Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
First, I have taken it upon myself to give names to many of the key points and features of the map, which should hopefully aid in planning and coordination. I will refer to several of these points in my orders below.

With that out of the way, let's do some orders, subject to change.

OBJECTIVE:

Command wants us to move up and tie down German forces on the right. This means:

A: Identifying where the enemy is, so we can kill them,
B: Finding ideal positions from which to engage the enemy, bringing the brunt of our force to bear, so we may kill them,
C: Cutting off routes of escape, so that if they try to run, we may kill them.

Now, let's look at the area we'll be fighting.

The AO is a heavily forested area, flanked by a ridge to one side and water to the other. The ridge is the key ground, offering excellent firing lines across the valley.

As such, I have devised the following plan of attack:

First platoon under RandomCheese will move into Pyromania Forest, spreading out and establishing positions that can fire into Joshua Trees.

Second Platoon under Aphid is going to attempt to move to Appetite for Destruction Point, and occupy the treelines along Oates Way looking out across the valley.

Third platoon is to be held back for the time being, taking up positions in the northernmost houses of Jackson City, and moved up when necessary to plug holes or lead the next advance.

Both First and Second platoon are ordered to approach cautiously and in waves, splitting their teams, spreading out, and sending out small recon pickets well before the bulk of your force, so that if enemy activity is detected we may redirect our forces where needed.

The M1919s of the Weapons Platoon will be supporting Aphid as he advances to Appetite for Destruction Point. Once he secures it, they'll move there to provide fire support and to cut off enemy reinforcement or retreat from Joshua Trees.

The mortar platoon will be setting up in a copse of trees near Jackson City, and will be available to provide fire support and smoke cover when enemy forces are detected.

To both of you, be careful. I already said it, but spread out your forces and advance them slowly. We won't have much in the way of support, so we want to preserve our forces as best we can while putting as much fire onto the enemy as possible. Though it's unlikely the enemy will be allowed to deploy directly into Pyromania Forest or near Appetite for Destruction Point, they may rush to occupy those positions as we advance, so keep your guard up. b

Lemme know if either of you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
lovely phone orders: glynn if you can, deploy my mortars in that treeline near my half of the deployment area, and my MGs/ammo bearers and company command team in that house right on the edge of it, kthx

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Company orders: Same as last time. Random, see if you can split your platoons and spread out a bit more to cover more frontage.

Weapon platoon orders:

Let's get these guns moving. Mortars I want moving up to that hedge line, get them closer to the action. Mortar HQ gets to jump into the nearby house.

Machine Guns and their associated ammo bearers should start moving Quick to catch up to the advance.

Weapons Platoon HQ I also want moving Quick, then a Hunt action up to the forest line to get some eyes on the valley. I also want a Target Arc of 360 degrees and 20m on them so they don't reveal their position by taking unnecessary potshots.

Company HQ teams should move Quick up to the house behind the crossroads, where they'll be with the MG platoon HQ and one of the MGs.

If things start going pear-shaped, use your discretion to cancel movement orders and get dudes into cover or start laying down suppressing fire. This goes double for the mortars—they don't have a very long deployment time, but I want them stopped and deployed if we get any significant contact we may need them for.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Randomcheese3 posted:

I've only got one platoon, and it's hard to see how I can spread it out more - I think I'm covering about the eastern third of the front. Do you mean Aphid?

What I mean is by splitting your squads. Each squad is made up of up to three fire teams that can be split up and directed as their own individual units, and I'd like you to try and split your squads up so you can cover more frontage, while also making sure that your individual pixelmen are spread out so a single MG burst won't kill five guys*

*this has happened to me

If you want/need more details, feel free to @ me in discord and I'll be happy to oblige.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Deploy the A Company LMGs, just in case.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Alright boys, look like we got some CONTACT

1st Platoon Status

You've picked up some heat!

Looks like 2nd Squad/C Team has started taking some scattered rifle fire from that sound contact. Fortunately, you have something they don't: The M1918 BAR. You want my recommendation, put down a Area Target or Target Briefly on that contact and start blastin'.

Otherwise, things are somewhat quiet. The rest of 2nd Squad can't see poo poo and can freely move up. 1st Squad is in a decent position to provide fire across The River if needed, though Glynn could probably scooch them around a little for better LoS. 3rd Squad is still moving.

Orders

Keep moving to the edges of the forest, getting LoS. 3rd Squad in particular should be able to move up through the woods to get right up to The River, and we may be able to start crossing as soon as the next set of turns if we don't run into any more contact.

2nd and 3rd Platoon Status

We went over this in the discord pretty thoroughly, but to briefly recap: Most of your troops can't see poo poo, but some have reached good positions, and some are already firing on visible German contacts.

Orders

Continue putting 2nd Platoon in firing positions, and start moving 3rd Platoon to that first hedge line. We're still probing the German lines so don't get too bold — moving up a single scout team or squad to see if the enemy starts firing is a much better strategy than moving the whole platoon at once. But also don't be afraid to put down some Area Target or Target Briefly orders anywhere you even suspect there might be Germans. Better to waste some bullets on empty dirt than waste troops crossing a field you thought was safe.

In particular, if you could move 3rd Squad/B Team of 2nd Platoon to the edge of the hedgeline that touches the tip of Appetite for Destruction Point, I would greatly appreciate it. Also feel free to move 2nd Squad, 2nd Platoon up somewhat to help out Random with that sound contact.

Weapon Platoon and Company HQ Orders:

4th Platoon HQ is to run FAST back to the mortars, since the Mortar Platoon HQ doesn't have their own radio.

Appetite for Destruction Point is going to become the Company CP. 2nd Squad/A Team and the ammo bearer are going to move Quick to the point I labeled earlier for 3rd Squad/B Team, unless that team takes close fire from the hedge to its NW. If that happens, cancel the movement of the MG and deploy in the treeline along the ridge, facing NE.

XO Team I also want to move up at Quick, taking position in the treeline facing that aforementioned Danger Hedge.

The other MG Team I'll move Quick to support 1st Platoon and their crossing of The River.

A Company HQ should also move Quick to Appetite for Destruction Point, though the same movement cancellation orders for the MG team apply. Place them in the treeline here:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

aphid_licker posted:

A Company, 2nd and 3rd platoons

Alright, we're reorganizing as the frontage we have to cover expands so that everyone stays close to their HQs. Better now than later when we're fully engaged.

Colored lines to indicate the type of move orders i want used, blue=move and purple=hunt.

I kept the lines parallel so they'd be discernible so don't slavishly stick to them, basically I want all guys to be moving inside the treelines so they're not as easy to be observed and then end their movement at the edge of the trees so they can see.

Conditionals for contact: fire upon weaker, similar-strength or out-of-position/moving stronger forces, retreat when clearly outgunned.

I'm not sure who is whose HQ, please HUNT them to the positions indicated in the pictures along a conservative route.

A Company, 2nd platoon

A Company, 3rd platoon

wait wait what no no no this is not what I wanted at all do not do this

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Compared to the rest of our forces, we've been lucky enough to only see extremely light contact thus far. Let's take advantage of that.

First though, an overview:

Given the light German resistance thus far, I want to push into Joshua Trees and begin probing the village defenses from multiple directions.

First Platoon: I want you to fully commit to the eastern half of Joshua Trees, start getting everyone moving. I'll deploy the LMG to provide cover. Ultimately I want each of your fire teams to have eyes on the village and its defenders, preferably from multiple angles.

Second Platoon: Maintain overwatch with your squads on the ridge, while advancing some troops forward into the hedges.

Third Platoon: Change of plans. Move right and into Joshua Trees to gain eyes on the village.

Ideally, by the next turn or the turn after I'd like to have our lines look something like this:

In this scenario, if Joshua Trees is truly abandoned (though that's a dangerous assumption and I wouldn't count on it), I want to start getting our squads into a position where they can threaten the village from multiple angles: First from the East, Second from the west (After a future movement forward), and Third from the South.

If nothing else, we'll begin getting more eyes on the enemy, and hopefully help ease some of the pressure off B company.

Artillery

I want to start harassing the troops in the village with the following bombardment:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Alchenar posted:

1st Bn Update

Reposting this general sitrep and orders update from Discord:

Incidental update on the state of play for @allied-player s (realising I can do this):
A company is staking out positions to observe/dominate/assault the town
B company is launching its assault across the Western Fields and onward onto the Fort.
C company is following up in the wake of B Company (rule of thumb, one hedgerow behind)
D Company and the Tank Platoon are acting in support of B Company.

I'm ready to play the 105 card. We'll need a company level hq deployed to spot (@Acebuckeye13) with good vision into the centre of Crisbecq, and this will be a generous area bombardment of the town and western outskirts, two tubes for maximum duration at a harassment rate of fire.

I'm actually in position already, calling down some 60mm mortars.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
quick and dirty company orders:

Aphid, get third platoon moving quicker to firing positions in Joshua Trees. As it stands they're not going to make it to firing positions for a while, and I want that platoon able to put fire down on the village prono.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

HQ Asset Orders:

Move 1st Team/A Team and accompanying ammo bearers Quick to Joshua Trees:

A Company HQ:

ADJUST the 60mm barrage of the town. Change it to a POINT TARGET centered on the foxholes surrounding the PaK 40.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Men, I have bad news: Not only was Captain Frangible killed bailing out of his tank, but Colonel Alchenar's appendix spontaneously exploded, leaving me in command by din of "being told to"

Fortunately, we're still in a strong position. B Company is giving the germans hell on the front line, A Company is working its way up without much resistance, and C Company will be reaching the front lines to reinforce us in only a short amount of time. Victory will be ours this day, we need only to secure it firmly.

For the time being, we'll be sticking to the established plan - A Company advances on the town, B Company fights it out, and C Company moves to reinforce (Or potentially attack up the middle). Only difference is this: Centurium, please DO NOT move your tanks to attack the Marder. It's an unnecessary risk at this juncture imo, and we need to preserve those tanks for as long as possible. The Marder is already in bazooka range, can be threatened by mortars, and only carries 9 HE rounds, so it is really not my priority right now.

If anyone has any thoughts or comments about how things are going, let me know, and hopefully we'll get this wrapped up without too much further bloodshed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Well, things could be better! But they could be worse. Here's the situation everyone is facing, and what I want them to do:

A Company

With having faced minimal German resistance, A Company now overlooks nearly all of Madonnaville (or whatever the actual name is). As it stands, the level of German resistance on this half of the map appears slight, and we may be able to overrun them with our infantry alone. However, in just 7 minutes we have a 105mm howitzer barrage incoming that should provide enough of a shock and impact to rattle the German defenders and make our assault easier, so for the time being I'm inclined to hold off on a full assault—at least until either the barrage hits, or we can get more lines of sight into the town and its defenders. To that end, Random, I want you to finish your movement, stretch out to the tip of Joshua tree. Aphid, advance the rest of your platoon up to the new hedge line, and send at least some of them to the next one. They may be needed very soon to help relieve the pressure off B Company.

A Company assets are to remain where they are for the time being.

B Company

Your situation isn't great. Not terrible, granted, but certainly not great. Both 1st and 2nd platoon are pinned down, though outside of 1st Squad, 2nd platoon losses aren't awful. 3rd platoon meanwhile is fairly intact with only a handful of casualties, but appears to be engaged in a firefight with (At present) unseen enemies on the patch of woods to their east. However, help is on the way: Our mortar strike will be landing in mere moments, which should suppress a good number of those German MGs and give our troops some time to recover. C Company should also hopefully be there soon-ish, providing fresh troops with which to smash the Germans. For the time being, your job is simple: Try and survive, and hold the line.

(Also there's a straggler from 1st Platoon still hanging around LatwPIAT's HMGs, you should probably get them back up to the line at some point)

C Company

We need you now, and we need you quick. Random, I'd like you to plot a plan of attack to strike at the Germans and take the fort through the gap between A Company and B Company. Also get your mortars deployed-I want every tube at our disposal to be laying down fire missions to help B Company. Finally, I want your troops to get into the fight as soon as possible-try shifting to alternating MOVE and QUICK orders to delay fatigue while still getting them to their jumping-off point.

D Company

LatwPIAT, good work with those HMGs. We can coordinate more on the discord, but there's actually some good work the HMGs can do right now-several of them can see the Marder, and others can see a German MG position anchoring their flank. This turn, I want every HMG that can see an enemy to open up on them—and I want every HMG that can't to move up and take positions along our far western flank, either at the end of RunDMTrees or along the Faelyn line you identified.

Also shoot an HMG or two over to A Company, we could use always use more fire support at Appetite for Destruction Point or in Joshua Trees. There's an HMG waaaaay back guarding the 81mm mortars that would be a good candidate for this. I'm also assigning you the Jeep currently transporting the Shore Fire Control Party to facilitate this, or whatever other MG movements you deem necessary.

Tanks

The good news is you gave what you got. The bad news is, there's still one coming. Fortunately, there's a chance the incoming mortar barrage may disrupt it, and I'm also assigning LatwPIAT to put some HMG fire on them. Might not do much more than rattle them, but that's all we need.

With regards to how to proceed, the choice is yours. Your priority is to preserve your armor, which means keeping it away from all those Germans from Panzershrecks, but also trying to both destroy the Marder and support B Company. These goals may be mutually exclusive, but it is your job to determine how to use our remaining tank. If you want more specific orders or advice, feel free to ping me with a screenshot. As it stands, however, be aware that the Marder is very much looking in your general direction, and based on how spotting works in this system he may very well see and kill you before your tank even has a chance to respond. But, same goes for our vehicle. Will moving help? Will moving hurt? Who knows! ~that's combat mission!~

Alright, think that's everybody and everything. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to let me know. I have an open door policy.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 31, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
As asked for in the discord, posted here for easy reference:

B Company Overview:

B Company Command: 6 OK, 2 KIA

1st Platoon:

HQ: 2 OK

1st Squad: 6 OK, 6 KIA

2nd Squad: 10 OK, 2 KIA

3rd Squad: 10 OK, 2 KIA

2nd Platoon:

HQ: 2 OK, 1 KIA

1st Squad: 5 OK, 7 KIA

2nd Squad: 9 OK, 3 KIA

3rd Squad: 8 OK, 4 KIA

3rd Platoon:

HQ: 3 OK

1st Squad: 9 OK, 2 KIA

2nd Squad: 6 OK, 2 KIA

3rd Squad: 12 OK

4th Platoon:

HQ: 5 OK, 1 KIA

Mortar Section: 12 OK, 5 KIA

MG Section: 9 OK, 3 KIA

CASUALTY TOTAL: 114 OK, 40 KIA

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
D Company Overview

This one will be a little different-I want to focus on the HMGs, what they can see, and what they can't.

1st Platoon:

1st Section HQ exchanged some fire with a distant German MG, taking one casualty in the last turn. Currently shaken and won't accept orders.

First gun and ammo bearer is currently hidden away in the second floor of a house in the starting area. Can't see anything useful from where he is.

2nd Section HQ cannot see or target anything useful from where they are positioned.

Gunner is cowering and apparently can't draw LoS to the distant German MG, though that may be because he's cowering. Possibly worth relocating in any case.

2nd Platoon:

Gun is in a good position and can see both the far western German MG and the Marder. However, they are nearly pinned from the incoming MG fire.

Same situation as the previous gun, except the gun isn't deployed (because they're all pinned and just arrived at the position)

2nd Section HQ is still moving, but should have roughly similar lines of sight to the last two guns when it arrives.

Last gun is still moving up, already Fatigued and may be exhausted by the time they arrive. Can see the Marder from where they are. May be worth dropping where they are or scooting back into the treeline instead of dashing all the way to the forward hedge.

Now, your opposition:

These guys have been giving you a very hard time the past turn, and will make it harder to move up any other guns in the west. Definitely worth shooting a target order or two in his direction to keep him pinned down.

There's also some riflemen! I don't think they've been doing, like, a huge amount but worth noting they do exist.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

At last, our long national nightmare of German armored supremacy has concluded. Both Marders and all three AT guns lay as smoking wrecks, while we still have one proud Detroit-built Sherman on the field. This will be immensely important in the minutes to come.

A Company Orders:

At this point, much of our company has made contact with the enemy, so your job is to fight it out on the line and keep them occupied. Advance your units to where they can put fire on known German positions, but don't move any further than that.

B Company

You're still very much in the thick of it. 1st and 2nd Platoon are very much fighting ineffective, though 3rd Platoon is still a fighting force. Do anything you can to continue slugging it out with the Germans, get the 1st Platoon stragglers back up to the line, and see if there's any way you can bring a mortar strike onto their trench line.

C Company

1st Platoon has reached the jumping-off point, while 2nd isn't far behind. Get your troops organized and begin the assault. Make sure to use liberal use of Assault Commands, those are very helpful in closing to contact and establishing firing positions. Don't forget as well to get your MGs and Mortars deployed and ready to assist (Those MGs might be particularly helpful up on the line with B Company). This won't be easy, so above all: Be careful.

D Company

Bring up more of your MGs, and make sure to put down target orders where you can to help relieve B Company.

Tank

With the Marder knocked out, we have a lot more freedom to maneuver. Still, be careful-last thing we need is to have survived all that just for a Panzerscheck to take out our last tank. Get the vehicle to a position where it can put fire on the German positions, and give B Company some help.

Note to Tank and C Company: The Germans have re-occupied the right bunker. Make sure to get some target orders on it and force them out again, as it'll be a massive obstacle for C Company to overcome if not dealt with immediately.

As always, questions, comments, concerns, ping me on Discord, and I'll get you screenshots and unit info if able.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

General advice, people: When closing to contact, use HUNT orders or ASSAULT orders when possible, depending on the situation.

PROVISIONAL TANK ORDERS

Tank is to move QUICK to the line at RunDMTrees, and TARGET BRIEFLY visible sections of the trenches. Should any anti-tank teams be spotted during the turn, target the motherfuckers. At the end of the second minute, REVERSE out of line of sight.

A Company Weapons

A Company LMG is to move QUICK about twenty feet to the right to put down fire on suspected German positions.

The other gun is to move QUICK up to the forward line and Deploy. Target any positions that German fire is coming from.

While we're at it, move the Machine Gun HQ currently back by the mortars up to join them.

A Company Command

XO Team and HQ Support Team (Back by the mortars) are to move Quick to C Company's staging line and Target the occupied German bunker.

A Company Command is to move up with the LMG team.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

First things first: The Germans have reinforcements. At least two Panzer IVs have driven onto the battlefield. I'm not going to lie: This is a game changer. If we can't take those Panzers out, we'll face tremendous difficulties in taking and holding the objectives. And unfortunately, command has informed me that no help is coming—if we want to take those bastards out, we'll have to do it with the resources already at our disposal.

A Company

The first rounds of the 105mm bombardment are beginning to fall. Sit tight, let the bombardment hit, and begin thinking about how we want to hit the town in the aftermath. Also make sure to target every possible German position—we need to cover C Company as much as possible.

B Company

Keep fighting. The worst has passed, and though you've taken heavy casualties, many of your units are back in fighting shape—or at least, something resembling it. Get all your troops back up to the line, try and spread them out, and make sure you're putting as much fire on those German trenches as possible. LazyQ, make sure as well to get Glynn to give those mortars target orders—all three of them are now deployed, and two of them can fire directly into the German trenches.

Also: get your bazookas ready. We're going to need them soon.

C Company

This is the time and the moment. Get your troops on the line and into action—we need to put as much pressure on the Germans as possible. I want 3rd Platoon moving to take those hedges near Thriller Forest, and 1st and 2nd Platoon moving to take the bunkers and finally storm the trenches. A Company will try and suppress any German forces in the village. Make contingency plans for how to deal with the tanks. Godspeed.

D Company

Excellent bombardment, you really kicked the poo poo out of the Germans. Look for more targets, and give me plans for more artillery bombardments and/or smoke cover to keep those tubes hot. Keep those HMGs firing, and keep moving them to support 3/C's advance on our left.

Tank

A 2v1 tank fight is not an easy thing to win, but we've got a big advantage: Bazookas. If the Germans want to approach, that means getting in bazooka range, and the defender has the advantage in a tank fight. Of course, this still won't be easy—especially if they hang back with their armor and start playing defensive. If that happens, we may have to move offensively, but for now try and stay on the defensive, and make it as hard as possible for the Germans to knock you out.

As always, for questions, comments, LoS checks, etc, feel free to ping me on the discord.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Quick and Dirty orders:

-Send a Pioneer team at QUICK to blast a hole in the hedgerows to let 3/B and 1/C access to the bunkers

-Keep the A Company MGs firing on German positions. In particular:

Also make sure to move the MG's ammo bearer so he doesn't run out of ammunition.

-Get the Tank HQ crew up to the B Company line near the tank. Maybe they can stand next to it shouting encouraging slogans they can help un-rattle it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Good news for us: We have eyes on both their tanks, and neither of them appear to be moving aggressively. That could change, of course—not too long ago they tried hitting our Shermans in a pincer movement with their Marders, but fortunately a similar 2-1 trade would favor us pretty heavily. So for now, our objective is to move to cover any potential movements by their tanks, surround them, and finish them (And Fort Duran) off for good.

A Company Orders

I believe opposition in the village to be relatively slight, and with the artillery bombardment coming down (And the tanks distracted for the moment), we should move rapidly to clear Maddonaviile (Or crisbaguette or whatever its name is). Random, I want 1st Platoon to start approaching the town, advancing into positions along the hedges to the east. See what kind of opposition you take—if I'm right, we may be able to roll over the survivors. Aphid, I want 3rd Platoon to get into 1st Platoon's positions and provide covering fire if necessary. 2nd Platoon can stay where it is, and also provide covering fire.

A Company MGs are to target German positions in the town. Spread those bullets far and wide.

B Company Orders

Enemy tanks on station change up the plan somewhat. Your primary job is to hold the line, but I need those bazookas in place to do some damage. I also want what's left of 1st Platoon to cross the road and link up with 3rd Platoon, C Company for a task I am designating MISSION JACKSON, which I will describe separately.

To help get the bazookas up and to provide access to the trenches, I will be tasking a Pioneer section to you to help blast holes in the hedgerows. LazyQ, they'll now be under your direct command, so be careful with them.

MISSION JACKSON

With the mortar strike now concluding, we've blasted a large hold in the German lines, one I wish to exploit. I am thus tasking 1st Platoon, B Company and 3rd Platoon, C Company to cross Route U2 and clear Thriller Forest, establishing positions on the edge of the forest that can fire into Fort Duran. These positions should allow us not only to put effective fire into the surviving German defenders, but also flanking AT shots into the sides or rear of the German Panzers.

Thriller Forest and Fort Duran with trees turned off

This plan does carry with it some risk, as German defenders may have pulled back into the northern end of the forest, and could oppose this movement. But those defenders are also likely shaken and demoralized, and may not be able to withstand the force of (roughly) a platoon and a half of infantry. And if nothing else, it will continue putting significant pressure on the Germans from all sides.

C Company

Continue your advance, though with additional caution. Try and get bazookas in place where they may get shots on the Panzers (If not now, then when/if the Panzers move to threaten our remaining Sherman), and clear out any remaining German infantry. This especially includes that MG to the northeast of 1/C, he's a significant threat to our freedom of movement and I want him d e a d.

D Company

Good work on overwatch. Not much else to add but make sure that MG that's in the jeep gets deployed, ping me on Discord but I think there's a few good places they could get deposited. Also, see if you can task an MG to MISSION JACKSON and have it run over with 1/B and 3/C.

Tank

Right now it's a waiting game. They probably won't get too crazy with their Panzer IVs, but we can't know that for certain. Remain wary and go on a TARGET ARMOR ARC. Depending on how the turn shakes out, there may be an opportunity to drive forward and put some 75mm HE into the side of one of their tanks, so I want some orders for that contingency—especially if one of their tanks ends up in a place where we can exploit LoS to make it a 1v1 matchup.

edit: Oh yeah and Artillery, cancel the 105 bombardment once 1/A gets too close.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 11, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Sorry, meant to put up orders earlier! Might go more detailed later, but in general plans remain the same: A Company takes the village, B holds, C advances where it can, D supports, Tank works to pick someone off if possible, and 1/B and 3/C works their way though the forest.

Main thing to add is Random, I need your platoon to advance, I want 1/A physically in the village by the end of the turn. I'll give you as much MG cover as I can, but you need to get your troops moving and putting out fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Turns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3EoniJmxFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5FaC1TuBLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56Hzsdzrf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9L6T3jUh64

Unfortunately Saros had to head out after these turns, so we won't see the ~thrilling conclusion~ until tomorrow. Apologies for my omnipresent laptop fan ruining my audio, and for recording these in too-low quality. Hopefully it doesn't spoil things too much.