Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Orders, 3rd Plt B Coy

All platoons are to immediately split off scout teams.
1sq is BLACK
2sq is RED
3sq is BLUE

For the first two turns of the game:
Scout elements are to MOVE along their squad routes.
1sq is to occupy the 1story building juuuust outside the deployment zone on the left and in front of the 2 story building with the HMG on the second floor.
2sq is to occupy the 2 story building with the HMG on the first floor
3sq is to occupy the 2 story building with the HMG on the second floor.
Command element is to also hang out on the second floor and look at stuff with binoculars.

On turn three:
Everyone gets out of the buildings

On turn four and afterwards:
The squads MOVE following their prescribed routes. command follows 3sq.

NOTE: THESE ORDERS ASSUME BREAKS FOR MORE ORDERS IN CASE OF MEETING SIGNIFICANT RESISTANCE.

If that assumption is false, if the scout teams meet fire please move main squads to support in 1-2 bounding order, with 1sq moving and 2 and 3sqs providing fire, then 2 and 3 move next, etc.
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
ORDERS, 1st section 1st plt 746th Tank Btn

Tank 1 is black
Tank 2 is blue

Both are to go exactly one game square behind that delicious bocage.

If any tasty targets present themselves the tanks are to go directly up to the bocage and shoot the target until it is dead or no longer has confirmed sighting for more than a whole turn, at which point the tank should displace 3-5 squares laterally along the bocage and again 1 square behind it. For loss of sighting less than 1 turn long the tanks should area target the last known location of the target.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 7, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Orders 1 Section 1 Platoon 746 Tank Battalion

No change in orders. Discretion to break cover and open fire is upon Glynnenstein's appraisal that failure to do so endangers the infantry. Shoot and scoot rules still apply in that case.

Orders, B Coy 3 Platoon

You're late, men. Hurry up and follow those orders from last time.

Edit: let's make up for time. Once all squads are out of buildings and moving, change to quick for at most two turns. After that back to move if they ain't there yet.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 9, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Ok, each squad is to SPLIT into fire teams and MOVE into position.

Glynn, please do your best to guess the military crest and keep the boys just on the reverse slope side.

RED is Command
BLUE is 1 sq
AQUA is 2 sq
MAROON is 3 sq.

Again, if the enemy informs you of LOS by means of hot lead, please hit the dirt. If there's at least 3 fire teams able to shoot back, shoot back for a turn and disengage at your discretion. If a fire team is on their lonesome, SLOW back to break LOS.

Sorry for the work intense orders.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

RED is HQ tank
BLUE is 1 tank
PURPLE is 2 tank

Ok, three phases:

First phase, all three tanks roll out past the hedge. WAIT at circle doing your best to allow enough time for all tanks to clear the hedge and FACE towards direction of next movement.

Second phase, MOVE along lines to destination.

Third phase is contingent:

If AT guns fire on you:

POP SMOKE and run to the nearest hull down wrt the AT guns

If you can shoot the germans:
Shoot the germans in the hedge that MG'd us last turn. OPEN UP unless under heavy fire.

If you can't: manuever till you can. OPEN UP unless under overwhelming fire.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 12, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Alright gentlemen, Divine Providence has seen fit to provide us the opportunity to rid this particular tree line of Nazi wickedness.

Ok, we all wait 30 seconds to give the tanks some time to give the Hun something to ponder.

Squads, I want you to MOVE by fire teams towards Powerslave Line. Everyone run up to where you can shoot, then 1 team advances while 2 teams shoot.

Once the return fire has died down, you're authorized to move 2 teams while one team overwatches.

I want you to remember three things: all of Baker Company has our backs, five tanks are delivering high explosive wrath on our enemies, and as we speak the good men of the Tuscaloosa are raining down fire the likes of which we've never seen and God willing we never shall have cause to again. So I want you all to advance with the knowledge that your task is righteous, and the spears of archangels accompany you. For it is written: I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them. I'm confident I shall meet you at Powerslave Line shortly.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks 1st Section

We caught em now boys! LT says 2 section are a-stavin in those bunkers, so us and him gets to poke them MG's in the tree line yonder. Open up and don't stop till they're all quiet like.

Target Briefly in 15 second increments all the targets you can see in RunDMTrees and anywhere else that seems ripe for 75mm HE. If you're out of targets, HUNT till you ain't, and shoot some more.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Come on son, pick up the pace!

Previous orders continue. Make sure the CO is going as well.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks 1st Section

Them there's set arunnin! Shift fire right! We right near got em that time! When we do, we go in slaunchwise on the bunkers. And tell the LT to get his rear in the durn tank. I don't care how he ain't afeared, without his head I'll have a sorry time listenin to his orders.

Button up

area fire on the remaining AT gun.

If it dies:

Reposition 2nd Tank very slightly forward and right to achieve LoS on bunker. Continue to target briefly targets of opportunity 15 seconds at a time if bunker is not available, target bunker if it is. No area fire on the bunkers.

If it doesnt:

Area fire until they stop shooting back. Your discretion of when to keep one tank firing on it vs when there's enough mortars and MG's firing on it for the tanks to shift targets.

You also have discretion to keep shooting the AT gun if a mission kill seems likely.

If you see/hear Marders moving to attack:

Assign at least one tank to counter the Marder. Use Target Armor unless that's a bad idea situationally.

If the Marders are in a position that directly threatens the tanks:

All tanks shift fire to the Marders immediately.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 20, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Gentlemen!

Welcome to Powerslave line. I believe you will see the Nazis down that way, and I'd be deeply obliged if you would use your rifles to convince them of the error of their ways. We'll need to relieve them of that line of trees shortly.

Fire on enemy contacts. I delegate to you the extent to which specific order types should be used, but please keep volume of fire up with area target / target briefly if our guns aren't adequately proving the mean rounds to failure data.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st Section

Gotdurnit Sam, shoot more!

While no Marders are threatening us:
Keep the guns firing on Germans. I delegate to you the most appropriate spread of target positions and for how long.

If Marders are threatening us:
Shoot the Marders.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Alright gentlemen, it seems to me that the Hun has realized the folly of returning fire at this point. The Captain just heard from the Old Man that we're going to relieve those people of the next tree line and the strongpoint beyond it. It falls to us to seize the right flank and then push on into the strongpoint. One more effort like your last and we'll be done here today!

QUICK along the yellow lines, FAST along orange.

IF: Enemy fire picks up again and there is a dangerous lack of supporting fires, you are authorized to halt up to two SQUADS to lay down suppressing fire. Alternate the firing squad every 30 seconds or so to keep em moving.

IF: Armor shows up real close, the bazooka squads should prioritize shooting them.

IF: Resistance breaks and the route to seize the bunkers is clear, advance to do so as seems most effective.

NOTE: don't have anyone halt or anything, line breaks are just to show clear vectors.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 24, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st Section

Look at em run! Let's get after em afore they change their minds!

MOVE more or less along the blue lines to as close to Bowie Highway as is maximally effective to engage the enemy anywhere along RunDMTrees or the Hall road.

After that, use whatever target commands will maximize firepower downrange against anything that might ponder shooting back.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Ok, phone posting today so I'm afraid no pictures and no time for funny voices.

BAKER 3 PLT:

Go order mix-ups have left us the only platoon to charge and arrayed in column against the enemy line. This will be ugly until 2plt shows up.

1st stage:
Rest and fire superiority. Shoot anything you can see, and anywhere you can guess bullets are coming from.

Lasts until all squads are out of tired or tiring status and 2plt is in position on Run DMTrees.

2nd stage: probing attacks.

Move one fire team into the bunker trenches at the strong point.

If results are favorable, begin moving a whole squad in there. Other two squads move up to take the other squads previous position. Other squads should exploit any opportunities that present themselves.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks 1 section:

1st priority:
See the Marder. You are authorized to move and or open up as best seems able to realize that objective. Don't stick your head into incoming MG fire though. That makes killing Marders harder. I can't read the terrain interruptions worth a drat. Kill the Marder.

2nd Priority:

Once the Marder is dead, button up if you're open.

Move towards RunDMTrees and area fire. Approach more closely as you become confident AT threats are outside effective range. In particular, I'd like a good vision of the unknown foxholes right behind Trees before you go right up to the front line.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

Hold position. Anyone without a target or ability to area fire north of RunDMTrees should be area firing into the copse of trees full of contacts to the right.

Anyone with a solid target shoot that target until it disappears or dies.

Everyone else focus suppressing fire on largest reachable sources of enemy fires, with special effort given to dissuading anyone from getting back into the bunkers.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 30, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks, 1st (and only) Section

Stay Put. Open Up.

One tank Target Armor, 90 degree arc centered on Marder contacts (or wider to cover possible Marder positions + where they might move to) range to cover possible positions.

Second tank alternate fire on the bunkers until they're dead dead and any other targets of opportunity. Once the bunkers are dead or in the third turn put a few smoke rounds on the trench line just behind the bunkers or as close as feasible.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Baker 3rd

Ok, assault in 3 phases. First phase, marked squads QUICK diagonally to a place that gives them LOS to lay down fire and cover the assault.

Phase 2, the first half assault squads FAST to the trenches by the strong-point. Other teams lay down suppressing fire.

Phase 3, the second half moves up to the trenches as the first half take over fire superiority efforts.

IF, as the first half reaches the trenches it seems that fire superiority cannot be achieved, have the first half teams in the trenches POP SMOKE if they are able.

Edit: oh, and the HQ needs to move down the treeline to get to position.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks

Provisional orders are ratified. ELAN to position.

Tank is to move QUICK to the line at RunDMTrees, and TARGET BRIEFLY visible sections of the trenches. Should any anti-tank teams be spotted during the turn, target the motherfuckers. At the end of the second minute, REVERSE out of line of sight.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 5, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Baker 3 Plt

It all gets sticky quickly.

Orders aren't certain to be received and good positions may be found that aren't obvious, so here's what I'd like done by way of priority:

1. Preserve forces and to the extent possible recover morale. If pulling back is likely to best result in substantial force preservation do so.

2. Toss smoke for anyone who will. Delay this for that one forward squad on the hedge that's still ok- they may have found a safe position. If it becomes clear they haven't, they toss smoke too.

3. Return fire.

This is a losing firefight by nature. Primary goal is to survive as an effective force long enough for the smoke barrage to land and C company to arrive so we can meaningfully contest fire superiority once more.

Tanks

For one turn at most:

Take your best guess as to what will break sight to any Germans. It may be that they can't see us where we are. As long as it seems like there's time to do so without surprise Panzers, reverse move (if you need to) to break spotting on the tank. Then smoke 2 places on the hedge, intending to minimally disrupt ability of the infantry to shoot at remaining German positions. The goal is to make a convincing show that we're attempting to protect the infantry and/or break the hedge for an assault and intend to occupy the smoke cloud to do so.

After that is done/at the start of turn 2, whichever comes sooner:

Move around the down end of the up/down running hedge that t bones into the bunker hedge and somewhat away from it to the right. I think there's a bit of hull down opportunity around there with decent lines of fire to the hill crest. Open up [only do this if you feel certain small arms fire is not a factor] , target armor arc intended to catch the Panzers.

Goon luck, and Godspeed.

Centurium fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 9, 2020

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Tanks

My orders have to be fairly reactive right now, so I'm going to feed you some goals that will require you to examine what is happening at the turns:

1. Time to play hide and seek. React to tank movement in a way to keep high ground breaking LoS as they move. If you can, attempt to use this movement to bait the tanks towards some bazookas.

2. Always be armor arcing.

3. Look from a safe distance. If you're safe from small arms fire because of LoS and terrain, open up to help spot. If you're moving to a place where infantry can take pot shots, close up again.

2. Be willing to take a risk if there's a golden opportunity. If the Panzers decide to react to the infantry moving into thriller or some such and offer sweet, sweet flanking shots to us then you should move out to take advantage of the opportunity. Just remember a 1 for 1 exchange at this point would be a loss for us, so it probably ought to be an opportunity to take out both tanks. I expect this won't happen.

3. Don't be seen. If you're pretty sure the tank has been spotted, look for a safe way to withdraw behind a LoS break. I'd highly prefer they react to the possibility of tank rather than a concrete tank threat.

4. Use smoke to maximize this guessing game where you can. Two caveats: First, don't shoot smoke if the Panzers could gank you while doing so. In that case target armor arc takes priority. Second, consider whether doing so would give information about the current location of the tank, and try to move somewhere else if you've given them a vector.

Sorry about the complex orders, but at this point we have to play reactively.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Baker Company 3 Plt

We're still waiting for other elements to maneuver.

Move if there's an opportunity to better take advantage of that bunker high ground to protect yourselves.

HQ team should attempt to get on the correct side of the hedge with everyone else. Toss some smoke before moving.

otherwise anyone in a position to usefully area fire should do so, and anyone who can't should be target armor arcing to catch the panzers in case they get frisky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009
Baker 3 plt

Try to edge closer to the hill while still blocking LoS until it's assault time.

Once it's assault time break back into fire teams. Each time has autonomy to reposition to best support the assault.

Tanks

Continue to cat and mouse per previous orders.

Only modification is that there is a ripe to strike. Come out shooting at tanks when an opportunity to catch both not looking presents itself.

If such an opportunity does not appear risk your tank if the panzers are threatening the success of the infantry assault.

If the tanks are dead or mission killed move up to suppress whatever sources of fire are still attacking our infantry.

If you survive, both tanks are dead, and there is no more significant fire, you are instructed to do donuts while expending smoke rounds. Then place your tank bodily in between the engineers and the vector of the majority of german contacts.