Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

alright, let's go team good guys. haven't been able to watch the videos yet but I'd like a lowest level position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

is that darker area in aphidlicker's map the deployment zone? if so, i'll need to start near the houses. i drew up an incredibly detailed plan:

Third draft of Orders, 1st platoon, B company

third try:

I'll plagiarize the plan posted just above on general format:

ALL Squads are to SPLIT and send one fire team ahead as scouts.

1st Squad is to deploy at the southern red line, and MOVE to the next red line, then the next. one fire team should precede the other, with the second providing fire support.
2nd Squad is to deploy at the southern blue line, and MOVE to the northern blue line. one fire team should precede the other, with the second providing fire support. after reaching the final blue line, provide fire support to 1st and 3rd squads.
3rd Squad is to deploy at the southern black line, and MOVE to the northern black line. one fire team should precede the other, with the second providing fire support.
Platoon HQ is to deploy behind 2nd Squad and follow them at a safe distance.

sorry for how squiggly the lines are. i'm attempting to stay behind elevation while moving and occupy elevated areas at the end of my movements, as pointed out by centurion. the squads should reach their positions in order of 3rd-2nd-1st, with scouts for each movement. if we make contact i assume the turn ends and we get a chance to give more orders.

i believe we have an hour to discuss this.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 7, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

so, my 3rd squad got shot at, but it's the westernmost of them, 1st squad, that seem to be in the most danger, the ones who will be walking into range of that bunker soon. do we still need to advance or should i change orders?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

phone posting... B coy 1st platoon orders. the westernmost troops on the map.

westernmost squad: advance/retreat to the Dorothy line on PIATs map. hide and await support.
Central squad: stay where you are.
easternmost squad: retreat, crawling, to the closest available reverse slope. hide and await support.

sorry the orders are lovely... I might have a chance to look at this in an hour but maybe not. work.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

sorry i've been unresponsive the last few turns. here are my initial thoughts on movements:

just realized i forgot to put 1st Pltn on this banner, it really is the worst banner ever

RED squad: stop hiding, start shooting.

BLUE squad: MOVE to the next fence, deploy ready to shoot at enemies.

BLACK squad: SOLID ARROW: MOVE to the next hedge, deploy ready to shoot

the BLACK DASHED ARROW indicates a possible move for a fire team, after the rest of BLACK and BLUE deploy to cover them. do people think this is too ambitious/unnecessary at this time? I gather yes. let the tanks do their business for a few minutes. orders and map edited thusly

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 16, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

LazyQ posted:

B Company
1st Platoon, with the tanks retreating you're pretty much stuck. Hide if you must, shoot and suppress germans if you can.

well that's not too hard.

stay in your current positions. if you can see the enemy, shoot the enemy. if you can't see the enemy, commence area fire on positions of enemy concentration (sound contacts).

image of current and future locations, for reference.

i imagine there's no good chance of moving my backmost men up? considering what happened to the tanks who tried to do that, i suppose there's no reason to overrule my commanding officer.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B company 1st platoon

I don't think first squad is even alive, much less able to regroup. everybody else is at least not under fire, and they're under orders to not advance. I guess I don't have any orders this round!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B Company 1st Platoon Orders

-Black squad offers their services as ammunition bearers to the MG, if they can. otherwise, provide fire support?

-Red and Blue squads QUICK to their jump-off points. at the jump-off points, exercise discretion; if there's substantial enemy coverage of the area, leave a squad behind as fire support. but no matter what, send at least one squad charging against Run DMTrees' westernmost edge.

how's that for orders? we've got time to talk about them, make 'em better

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 24, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Jaguars! posted:

So you want your squads to move to the jump offs at walking pace and then run the second part?

when you put it that way... I do not want that. I'll edit it!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the tattered remnants of 1st pltn B coy are available as ammo bearers for your westmost gun if that's possible, as I've been told it might be

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'm going to make draft orders using the same map as last time, since I think? I still need time to get to the last orders' endpoints.

the main change is to send black squad slightly to the right in an attempt to improve LOS

if I can do this without a new map I'll also add that red and blue squads will assault the reverse slope area to the left of the fort when they gave reached their final positions. if enemy resistance continues, split off a third of a squad each to provide fire support.

any glaring errors? if you don't see any at first, look again, I bet they're there!

(I can draw a new map if needed by the deadline, I'm just hoping to be lazy)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I'll fix that later. these are the things I don't pick up on, I promise I watch the videos

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Alchenar posted:

For some reason you have your left hand squads ignoring the cover of the treeline and charging straight at the mg42 that's spraying you now. If you just arc right you'll have a completely clear run up.

edited to be orders

B company, 1st platoon orders

note that red is now advancing with a right-hand sweeping arc to keep rundmtrees between them and the mg42. also note that i'm ordering the far left shattered squad near the MG to move to the right, as i'm told it will possibly help LOS. the rightmost squad is advancing as well. all quick.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 27, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

1st platoon B company draft orders

stragglers in red: get to the run DMTrees line, QUICK if possible.

smoke along the grey line. do i need to be more specific? the spot where something big shot at my guys at the end of the 3rd minute would be a good place to start.

how should i refine this?

edited to be orders

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 30, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

lazyq, glynn, is there anything to add for first platoon b company? aside from telling those guys waaaay in the back to move out? it seems like the platoon's only going to make the orders happen if they can get unpinned

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B coy 1 pltn

get the stragglers up to the line and pop that drat smoke already

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

first platoon might need a rest, yeah. I'm having a hard time grasping what's visible on that reverse slope behind run dmtrees, but I can order them to fire on anyone they can see each let glynn sort it out

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the one thing I will add in terms of orders is that, while you're resting, b coy 1 pltn should spread out so they're not so lumped together. if it's not too late

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

B Coy 1st Pltn Orders - now with edits

follow the one grand sweeping arrow and hold a front roughly equivalent to the red line. everybody goes around the hedge

chaaaaarge let's get just a little more specific

the troops should get from the hedge to the forest as quickly as they can. that's the priority. if possible, though, it would be great to keep them rested enough to function afterwards. overall speed can be sacrificed for that - maybe the rearmost units should go slow before leaving the hedge? only if necessary. spread out to the degree you can.

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

LazyQ posted:

B Company
1st Platoon: move through Thriller Forest and attack the fort with Charlie. Once we have taken control of the fort provide security for the pioneers and be ready to provide support for the attack on village.

I could draw arrows for this, but I'd rather leave it up to the inputter at this point. good luck to the pixelmen in the final phase of operations