Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

AllisonByProxy posted:

AUS Season 2 Episode 7 chat:

I'm just going to say that I thought the Gameboy was better a build than the Poloroid camera. They were told to replicate all the functions and I was sure Brickman would ding the girls for not making the front flap flip up and down but he didn't even mention it.

Still loving this show.

The whole unexpected elimination + buildoff to stay on the show really felt like they wanted to ditch the two women but just couldn't quite justify it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I'm enjoying this season (Aus) but many of the builds feel a little underwhelming compared to last year. The most recent ep with the city blocks was this years version of the time travelling train from last year, but due to the reduced time they just felt a lot more basic and unpolished.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The correct winner that reinforces that minifig builds are the superior builds. Did notice they didn't tell us the vote results though, which makes me think that brickmans vote changed the result.

100 votes for one person when there are 250 other votes makes the whole people off the street voting thing kinda pointless. You could have an extreme situation where the results were 20/115/115 and the Brickman vote would still make the first one win.

Chairchucker posted:

Hamish is a frequent guest on our panel show kinda things, like Spicks and Specks and Thank God You're Here. He's one of my favourites on TGYH because it's a somewhat contrived show that stifles participants' attempts to improvise, and he tends to break the script a little bit. He's pretty much the perfect fit for this show, and I think Brickman is a pretty good straight man to Hamish's antics, as well.

Agreed, but you're showing your age since TGYH has been off the air for 11 years now. :D

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jackson and Alex came up a few times in the IG comments, people say they have a big exhibition in the works at the moment. So a shame they’re not there, but for a great reason at least. Maybe they’ll swing by for an episode?

Yeah they have a big exhibition which is on at a local museum. I'm gonna have to take an afternoon off work and walk down to it.

Also loving hell that finale build was astounding. I loved how both this one and the castle/drawbridge/Dragon one had Brickman doing his best to dissuade them from it because he thought it would fail, only to be gobsmacked when they manage to pull it off.

And yes, Hamish is a national treasure.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tea Bone posted:

God I hope this is really the case?

My wife and I became fans of Hamish and Andy after watching Lego masters and tracked down everything they've done but have always had a worrying suspicion that they're regarded like the Australian version Ant and Dec in their home land

They're both popular, but on an individual level Hamish more so.

It helps that their reputation for being nice dudes seems upheld by tons of people.

I've just started listening to Hamish's podcast on being a dad where he interviews other dads and up to now it's so dang wholesome.

Senor Tron fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I've not watched any other countries Lego Masters, but the American contestants definitely had that American reality TV persona. That said, I'm sure they're playing it up a bit in the editing.

I'm curious how they will avoid perceptions of it being rigged, be funny if all the Aus teams leave first.