down and try not to die.

Everyone Else
As you were. Just keep pouring machine gun fire into the Germans while our boys advance.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Orders, 2nd Section, 1st Platoon, 746 Tank Battalion (Det.), SSgt. Panzer Section NCO.

Righto boys, shouldn't be too difficult. Let's go ahead and Reverse Move That command tank so as to fall in with my own tank- don't turn your rear end to the Krauts, mind, keep that barrel and that frontal armor, well, frontal. (OOC Note: If a reverse move isn't possible, don't move the Command tank, he can rock with Cent's tanks for a bit if he can't safely fall in with my own.)

From there, both my tank and the command tank will move back in a Northwesterly direction to the burning wreck of our lost sherman, and start engaging the bunkers. If, from that position, we are unable to get eyes on the eastern bunker, my own tank will move more westerly, to a position it can engage said bunker. If we start taking heavy enemy fire, Command tank is to retreat back across the field to a position it stops receiving fire from, probably my own position from a couple minutes ago on the south end of the field.

Put rounds out on the bunkers specifically until ordered otherwise; ignore the infantry for now, and pray to god the AT is dead.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Gentlemen!

Welcome to Powerslave line. I believe you will see the Nazis down that way, and I'd be deeply obliged if you would use your rifles to convince them of the error of their ways. We'll need to relieve them of that line of trees shortly.

Fire on enemy contacts. I delegate to you the extent to which specific order types should be used, but please keep volume of fire up with area target / target briefly if our guns aren't adequately proving the mean rounds to failure data.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st Section

Gotdurnit Sam, shoot more!

While no Marders are threatening us:
Keep the guns firing on Germans. I delegate to you the most appropriate spread of target positions and for how long.

If Marders are threatening us:
Shoot the Marders.

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."
C Company Orders

Our job, at present, is to follow up B Company's assault on the fort, then move through their positions and take Crisbecq. To this end, we will be waiting until B Coy's assault has gone in to make serious moves. C Company platoons should move forwards into the village of St. Marcouf, and be ready to move forwards at short notice.

1st Platoon, A Company Orders

Carry on with the orders from last turn.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Turn 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4mTnrt_fzs

Turn 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5P-uWuuzA

Turn 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvgljy76NQ

Unit shots.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Command

Okay judging from the falloff in german fire across the line it looks like resistance is crumbling. B company is cleared to start its assault. Armour should close up and continue to eliminate priority threats as they close on DMTrees.

C Company, deploy on the left behind B company as the second wave. Do try to provide supporting fire where possible, but try not to get entangled in the assault. Remember that you are the exploitation force.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 23, 2020

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

And yeah, that little wire obstacle didn't become visible "in the last few turns." I've been missing it (in part) since at least Turn 10! lol

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 3PM EDT / 7PM GMT on Tuesday, March 24.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

B Company

1st Platoon starts moving to RunDMTrees immediately. Move as fast as you can without tiring your men too much.

2nd Platoon moves around the wire from the left and advances to RunDMTrees. Cover 1st and 3rd if needed.

3rd Platoon moves out and secures the line of trees along Hall Road. Clear the strongpoint if possible.

Orders for Input

HQ waits on the Powerslave Line to join 2nd platoon

XO as before

4th Platoon: rest of 4th moves up to Powerslave Line. If there is no resistance to our advancement that requires fire support from 4th platoon in the first minute, move up to RunDMTrees with 2nd platoon

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

Now, now's the time!

Panzer, do whatever you need to to kill that second bunker. 100% risk appetite, I'd rather two dead Shermans and Baker intact on the DMTrees line than the reverse.

Centurium, get up close and provide direct support to Baker. I'd recommend one turn spent moving to wherever you see fit and then Area Targets on whatever is shooting at Baker the most.

Advisory for Baker, don't send all of your troops around the very edge of the barbed wire, it's very tempting to do so such that you can maintain spacing but if I were them I'd have mined the square. Test before committing.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B Company 1st Platoon Orders

-Black squad offers their services as ammunition bearers to the MG, if they can. otherwise, provide fire support?

-Red and Blue squads QUICK to their jump-off points. at the jump-off points, exercise discretion; if there's substantial enemy coverage of the area, leave a squad behind as fire support. but no matter what, send at least one squad charging against Run DMTrees' westernmost edge.

how's that for orders? we've got time to talk about them, make 'em better

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 24, 2020

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

B Company 1st Platoon Orders

-Black squad offers their services as ammunition bearers to the MG, if they can. otherwise, provide fire support?

-Red and Blue squads MOVE to their jump-off points. at the jump-off points, exercise discretion; if there's substantial enemy coverage of the area, leave a squad behind as fire support. but no matter what, send at least one squad charging against Run DMTrees' westernmost edge.

how's that for orders? we've got time to talk about them, make 'em better

So you want your squads to move to the jump offs at walking pace and then run the second part?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

1st Squad

Sprint. Have them move at least 10m past the barbed wire. Suppressing fire, preferably at the infantry contacts south of the bunkers.

3rd Squad

Walk forward for the first minute. Then, regardless of where they are, jog the first arrow and sprint the next bit. Split them and deploy to the front.

Platoon HQ
Once it looks like 3rd will reach it's destination, follow at the same route and speed. Deploy in the undergrowth just a little bit forward from the barbed wire.

2nd Squad
Suppressing fire. If everyone else has arrived, follow their route and speed and settle about 10-20m behind 3rd squad.

If fire stops a unit moving, return fire. If enemy fire is light enough, try and bound the unit to cover by teams.
If mines are encountered, push on through and reroute following units a couple of tiles over.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Formation (Very approximate)

Route

Walk

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 26, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

All movement in the open should be a minimum of QUICK.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd and 3rd platoons

A Company, 2nd platoon

Please move everyone onto the firing line as indicated to engage. Orange = FAST. Move the HQ up to the enemy-facing edge of that stand of trees they're currently in.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Okay this is a bit too slow. IF the left-right-running road probably can't be seen by the enemy as far as you can tell please switch 3rd to move QUICK along that road. River crossing stays the same (only now at QUICK), the point where to switch to HUNT remains unchanged (only now from QUICK), destinations for units stay the same.

Otherwise continue with orders (unchanged): MOVE as indicated (blue) along the same route that 1st platoon's elements used for that bit of their movement. At the point indicated by the color change of the line switch to HUNT, one squad to each gold dot to sit right on the edge of the woods looking out, HQ to the one marked H.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 24, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Jaguars! posted:

So you want your squads to move to the jump offs at walking pace and then run the second part?

when you put it that way... I do not want that. I'll edit it!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Update

Reposting this general sitrep and orders update from Discord:

Incidental update on the state of play for @allied-player s (realising I can do this):
A company is staking out positions to observe/dominate/assault the town
B company is launching its assault across the Western Fields and onward onto the Fort.
C company is following up in the wake of B Company (rule of thumb, one hedgerow behind)
D Company and the Tank Platoon are acting in support of B Company.

I'm ready to play the 105 card. We'll need a company level hq deployed to spot (@Acebuckeye13) with good vision into the centre of Crisbecq, and this will be a generous area bombardment of the town and western outskirts, two tubes for maximum duration at a harassment rate of fire.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 24, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Alchenar posted:

1st Bn Update

Reposting this general sitrep and orders update from Discord:

Incidental update on the state of play for @allied-player s (realising I can do this):
A company is staking out positions to observe/dominate/assault the town
B company is launching its assault across the Western Fields and onward onto the Fort.
C company is following up in the wake of B Company (rule of thumb, one hedgerow behind)
D Company and the Tank Platoon are acting in support of B Company.

I'm ready to play the 105 card. We'll need a company level hq deployed to spot (@Acebuckeye13) with good vision into the centre of Crisbecq, and this will be a generous area bombardment of the town and western outskirts, two tubes for maximum duration at a harassment rate of fire.

I'm actually in position already, calling down some 60mm mortars.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

MAP

ORDERS

Platoon 1 HQ & survivors in the Dorothy line
When the remaining German bunker machine gun has been silenced, IF they are not taking fire, are to advance to the Erika line, where they will deploy their machine guns and cover the area north towards the Back in Black forest and north-northwest towards the Run DMTrees line. Their purpose is to get away from the pre-sighted Dorothy line and suppress and achieve fire superiority of enemy positions and forward observation for our mortars. This will reposition our automatic firepower closer to the enemy and facilitate Baker's assault on the German positions.

Platoon 1 westernmost Section on the extension of the Denise line
When the remaining German bunker machine gun has been silenced, IF they are not taking fire, are to advance to the Erika line, where they will deploy their machine guns and cover the area north-northwest towards Run DMTrees and northwest towards Hall Road north of the Powerslave Line. Their purpose is to suppress and achieve fire superiority of enemy positions. This will reposition our automatic firepower closer to the enemy and facilitate Baker's assault on the German positions.

Platoon 2 Sections at Farryn
Are to advance to Chelsea, where they will set up their machine guns to cover the Strongpoint and to the left and right of this. Their job is cover Baker in the north-northwest sector and suppress and achieve fire superiority over enemy forces with the purpose of facilitating Baker's advance and assault on the enemy fortifications.

Platoon 2 Section 3 & HQ Team
Are to remain in place and continue to cover our forces. This will ensure the ability to suppress and achieve fire superiority over enemy forces while we reposition our machine guns forward.

Pioneers
Are to advance Farryn, where they will await further instructions. They are to remain in this forward area to avoid taking fire while being available to continue advancing in anticipation of the assault on the German guns. This is to ensure that they stay alive for when they are needed while also being able to move into position when they are needed.

Everyone Else
As you were.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the tattered remnants of 1st pltn B coy are available as ammo bearers for your westmost gun if that's possible, as I've been told it might be

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Alright gentlemen, it seems to me that the Hun has realized the folly of returning fire at this point. The Captain just heard from the Old Man that we're going to relieve those people of the next tree line and the strongpoint beyond it. It falls to us to seize the right flank and then push on into the strongpoint. One more effort like your last and we'll be done here today!

QUICK along the yellow lines, FAST along orange.

IF: Enemy fire picks up again and there is a dangerous lack of supporting fires, you are authorized to halt up to two SQUADS to lay down suppressing fire. Alternate the firing squad every 30 seconds or so to keep em moving.

IF: Armor shows up real close, the bazooka squads should prioritize shooting them.

IF: Resistance breaks and the route to seize the bunkers is clear, advance to do so as seems most effective.

NOTE: don't have anyone halt or anything, line breaks are just to show clear vectors.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 24, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st Section

Look at em run! Let's get after em afore they change their minds!

MOVE more or less along the blue lines to as close to Bowie Highway as is maximally effective to engage the enemy anywhere along RunDMTrees or the Hall road.

After that, use whatever target commands will maximize firepower downrange against anything that might ponder shooting back.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Orders, 2nd Section, 1st Platoon, 746 Tank Battalion (Det.), SSgt. Panzer Section NCO.

Pretty simple orders this time boys. Keep moving slightly north and west to where you have line of sight on that second bunker, and blast it. If we spot enemy AT, have whichever tank has a better firing arc on the AT in question engage it. Otherwise, keep fire up on that bunker.

If we manage to knock out the enemy bunker, use the coaxial MGs to start suppressing the enemy infantry in the vicinity of the bunkers, and position yourselves to help shield the infantry as they advance.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Turn 22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgtcvMb3pwg

Turn 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFwBHH24q5c

Turn 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C33I7XUkvSE
*still processing when poisted

Unit screenshots.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Right then, both of you, priority one is to kill that Marder and any others that show up. Lose tanks if you have to but it has to be dead-dead-dead by the end of the turn.

After that, Panzer I want you to kill the MG teams in the foxholes beyond DMTrees. Centurium, keep getting up onto the leading elements of Baker and providing them with close support. Alchenar assesses that all Germans on the DMTrees line are dead or running, I'm a little less sanguine so I would recommend a 75m gap between you and anywhere the infantry can't see to avoid cheeky Panzerfausts. This is purely advisory though, if you think you need to take more risks to do the mission then so instruct Glynnenstein.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
quick and dirty company orders:

Aphid, get third platoon moving quicker to firing positions in Joshua Trees. As it stands they're not going to make it to firing positions for a while, and I want that platoon able to put fire down on the village prono.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

quick and dirty company orders:

Aphid, get third platoon moving quicker to firing positions in Joshua Trees. As it stands they're not going to make it to firing positions for a while, and I want that platoon able to put fire down on the village prono.

Okie dokie. Second stays where it is?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn lazy orders that I c/p from the discord chat:

I think the tanks can now operate on the basis that theres no infantry threat in the western fields. B company needs to hustle up and orientate to dmtrees. C company should wait for the mortar strike that's being spotted now ( presumably onto b companies start line) and then try to sneak up behind b company - at that point there might be no german eyes at all on the march route and we can make a fresh company suddenly appear in the fort.

Long story short everything is going well, just keep working the plan.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

We're moving to RunDMTrees and you notice we are crowding the place so we do not want to hang around for too long. So you're getting your orders in two parts, first what you definitely should be doing and second the broad strokes on the actual attack on the fort. The reason for this is that we still don't really see what's up there, be prepared for a rapidly changing situation.

1st Platoon: oystertoadfish, continue to RunDMTrees, adjusting your mg'd squad slightly to the right might be enough to break LOS

2nd Platoon: Jaguars!, get to RunDMTrees right now, we might have mortars coming down any minute

3rd Platoon: Centurium, try get some more info on their defences

UNIT ORDERS FOR INPUT

HQ+4th Platoon: sprint up to the parallel hedge, the quick to RunDMTrees. Speeds demonstrate general intent, units should be fit to fight once they reach their destination, adjust accordingly. Mgs should find positions where they can see the fort and Thriller Forest, mortars blind those two bunkers next to the road with smoke

ATTACK ON FORT

So we're finally at the main event and here are your areas of responsibility and main threats. On the left we have a Marder and an mg, Frangible's tanks are already on those. In the center there are possible enemy positions in the southern edge of Thriller Forest and on the right inside the fort itself we already see one mg, some infantry and more of those wacky bunkers.

2nd and 3rd will attack the fort as indicated, 2nd taking the west side and 3rd south and east. 1st suppresses anything in the hedges and Thriller Forest, hopefully tanks get their job done and join with you.
I have given orders for 4th but if you have any specific requests for fire support, I can adjust.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 5PM EDT / 9PM GMT on Friday, March 27.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'm going to make draft orders using the same map as last time, since I think? I still need time to get to the last orders' endpoints.

the main change is to send black squad slightly to the right in an attempt to improve LOS

if I can do this without a new map I'll also add that red and blue squads will assault the reverse slope area to the left of the fort when they gave reached their final positions. if enemy resistance continues, split off a third of a squad each to provide fire support.

any glaring errors? if you don't see any at first, look again, I bet they're there!

(I can draw a new map if needed by the deadline, I'm just hoping to be lazy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

For some reason you have your left hand squads ignoring the cover of the treeline and charging straight at the mg42 that's spraying you now. If you just arc right you'll have a completely clear run up.