Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'll fix that later. these are the things I don't pick up on, I promise I watch the videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

"It's like no cheese I've ever tasted."
C Company Orders

Our job, at present, is to follow up B Company's assault on the fort, then move through their positions and take Crisbecq. To this end, we will be waiting until B Coy's assault has gone in to make serious moves. C Company platoons should move forwards into the village of St. Marcouf, and be ready to move forwards at short notice. Any C Company platoons that do not have other orders are to move to the north-western edge of St. Marcouf, and form up.

1st Platoon, A Company Orders

3rd Squad is to move at QUICK pace to the yellow line, then HUNT to the northwestern edge of the forest. 2nd Squad is to continue moving to the vicinity of the red line. 1st Squad is to move at QUICK pace to the blue line. If 3rd Squad runs into heavy resistance, 1st Squad is to move up in support.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1Bn update to B Company

I think your mission is viable with the tank support but I am now thinking it's a lot of frontage for one company to cover. Make sure you have good security on your left before you try to clear the fort. Also watch out for german forces on your right - there's no reason at all to expose yourself to them as you are now.

We've secured the ability to march up to the foot of the fort without being shot at, lets reinforce your position, clean up everything to the left of the fort, then sweep through nice and deliberately. No need to try to do everything at once. If it looks like there's more germans than you can handle then we'll commit C company.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

All units sprint immediately. Keep a little lateral spacing between HQ and 2 Squad on the way in, otherwise route as directly as you can. If all squads are settled by turn 3, detach AT teams and separate them laterally from the main squads.

If squads stop moving due to contact, return fire to enemy/area. other squads keep moving.

-----

No change to orders.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 27, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Did some quick Battalion A2 to stop myself going mad in lockdown. This is what we would be looking at if Fray stuck to formations - I'm not sure if that's true or not, but in reality this is the Intelligence picture that we'd have built up at this point of the enemy formations ahead

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Alchenar posted:

For some reason you have your left hand squads ignoring the cover of the treeline and charging straight at the mg42 that's spraying you now. If you just arc right you'll have a completely clear run up.

edited to be orders

B company, 1st platoon orders

note that red is now advancing with a right-hand sweeping arc to keep rundmtrees between them and the mg42. also note that i'm ordering the far left shattered squad near the MG to move to the right, as i'm told it will possibly help LOS. the rightmost squad is advancing as well. all quick.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 27, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Ok, phone posting today so I'm afraid no pictures and no time for funny voices.

BAKER 3 PLT:

Go order mix-ups have left us the only platoon to charge and arrayed in column against the enemy line. This will be ugly until 2plt shows up.

1st stage:
Rest and fire superiority. Shoot anything you can see, and anywhere you can guess bullets are coming from.

Lasts until all squads are out of tired or tiring status and 2plt is in position on Run DMTrees.

2nd stage: probing attacks.

Move one fire team into the bunker trenches at the strong point.

If results are favorable, begin moving a whole squad in there. Other two squads move up to take the other squads previous position. Other squads should exploit any opportunities that present themselves.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Orders, 2nd Section, 1st Platoon, 746 Tank Battalion (Det.), SSgt. Panzer Section NCO.

Keeping up the string of short orders, guys, let's go kill us a Marder.

Move us forward, keeping our frontal armor facing the enemy, until firing upon the Kraut TD is reasonably feasible, then let loose with both tanks.

If we take the gun out and see no other threats, help Centurium's tanks deal with the Germans threatening our infantry, keeping a distance of no less than 80 meters from any known German positions to avoid enemy panzershreks.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks 1 section:

1st priority:
See the Marder. You are authorized to move and or open up as best seems able to realize that objective. Don't stick your head into incoming MG fire though. That makes killing Marders harder. I can't read the terrain interruptions worth a drat. Kill the Marder.

2nd Priority:

Once the Marder is dead, button up if you're open.

Move towards RunDMTrees and area fire. Approach more closely as you become confident AT threats are outside effective range. In particular, I'd like a good vision of the unknown foxholes right behind Trees before you go right up to the front line.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd and 3rd platoons

A Company, 2nd platoon

Shelter in place. I'm very sorry. Have the HQ call in the 105s on the town. 2 Tubes, Medium, Long, Immediate. Try and get the entire town under the circle, should be ~260m area.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Please switch to QUICK, go as straight north as possible across the inlet, but as far to the right as necessary to not get them shot at from the left, and put the squads on the edge of the trees as indicated, HQ to the H with as good a view as you can finagle. Thank you!

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

HQ Asset Orders:

Move 1st Team/A Team and accompanying ammo bearers Quick to Joshua Trees:

A Company HQ:

ADJUST the 60mm barrage of the town. Change it to a POINT TARGET centered on the foxholes surrounding the PaK 40.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

MAP

ORDERS

Platoon 1 Section having just left Denise
Counter-order: they are to cease their current advance and move to the Faelyn line, moving on the west side of the road west of Dorothy. Once they reach their destination they are to deploy their machine gun. They are to cover the Back in Black forest and the area behind, that is, North, of the Run DMTrees line. Their job is to disrupt the enemy, suppress and win the firefight, in order to enable Baker's assault.

If they take fire before crossing the westward extension of the Erika line, they are to divert to Erika and support the rest of the platoon's task.

Platoon 2 Section at Claire not including HQ
This section is to advance to Dorothy, then cross the westernmost road and advance north to the Faelyn line. Once they reach their destination they are to deploy their machine gun. They are to cover the Back in Black forest and the area behind, that is, North, of the Run DMTrees line. Their job is to disrupt the enemy, suppress and win the firefight, in order to enable Baker's assault.

Platoon 3 HQ (at Claire)
The mortar platoon HQ is to advance to Dorothy, then cross the westernmost road and advance north to the Faelyn line. They are to observe the Back in Black forest and the area behind, that is, North, of the Run DMTrees line. Their job is to be ready to call down smoke and explosive firepower on the enemy in order to suppress and destroy enemy force concentrations, in order to protect Baker from enemy fire.

Everyone Else
As you were.

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 27, 2020

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Turn 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ1H-z09sXY

Turn 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqX7WrYq8bQ

Turn 27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmXgn9hR_Xo

Unit Shots.

**Y'all know the deal with youtube processing. They should be done soon.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due 3PM EDT / 7PM GMT on Monday, March 30.

Special note now that the fighting has reached the fort. There are a bunch of weaponless bunkers scattered around the trench complex of the fort proper. These basically represent the underground bomb shelters of the fort, so they can be used to protect against shelling. I don't intend for these to be used as actual fighting positions though (notice I pointed them all towards the rear), so please play accordingly! Both teams will get this message.

Fray fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 29, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1bn

Well it all just got a bit harder for everyone, but the good news is that B company is fighting and intact, as opposed to 'all dead or dying under a German mortar bombardment'. The Plan is still good, everyone just keep working it.

A company - keep doing what you are doing.
B company - fight it out on your line. Try to suppress the marder if possible.
C company - continue to march leisurely up behind B company using a covered approach. Worst case B company and the germans in front of them will exhaust each other, then we'll throw you into the line fresh and you can sweep up.
D company - continue providing support. You might now want to bound your HMGs to DMTrees, but you've been doing really well and I'll leave this to your judgement.

Specific instructions for the armour: okay we're doing this again, except properly this time. Use hunt and an armour arc to move up the the hedgerow and engage the marder. This image shows clearly which way it's pointing so you can pick a point to make contact at the most favourable angle:

You may want to wait one minute for the infantry to try to get some suppression on the vehicle.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Men, I have bad news: Not only was Captain Frangible killed bailing out of his tank, but Colonel Alchenar's appendix spontaneously exploded, leaving me in command by din of "being told to"

Fortunately, we're still in a strong position. B Company is giving the germans hell on the front line, A Company is working its way up without much resistance, and C Company will be reaching the front lines to reinforce us in only a short amount of time. Victory will be ours this day, we need only to secure it firmly.

For the time being, we'll be sticking to the established plan - A Company advances on the town, B Company fights it out, and C Company moves to reinforce (Or potentially attack up the middle). Only difference is this: Centurium, please DO NOT move your tanks to attack the Marder. It's an unnecessary risk at this juncture imo, and we need to preserve those tanks for as long as possible. The Marder is already in bazooka range, can be threatened by mortars, and only carries 9 HE rounds, so it is really not my priority right now.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments about how things are going, let me know, and hopefully we'll get this wrapped up without too much further bloodshed.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

B Company

1st and 2nd Platoon: pop smoke and take a breather, try to get your bazookas on that visible Marder if you can

3rd Platoon: hold your positions

ORDERS FOR INPUT

Fire Mission:

I'll take one of these with four 81s and two Able 60s

4th Platoon: left mg deploys and targets infantry in the hedges, when done target positions in Thriller Forest. Right mg targets Gun #1 trenches. Pull mortars back to safe distance, recover, target priority Gun #1 trenches.

HQ+XO: return fire and yell encouraging slogans.

LazyQ fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 28, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah we need to maintain a fleet in being of tanks or they'll gain a whole lot of freedom of movement for those Marders.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

OK. I'll leave most of the lumping and splitting at Glynn's discretion, here's what I want done. The numbers are where I think each squad is. In order of priority:

B. (OK, I got the lettering wrong) At least one automatic weapon is to suppress here at all times until the MG is deployed and firing.

C. I want some firepower in this direction immediately. Pref at least one BAR. As the trenches are suppressed, see if we can transfer teams over to target C.

A. Get some smoke covering 1 squad while they pull themselves together. Use PHQ, 1 if they come back under command and if we have to, one team from 3 squad in the second turn. PHQ should then endeavor to keep a command link with 1 squad.

D. At your discretion, some smoke here to screen 3 squad off from the trenches may be necessary if 3 is taking casualties from the flank.

E. If the situation seems to be under control, E would be an excellent target for a rifle team. Or perhaps we could give some target indications to those bewildered looking desk jockeys who've found themselves next to us...

F. Possible location for 2 section to biff some smoke to block the bunkers but prioritize supression at first.

That lost scout section at the back to rejoin it's squad ASAP.

As far as splitting goes, I'd prefer squads split into 2 not three as long as the first three items are getting dealt to. If they've got a decent target to fire at and it works, they can stay together.

Notes:
Centurium, I'm relying on you to suppress those bunkers, I've got to many targets and if they decide to enfilade me I'm in for a pretty bad time. I imagine this is in your interest anyway.

I've decided the AT teams aren't going to be resilient enough to survive on their own unless we lessen the enemy fire, so this turn is pot luck IRT to bazookas, If things go well this turn I'll look at setting out a couple of teams on AT watch.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

C-1 and C-2 Platoons

C-2 adopt the same formation as C-1 and walk up to the left flank of C-1 with about 50m space between the two platoons.

These orders may be overridden if C Company is retasked this turn.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 29, 2020

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

MAP

ORDERS

Platoon 2 sections at Chelsea
Are to advance to the Erika line, where they will deploy their machine guns. Their job is to cover the west/west-northwest area behind Baker. This will ensure that we can deliver automatic firepower on enemies crossing the Hall road. This will ensure that German forces cannot counterattack into Baker's rear area without opposition. It will also bring our heavy machine guns forward, giving greater tactical flexibility in their deployment.

Platoon 2 HQ
The platoon HQ are to attempt to request AREA, 70 m RADIUS, TUBES 1-4, HEAVY, LONG, PERSONNEL, IMMEDIATE mortar fire on or near the Hayley point. Their job is to suppress and destroy the enemy. This will allow Baker company to eliminate the enemy near the fortifications with minimal resistance and enable them to secure the area, thereby allowing us to destroy the enemy guns.

Failing this, they are to advance to the Erika line. Their job is to observe the battlefield both north towards the Back in Black forest, behind the Run DMTrees line, and west towards Hall road in Baker's rear area. This will enable them to request indirect fire support on enemy force concentrations, which will suppress and destroy the enemy and enable our machine guns to suppress the enemy and win the firefight, which will enable Baker to assault and secure the enemy fortifications, and protect Baker from a counterattack into their rear area.

Platoon 1 HQ
If Platoon 2 HQ cannot achieve their first objective, Platoon 2 HQ are to attempt to request AREA, 70 m RADIUS, TUBES 1-4, HEAVY, LONG, PERSONNEL, IMMEDIATE mortar fire on or near the Hayley point.

Otherwise, they are to stay with the sections in the Dorothy line. Their job is to observe the battlefield both north towards the Back in Black forest, behind the Run DMTrees line, and west towards Hall road in Baker's rear area. This will enable them to request indirect fire support on enemy force concentrations, which will suppress and destroy the enemy and enable our machine guns to suppress the enemy and win the firefight, which will enable Baker to assault and secure the enemy fortifications, and protect Baker from a counterattack into their rear area.

Platoon 3 HQ
If Platoon HQs 1 and 2 cannot achieve their first objectives, the Mortar Platoon HQ are to attempt to request AREA, 70 m RADIUS, TUBES 1-4, HEAVY, LONG, PERSONNEL, IMMEDIATE mortar fire on or near the Hayley point. If that cannot be achieved from Mortar Platoon HQ's current position, they are to continue their advance to Faelyn and repeat the attempt.

Otherwise they are are to continue their advance to the Faelyn line. Their job is to observe the battlefield north towards the Back in Black forest and northwest behind the Run DMTrees line. This will enable them to request indirect fire support on enemy force concentrations, which will suppress and destroy the enemy and enable our machine guns to suppress the enemy and win the firefight, which will enable Baker to assault and secure the enemy fortifications.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

1st platoon B company draft orders

stragglers in red: get to the run DMTrees line, QUICK if possible.

smoke along the grey line. do i need to be more specific? the spot where something big shot at my guys at the end of the 3rd minute would be a good place to start.

how should i refine this?

edited to be orders

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 30, 2020

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

One other thing. I've noticed that for casualty objectives such as the Germans have, the game counts points according to percentage of crew casualties rather than vehicles knocked out. That's loving stupid and not what I wanted, so heads up that at the end of this I'm going to make whatever manual adjustment of the score is necessary to count by vehicles knocked out.

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

C Company Orders

C Company is to continue their orders from last turn.

Continue orders from last turn, adjusting movement speeds as necessary if men are tired or exhausted.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Hold position. Anyone without a target or ability to area fire north of RunDMTrees should be area firing into the copse of trees full of contacts to the right.

Anyone with a solid target shoot that target until it disappears or dies.

Everyone else focus suppressing fire on largest reachable sources of enemy fires, with special effort given to dissuading anyone from getting back into the bunkers.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 30, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st (and only) Section

Stay Put. Open Up.

One tank Target Armor, 90 degree arc centered on Marder contacts (or wider to cover possible Marder positions + where they might move to) range to cover possible positions.

Second tank alternate fire on the bunkers until they're dead dead and any other targets of opportunity. Once the bunkers are dead or in the third turn put a few smoke rounds on the trench line just behind the bunkers or as close as feasible.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sorry, these are a bit barebones but I'm falling behind on everything atm

Orders, A coy, 2nd & 3rd plt

2nd plt
1. Please FAST that team that is off to the far left of the Platoon formation onto the hedgerow that the rest of the Platoon is on. There's a hole in the formation on the left side of the hedgerow, slot them in there.

2. Select a team that is in decent shape as far as casualties, morale, fatigue is concerned, preferably one that is near the middle of the hedge, and have it FAST up to the next hedge ahead.

3rd plt
Please widen the plt frontage a bit to get everyone on the edge of the woods and with eyes on the village as far as possible. Especially that one rearmost squad should move up, while not stacking up on 1st plt elements.

Centurium posted:

Tanks, 1st (and only) Section

:lol:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I kinda rushed these because I'm out of time tonight. I can grab more detail tomorrow, including unit shots. Just put in your requests!

Turn 28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krF7VLOZsAU

Turn 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49qx0pRsG7E

Turn 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fay_3SYyn7k

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders are due Noon EDT / 4PM GMT / 5PM BST on Wednesday, April 1.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Well, things could be better! But they could be worse. Here's the situation everyone is facing, and what I want them to do:

A Company

With having faced minimal German resistance, A Company now overlooks nearly all of Madonnaville (or whatever the actual name is). As it stands, the level of German resistance on this half of the map appears slight, and we may be able to overrun them with our infantry alone. However, in just 7 minutes we have a 105mm howitzer barrage incoming that should provide enough of a shock and impact to rattle the German defenders and make our assault easier, so for the time being I'm inclined to hold off on a full assault—at least until either the barrage hits, or we can get more lines of sight into the town and its defenders. To that end, Random, I want you to finish your movement, stretch out to the tip of Joshua tree. Aphid, advance the rest of your platoon up to the new hedge line, and send at least some of them to the next one. They may be needed very soon to help relieve the pressure off B Company.

A Company assets are to remain where they are for the time being.

B Company

Your situation isn't great. Not terrible, granted, but certainly not great. Both 1st and 2nd platoon are pinned down, though outside of 1st Squad, 2nd platoon losses aren't awful. 3rd platoon meanwhile is fairly intact with only a handful of casualties, but appears to be engaged in a firefight with (At present) unseen enemies on the patch of woods to their east. However, help is on the way: Our mortar strike will be landing in mere moments, which should suppress a good number of those German MGs and give our troops some time to recover. C Company should also hopefully be there soon-ish, providing fresh troops with which to smash the Germans. For the time being, your job is simple: Try and survive, and hold the line.

(Also there's a straggler from 1st Platoon still hanging around LatwPIAT's HMGs, you should probably get them back up to the line at some point)

C Company

We need you now, and we need you quick. Random, I'd like you to plot a plan of attack to strike at the Germans and take the fort through the gap between A Company and B Company. Also get your mortars deployed-I want every tube at our disposal to be laying down fire missions to help B Company. Finally, I want your troops to get into the fight as soon as possible-try shifting to alternating MOVE and QUICK orders to delay fatigue while still getting them to their jumping-off point.

D Company

LatwPIAT, good work with those HMGs. We can coordinate more on the discord, but there's actually some good work the HMGs can do right now-several of them can see the Marder, and others can see a German MG position anchoring their flank. This turn, I want every HMG that can see an enemy to open up on them—and I want every HMG that can't to move up and take positions along our far western flank, either at the end of RunDMTrees or along the Faelyn line you identified.

Also shoot an HMG or two over to A Company, we could use always use more fire support at Appetite for Destruction Point or in Joshua Trees. There's an HMG waaaaay back guarding the 81mm mortars that would be a good candidate for this. I'm also assigning you the Jeep currently transporting the Shore Fire Control Party to facilitate this, or whatever other MG movements you deem necessary.

Tanks

The good news is you gave what you got. The bad news is, there's still one coming. Fortunately, there's a chance the incoming mortar barrage may disrupt it, and I'm also assigning LatwPIAT to put some HMG fire on them. Might not do much more than rattle them, but that's all we need.

With regards to how to proceed, the choice is yours. Your priority is to preserve your armor, which means keeping it away from all those Germans from Panzershrecks, but also trying to both destroy the Marder and support B Company. These goals may be mutually exclusive, but it is your job to determine how to use our remaining tank. If you want more specific orders or advice, feel free to ping me with a screenshot. As it stands, however, be aware that the Marder is very much looking in your general direction, and based on how spotting works in this system he may very well see and kill you before your tank even has a chance to respond. But, same goes for our vehicle. Will moving help? Will moving hurt? Who knows! ~that's combat mission!~

Alright, think that's everybody and everything. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to let me know. I have an open door policy.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 31, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
As asked for in the discord, posted here for easy reference:

B Company Overview:

B Company Command: 6 OK, 2 KIA

1st Platoon:

HQ: 2 OK

1st Squad: 6 OK, 6 KIA

2nd Squad: 10 OK, 2 KIA

3rd Squad: 10 OK, 2 KIA

2nd Platoon:

HQ: 2 OK, 1 KIA

1st Squad: 5 OK, 7 KIA

2nd Squad: 9 OK, 3 KIA

3rd Squad: 8 OK, 4 KIA

3rd Platoon:

HQ: 3 OK

1st Squad: 9 OK, 2 KIA

2nd Squad: 6 OK, 2 KIA

3rd Squad: 12 OK

4th Platoon:

HQ: 5 OK, 1 KIA

Mortar Section: 12 OK, 5 KIA

MG Section: 9 OK, 3 KIA

CASUALTY TOTAL: 114 OK, 40 KIA

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
D Company Overview

This one will be a little different-I want to focus on the HMGs, what they can see, and what they can't.

1st Platoon:

1st Section HQ exchanged some fire with a distant German MG, taking one casualty in the last turn. Currently shaken and won't accept orders.

First gun and ammo bearer is currently hidden away in the second floor of a house in the starting area. Can't see anything useful from where he is.

2nd Section HQ cannot see or target anything useful from where they are positioned.

Gunner is cowering and apparently can't draw LoS to the distant German MG, though that may be because he's cowering. Possibly worth relocating in any case.

2nd Platoon:

Gun is in a good position and can see both the far western German MG and the Marder. However, they are nearly pinned from the incoming MG fire.

Same situation as the previous gun, except the gun isn't deployed (because they're all pinned and just arrived at the position)

2nd Section HQ is still moving, but should have roughly similar lines of sight to the last two guns when it arrives.

Last gun is still moving up, already Fatigued and may be exhausted by the time they arrive. Can see the Marder from where they are. May be worth dropping where they are or scooting back into the treeline instead of dashing all the way to the forward hedge.

Now, your opposition:

These guys have been giving you a very hard time the past turn, and will make it harder to move up any other guns in the west. Definitely worth shooting a target order or two in his direction to keep him pinned down.

There's also some riflemen! I don't think they've been doing, like, a huge amount but worth noting they do exist.

Randomcheese3
Sep 6, 2011

C Company Orders

C Company is to move forwards at speed - QUICK movement forwards, slowing to MOVE if the men start showing signs of fatigue. Two platoons are to move to the black line, and one to the purple line. These will be jumping-off points for further attacks. If these lines are reached in this phase, then one platoon at the black line is to move at FAST to the black dashed line. The other platoon is to remain in place and provide covering fire. The platoon at the purple line is to do the same to the dashed purple line. Company HQ and MGs are to move forwards to the vicinity of the grey circle, and begin putting down fire on German targets in the area of the fort; if none are visible from there, then they should move forwards to positions where they can. Company mortars are to move to the white line, deploy there, and begin to fire on targets within the fort.

Carry on.

Randomcheese3 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 1, 2020

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

B Company

Previous orders stand, smoke, bazookas on Marders and bunkers, return fire. You're in a tight spot but there's a mortar strike coming so hold fast.

4th Platoon: deploy anywhere they can as soon as possible to start suppressing any enemy positions shooting at B Company. This includes both mgs and mortars.

LazyQ fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 1, 2020

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Platoon HQ sprint or run about 20m off the line, then crawl toward the squads, try to establish command links

2A team is to target the Marder when they can. Everyone else to concentrate fire on the circled area when they can, targets of opportunity if they can't see that area.

3B team to make their way up toward the front lines again however possible then crawl the last 20m.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

lazyq, glynn, is there anything to add for first platoon b company? aside from telling those guys waaaay in the back to move out? it seems like the platoon's only going to make the orders happen if they can get unpinned

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

ORDERS
Machine guns should prioritize:
1) Enemy machine guns
2) Enemy Marders
3) Everything else
They should be liberal with their fire and attempt to drown the Germans in hot lead.

Platoon 1 Section 1 Team 1
Are to meet up with and board the Shore Fire Control Party Jeep. Then they will make their way to Appetite for Destruction Point, where they will dismount and deploy their machine guns. Their job is to support Able Company with machine gun fire.

Platoon 1 Section 2 HQ
Are to advance west and cross the road, then advance north, keeping the road to their right, until they reach the northernmost wood south of Faelyn. When they arrive they are to find a position where they can shoot at identified enemies in the area north of the Run DMTrees line and deploy their machine guns. Their job is to suppress the German forces. This will suppress the enemy machine guns, which will allow Platoon 2 to deliver fire on the enemy forces, allowing us to fully suppress the enemy and win the firefight.

Platoon 1 Section 2 Team 1
Are to retreat south until they reach the cover of the low bocage, then advance west and across the road, then then advance north, keeping the road to their right, until they reach the northernmost wood south of Faelyn. When they arrive they are to find a position where they can shoot at identified enemies in the area north of the Run DMTrees line and deploy their machine guns. Their job is to suppress the German forces. This will suppress the enemy machine guns, which will allow Platoon 2 to deliver fire on the enemy forces, allowing us to fully suppress the enemy and win the firefight.

Platoon 2 Section 2 Team 1
Counter-order: they are to retreat to the treeline they just left, where they will deploy their machine gun and fire at the Germans. This will suppress the enemy machine guns, which will allow the rest of Platoon 2 to deliver fire on the enemy forces, allowing us to fully suppress the enemy and win the firefight.

Everyone Else
As you were.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

24 hour extension!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Orders A coy, 2nd and 3rd platoons

2nd platoon
Please advance the forward team by another hedgerow (to that treeline ahead of them) using FAST.
Please advance two teams in decent shape from the main platoon hedgerow one hedgerow up, ie to the one where that lone forward team started out.
IF no fire from crewserved weapons (mortar, MG, vehicles, especially and particularly any AT guns) or more than sporadic rifle fire is encountered by the beginning of the last turn please advance everyone up to the forwardmost hedge (the treeline, the one you advanced the forward team into in step one) using FAST.
If heavy fire IS encountered please stop sending up any more guys so we can look at how to deal with that.
If the platoon HQ can move up without disrupting the fire mission call-in process please move it up by one hedgerow.

3rd platoon
Hold in place, maybe shoot at someone idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders C-1 and C-2 Platoons

C-1

Quick move so that the formation lands with the front sections on the hedge as shown. Move or hunt them forward until they can see the enemy or lay down fire on the bunkers or trench line. Platoon HQ to stay about 70 - 120m from the Front sections with rear section about 20m behind them.

C-2

Quick forward to the hedge and form into standard formation. Then move forward until front elements are about 50m behind the front lines. If a unit gets pinned, all other units are to return fire. In that situation you can move them however you like to get their weapons to bear.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 2, 2020