Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Chuka Umana eat a sixer for being a huge downer?
This poll is closed.
YES 173 51.95%
no 25 7.51%
Elizabeth Warren 135 40.54%
Total: 333 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Japanese eye
Jun 27, 2018

by Reene

Tetracube posted:

if I saw Warren irl I don't think I would be able to resist the urge to beat her to death with my bare hands.

what an utterly despicable excuse for a human being. I hope she dies in the most excruciatingly painful way imaginable and then rots in hell for all eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Yesterday was bernies big states to win, going forward it's easier for biden. Bernie has no chance in florida.

He has a chance in Ohio, Illinois, and Arizona on the same day as Florida, though, and Michigan and Washington before that.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
Is POTUS like for real negging Warren into staying in the race out of spite? That's kind of a lovely thing to do, but also really funny and also really sad.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

was reading about the last time a former NY Mayor ran for Pres and lol

quote:

Giuliani's defeat continued a long tradition of Mayors of New York not succeeding at attempts for higher office.

good job Mike keeping up the faith

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

really queer Christmas posted:

Yesterday was bernies big states to win, going forward it's easier for biden. Bernie has no chance in florida.

We just saw most democratic voters shift their votes over a 48h period and now Joe has to stand in the media spotlight and defend his record of social security and Medicare cuts on top of his obvious dementia.

It's a two person race and the other guy sucks.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
There is a chance that Biden's surge is part of the boom-bust cycle that happens to non-frontrunners in primaries. It's possible that increased scrutiny on Biden and/or Warren dropping out when her war chest runs dry will shift the race in Bernie's favor and he'll get still plurality. But either way, right now, we're being forced to consider what we would do in a Bernieless future, so this is a good time to remind everyone of something.

When Bernie says "not me, us," that's not an empty statement like most politicians' slogans. He really means it. Even if he gets eight years in the White House, that's the beginning of our work, not the end. If this movement didn't outlive him, what would be the point? What he wants you to do, when the time comes, is to channel his legendary compassion and dedication into yourself. Keep fighting for what's right all the way into your seventies and beyond, like he did.

Our movement is the one that's gonna win in the end. We're more powerful now than we were in 2016, and we'll be more powerful in 2024 than we are now. It's because we've got the young people, the future, and they've got olds who aren't long for this dumbass world. It's because what we're saying is the truth, and everyone whose brain isn't poisoned by lead, cable news, or financial incentives can see it. It's because when there's a setback you and I might get too drunk, or post "nothing matters," or go troll in D&D out of spite and get probated, but we'll never stop working toward justice and the best possible future we can salvage for our planet, or our children, or just our old rear end selves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

back to the primaries thread folks