Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I helped a group of girls get a picture when he was speaking. I tried the upward low camera and then the I am taller than you camera.

They picked the one with their heads in it and not Biden's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Ooof - I think Biden wins Virginia, so maybe 214 / 324. Cool.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
this one made me laugh.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
if Bernie is so good why can't he beat a pedophile sex pest lich. huh

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I made a poo poo thread for a poo poo candidate.

You don't actually support Biden, you end up with Biden.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1235046081156616192

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Real hurthling! posted:

pokemon joe to the polls

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Good luck at the next debate Joe. If you remember to show up.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Checked out Biden's health care plan on his site

quote:

Increasing the value of tax credits to lower premiums and extend coverage to more working Americans. Today, families that make between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level may receive a tax credit to reduce how much they have to pay for health insurance on the individual marketplace. The dollar amount of the financial assistance is calculated to ensure each family does not have to pay more than a certain percentage of their income on a silver (medium generosity) plan.

Great policymaking you senile gently caress

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jewel Repetition posted:

What does this even mean

At the end of the year if you understand tax code and you’re poor you might be able to write something off?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

What does this even mean

At the end of the year if you understand tax code and you’re poor you might be able to write something off?

Yes, as long as you're on a Silver Plan (Medium Generosity)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jewel Repetition posted:

Yes, as long as you're on a Silver Plan (Medium Generosity)

Isn’t that plan like $2300 a month? lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Toxic Mental posted:

What does this even mean

The people in the bracket he mentioned aren't even paying tax right now! Even if they did, there's no way they itemize! It's awful policy written by the most cynical lobbyists in Washington

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I think this thread's title has got it right.

Vote Biden if you have to, not because you like it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

No one has to

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I tried googling "progressive positions Biden" yesterday and I got a bunch of articles on how "actually Biden is the only true progressive because 60 years ago the word had a different meaning" but none of the articles had a single example??

That's my Biden story.

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

Jewel Repetition posted:

lmao "medium generosity"

what a perfect encapsulation of means tested garbage policy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

His healthcare page also brags about how if his plan is enacted, nearly 97% of people will have insurance!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Grandpa telling a really long, confusing, rambling story, but at the end you realize it was just him describing how tax credits will work in his health care plan

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Jewel Repetition posted:

His healthcare page also brags about how if his plan is enacted, nearly 97% of people will have insurance!

If his plan is enacted, he can kiss 97% of my rear end in a top hat.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jewel Repetition posted:

quote:

Increasing the value of tax credits to lower premiums and extend coverage to more working Americans. Today, families that make between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level may receive a tax credit to reduce how much they have to pay for health insurance on the individual marketplace. The dollar amount of the financial assistance is calculated to ensure each family does not have to pay more than a certain percentage of their income on a silver (medium generosity) plan.

good god that's even worse than i thought it was

his healthcare plan is literally that he has no healthcare plan

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dance Officer posted:

he's actually worse than Trump

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Man, can you imagine if there was a plan that could get people covered 100%, and instead of the health expenditure income cap being 8.36432% it was 0%, and you could explain it in a single sentence? Oh well, nothing like that could possibly exist

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

Jewel Repetition posted:

what a shame 3% of people are just too poor to live. we cant do better than medium generosity im so sorry

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I will vote for Joe Biden to confuse Pine-Sol for his morning piss chug and die from it. Unless the piss chugs make him immune to ammonia in which case I don't know he has a stroke.

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Toxic Mental posted:

Isn’t that plan like $2300 a month? lol

If you don't get sick, yes

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Ok so his health plan is bad, but what is his plan for student debt? It's got to be good right?????

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CongoJack posted:

Ok so his health plan is bad, but what is his plan for student debt? It's got to be good right?????

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

CongoJack posted:

It's literally this:

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

*walks into social services offices* hi i'm too poor to afford healthcare please help

sure thing! *slams 20 page form on desk* just fill this out and bring us proof of citizenship, residency, employment, and your w-2s for the past 5 years. we already have all this information but we also need you to do this so we can try to catch you in any kind of technicality that might allow us to deny your application.

Semisomnum has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Mar 4, 2020

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

CongoJack posted:

Biden doesn't support cancelling student debt or free college (except community college, and only for the first two years, and only if your state's governor says it's okay). He does support Public Service Loan Forgiveness, the program that's so bureaucratic and strictly means-tested only 1% of its participants actually have a student loan reduction. But he'll make it easier by adding a new program where some of your loans are forgiven for military service! And he'll also forget your student loans if you go bankrupt! Wow!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Here's a thread that might interest you after reading my previous post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916038

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Make Colorado, NH, Nevada and Oregon red and that's about right

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1182461026010308610?s=20
grandpa what the gently caress are you talking about

WarMonger
Jun 13, 2001

Dolphin posted:

he's actually worse than Trump

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Jewel Repetition posted:

Man, can you imagine if there was a plan that could get people covered 100%, and instead of the health expenditure income cap being 8.36432% it was 0%, and you could explain it in a single sentence? Oh well, nothing like that could possibly exist

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1p9lVmOnzo

whywhywhywhywhy

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think Biden and Trump could be buddies

Ben Nerevarine