Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Okay goons, the thing Fray didn't mention is that this is a two hour mission so slow and methodical will be the game here. A plan is coming together in discord and when we have everyone signed up to various commands then I'll post here what my intent is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Alright then lets do this!

Fray has already done SITUATION and MISSION, so to fill out the rest of the OPORD that matters:

3. EXECUTION.

a. Commander's Intent

I intent to conduct a deliberate attack on enemy positions, assaulting first on the fort overlooking Crisbecq, and then the village itself. I will seek to deny the enemy awareness of my intent and seek to keep sufficient reserves disengaged and available to respond to any contingency.

b. Concept of operations.

I will conduct this operation in three phases.

In phase one the battalion will deploy from its initial positions to start lines for the assault. Scouting elements will deploy forwards to identify, locate and destroy German observation posts, as well as pinpoint heavy weapons.

At H+20 phase two will begin. Under cover of naval bombardment the battalion left flank will conduct a rapid advance to the fort and clear it of enemy presence.

Phase three follows the capture of the fort, in which the battalion right flank, along with reserves, will envelop and destroy German forces in the town.

c. Scheme of Fires.

At H+15 the Tuscaloosa will commence a preparatory bombardment of the fort area. This bombardment will provide cover for the battalion's advance.

d. Casualty Evacuation.

Casualties are to be left behind by assaulting units and are to be treated by follow-on forces. Casualty treatment will take the form of rummaging through their pockets for a few minutes until they disappear.

e. Tasks to Subordinate Units

A Coy: Acebuckeye13

You are responsible for the battalion's right frontage. You should probe your front to scout out German positions and engage them if you feel you have a decisive local advantage. In the first phase of the operation it would be advantageous for you to conduct a demonstration in your sector to garner German attention, but you should preserve your force for the assault on the village. Crucially you will not have armour or heavy weapons support for much of the battle so you should take care not to get too heavily engaged.

B Coy: LazyQ

You are to deploy to the battalion's left, identify a start line for you assault on the fort, and have your company ready to go at H+20. You should use scouting elements to identify enemy positions to your front which will be suppressed during your approach. You should seek to avoid detection by the enemy for as long as possible, you may wish to do that by ordering your company to move stealthily to the start line or deploying rapidly from cover close to the assault time. After you have finished securing the fort you are to establish a defence, supervise the destruction of the guns, and provide security for C Coy's assault of the village.

C Coy: Randomcheese3

On arriving on the battlefield you will follow B Coy's assault on the fort. If the assault has stalled you are to reinforce B Coy, otherwise you are to preserve your force until the fort is secure, after which you will conduct a passage of lines to seize the village.

D Coy: Eukie

You are to deploy to support B Coy's assault. HMG teams will provide suppression of suspected enemy positions and mortars will strike critical targets and provide a covering smokescreen at the appropriate time. You will follow the assaulting force and provide additional firepower where required. On securing the fort you will deploy to support C Coy's assault on the village.

Det. 746th Tk Bn: Frangible

You will operate on the left flank of the battalion to support assaulting elements as you deem most appropriate.

Nobody has taken Pioneers yet so I suggest that unless anyone appears we treat them as part of Eukie's heavy weapons company.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Obviously discord collapses as the turn is being run.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Command

The plan remains intact, everyone keep doing what you are doing.

A Company: the German right looks potentially quite weak. You have the option to disengage on the left, pull those forces back, and wrap round to redeploy them on the right and take a move covered approach to the town. This and the next turn are probably the last point in the game where you will have that option.

If you decide not to then one possibility is that when C company arrives it can march and deploy down the coastal road rather than through B Coy's footsteps.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Command

Order the naval bombardment to cease fire for, uh, reasons.

Everyone else can continue to follow the plan as written.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Me watching the last three turns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te7goyAnzAQ

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 21, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Command

Okay judging from the falloff in german fire across the line it looks like resistance is crumbling. B company is cleared to start its assault. Armour should close up and continue to eliminate priority threats as they close on DMTrees.

C Company, deploy on the left behind B company as the second wave. Do try to provide supporting fire where possible, but try not to get entangled in the assault. Remember that you are the exploitation force.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 23, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

All movement in the open should be a minimum of QUICK.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn Update

Reposting this general sitrep and orders update from Discord:

Incidental update on the state of play for @allied-player s (realising I can do this):
A company is staking out positions to observe/dominate/assault the town
B company is launching its assault across the Western Fields and onward onto the Fort.
C company is following up in the wake of B Company (rule of thumb, one hedgerow behind)
D Company and the Tank Platoon are acting in support of B Company.

I'm ready to play the 105 card. We'll need a company level hq deployed to spot (@Acebuckeye13) with good vision into the centre of Crisbecq, and this will be a generous area bombardment of the town and western outskirts, two tubes for maximum duration at a harassment rate of fire.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 24, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1st Bn lazy orders that I c/p from the discord chat:

I think the tanks can now operate on the basis that theres no infantry threat in the western fields. B company needs to hustle up and orientate to dmtrees. C company should wait for the mortar strike that's being spotted now ( presumably onto b companies start line) and then try to sneak up behind b company - at that point there might be no german eyes at all on the march route and we can make a fresh company suddenly appear in the fort.

Long story short everything is going well, just keep working the plan.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

For some reason you have your left hand squads ignoring the cover of the treeline and charging straight at the mg42 that's spraying you now. If you just arc right you'll have a completely clear run up.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1Bn update to B Company

I think your mission is viable with the tank support but I am now thinking it's a lot of frontage for one company to cover. Make sure you have good security on your left before you try to clear the fort. Also watch out for german forces on your right - there's no reason at all to expose yourself to them as you are now.

We've secured the ability to march up to the foot of the fort without being shot at, lets reinforce your position, clean up everything to the left of the fort, then sweep through nice and deliberately. No need to try to do everything at once. If it looks like there's more germans than you can handle then we'll commit C company.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Did some quick Battalion A2 to stop myself going mad in lockdown. This is what we would be looking at if Fray stuck to formations - I'm not sure if that's true or not, but in reality this is the Intelligence picture that we'd have built up at this point of the enemy formations ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

1bn

Well it all just got a bit harder for everyone, but the good news is that B company is fighting and intact, as opposed to 'all dead or dying under a German mortar bombardment'. The Plan is still good, everyone just keep working it.

A company - keep doing what you are doing.
B company - fight it out on your line. Try to suppress the marder if possible.
C company - continue to march leisurely up behind B company using a covered approach. Worst case B company and the germans in front of them will exhaust each other, then we'll throw you into the line fresh and you can sweep up.
D company - continue providing support. You might now want to bound your HMGs to DMTrees, but you've been doing really well and I'll leave this to your judgement.

Specific instructions for the armour: okay we're doing this again, except properly this time. Use hunt and an armour arc to move up the the hedgerow and engage the marder. This image shows clearly which way it's pointing so you can pick a point to make contact at the most favourable angle:

You may want to wait one minute for the infantry to try to get some suppression on the vehicle.