Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Orders Combat Command Louseliquor

Squads deploy in the positions indicated on the map, just ploinked into the field.

HQ QUICK to h2 via h1.
A squad SPLIT and one team each to QUICK to the dots at a2. Indicated half then HUNTs to a3.
B squad SPLIT in half. QUICK to b1, then to b2 as indicated. Half stays there, second half HUNTs to b3.
C squad detach one SCOUT TEAM (ST). All MOVE to c1. Bulk of squad then HUNT to c2. Scout team HUNT to c3.

Squads deploy in the positions indicated on the map.

If possible, HQ splits off a team to MOVE to the top floor of the house (it should be the three storey one) then HIDES. If HQs can‘t split off teams just HIDE the whole thing on ground floor.
A squad MOVEs into the building indicated by the blue line, then HIDES.
B squad MOVEs into the building indicated by the blue line, then HIDES.
C squad MOVEs to c2, then HIDES.

Don‘t worry boys, your time will come.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

is that darker area in aphidlicker's map the deployment zone? if so, i'll need to start near the houses. i drew up an incredibly detailed plan:

I sure hope it is because that's the assumption I built my deployment plan around :v:

But it's been a while since I last played this game.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd and 3rd platoons

Colored lines to indicate the type of move orders i want used, blue=move and purple=hunt.

Two lines emanating from the same unit indicate that I want that unit split, if it can't be split - I'm a bit hazy on the rules for that - move the unit to a bit of cover in between the two target points.

A Company, 2nd platoon

A Company, 3rd platoon

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 8, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I already stacked two HQs into that house, hope there's some wine and cheese available for all those nobles :v:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Colored lines to indicate the type of move orders i want used, blue=move and purple=hunt.

Conditional for contact: If not taking fire, HIDE. If taking fire, SNEAK back the way you came until contact is broken.

A Company, 2nd platoon

A Company, 3rd platoon

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 12, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

e: second try
A coy 2nd &3rd platoon

I kept the lines separate so they'd be discernible so don't slavishly stick to them, basically I want all guys to be moving inside the treelines so they're not as easy to be observed and then end their movement at the edge of the trees so they can see.

Conditionals for contact: fire upon weaker, similar-strength or out-of-position/moving stronger forces, retreat when clearly outgunned.

I'm not sure who is whose HQ, please HUNT them to the positions indicated in the pictures along a conservative route.

2nd platoon

3rd platoon

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 14, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Colored lines to indicate the type of move orders i want used, yellow=quickand purple=hunt. Darker purple apparently is SLOW according to GIS? I'll write it out below.

A Company, 2nd platoon

Western element (under the machine gun) moves SLOW a bit down the hedge, takes position looking towards enemy.
Easternmost element moves SLOW back from the edge of the wooded area, then QUICK into a covered reserve position as indicated.
Second most easternmost (sorry) element FAST across the road, HUNT into the hedge so that they can see towards the enemy.
Third most easternmost (argh) QUICK to the edge of the woods, HUNT into the hedge so that they can see towards the enemy.
Fourth from the East just move up a bit through the woods using QUICK.

A Company, 3rd platoon

All elements QUICK as indicated, moving deep through the woods to avoid being spotted while following the general route shown. The HQ stays at the point where the platoon splits up again, one squad moves QUICK along each of the three paths indicated, switching to HUNT right before getting to the very edge of the woods and taking up position there so that they have visibility out of the woods. Easternmost squad splits off a SCOUT TEAM, sends it off further north as indicated while bulk of the squad stays in position at the edge of the forest.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

RIP naval bombardment, literally killed for being too awesome

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la Goon Combat Mission

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd platoon

Please move everyone as indicated. Light purple = HUNT, dark purple = SLOW, orange = FAST. Select final unit positions that let them look outside the woods.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Alright that won't work. Please disengage all elements (using SLOW for the northernmost one until safe from observation inside the woods), then MOVE as indicated (blue) along the same route that 1st platoon's elements used for that bit of their movement. At the point indicated by the color change of the line switch to HUNT, one squad to each gold dot to sit right on the edge of the woods looking out, HQ to the one marked H.

Should combat break out inside the woods please have 3rd plt halt inside the triangle defined by the positions of the elements of 1st's plt currently across the inlet, squads out front, HQ in the back.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 22, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd platoon

Please move everyone onto the firing line as indicated to engage. Orange = FAST. Move the HQ up to the enemy-facing edge of that stand of trees they're currently in.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Okay this is a bit too slow. IF the left-right-running road probably can't be seen by the enemy as far as you can tell please switch 3rd to move QUICK along that road. River crossing stays the same (only now at QUICK), the point where to switch to HUNT remains unchanged (only now from QUICK), destinations for units stay the same.

Otherwise continue with orders (unchanged): MOVE as indicated (blue) along the same route that 1st platoon's elements used for that bit of their movement. At the point indicated by the color change of the line switch to HUNT, one squad to each gold dot to sit right on the edge of the woods looking out, HQ to the one marked H.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 24, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

quick and dirty company orders:

Aphid, get third platoon moving quicker to firing positions in Joshua Trees. As it stands they're not going to make it to firing positions for a while, and I want that platoon able to put fire down on the village prono.

Okie dokie. Second stays where it is?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Company, 2nd platoon

Shelter in place. I'm very sorry. Have the HQ call in the 105s on the town. 2 Tubes, Medium, Long, Immediate. Try and get the entire town under the circle, should be ~260m area.

A Company, 3rd platoon

Please switch to QUICK, go as straight north as possible across the inlet, but as far to the right as necessary to not get them shot at from the left, and put the squads on the edge of the trees as indicated, HQ to the H with as good a view as you can finagle. Thank you!

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 27, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah we need to maintain a fleet in being of tanks or they'll gain a whole lot of freedom of movement for those Marders.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sorry, these are a bit barebones but I'm falling behind on everything atm

Orders, A coy, 2nd & 3rd plt

2nd plt
1. Please FAST that team that is off to the far left of the Platoon formation onto the hedgerow that the rest of the Platoon is on. There's a hole in the formation on the left side of the hedgerow, slot them in there.

2. Select a team that is in decent shape as far as casualties, morale, fatigue is concerned, preferably one that is near the middle of the hedge, and have it FAST up to the next hedge ahead.

3rd plt
Please widen the plt frontage a bit to get everyone on the edge of the woods and with eyes on the village as far as possible. Especially that one rearmost squad should move up, while not stacking up on 1st plt elements.

Centurium posted:

Tanks, 1st (and only) Section

:lol:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Orders A coy, 2nd and 3rd platoons

2nd platoon
Please advance the forward team by another hedgerow (to that treeline ahead of them) using FAST.
Please advance two teams in decent shape from the main platoon hedgerow one hedgerow up, ie to the one where that lone forward team started out.
IF no fire from crewserved weapons (mortar, MG, vehicles, especially and particularly any AT guns) or more than sporadic rifle fire is encountered by the beginning of the last turn please advance everyone up to the forwardmost hedge (the treeline, the one you advanced the forward team into in step one) using FAST.
If heavy fire IS encountered please stop sending up any more guys so we can look at how to deal with that.
If the platoon HQ can move up without disrupting the fire mission call-in process please move it up by one hedgerow.

3rd platoon
Hold in place, maybe shoot at someone idk.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A coy 2nd & 3rd plts

2nd: please move up everyone from the back line who can't see poo poo to a position on the front one where he can
3rd: please move everyone who can't see poo poo to a position where they can while roughly keeping the position of the platoon

Good luck guys!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A Coy, 2nd and 3rd plt
2nd plt
Hold. If the HQ can be moved up without losing the fire mission please move it up to the hedgerow behind the main line.

3rd plt
Please move the plt roughly into the area indicated on QUICK, (SLOW to get back from the edge of the woods where fire is coming in). Choose final positions that ensure that the guys are not visible from the known enemy positions.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A coy 2nd & 3rd

2nd plt
Hold in place, shoot at visible contacts.

3rd plt

Please move forward elements 3rd plt into position on the edge of the treeline as indicated. Where possible place them so they can see into the village, but just staging for further advance is fine as well. Don't move guys into positions where they get into bad trouble (like taking on MGs singlehandedly), this is more of a repositioning than an attack, attack comes later.

Once the indicated section of treeline is full place the remaining platoon elements in the area from the last map to avoid bunching, again avoiding enemy observation:

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 12, 2020

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

OOC: This was fun. Godspeed for the finale, Ace!

A coy 2nd and 3rd plt

2nd plt
Hold position and engage targets of opportunity. Advance once Crisbecq is taken, or in support of other efforts.

3rd plt
Participate in the assault on Crisbecq alongside 1st plt and any further advances afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Roosevelt heika banzai!