Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Sad Billionaire posted:

you have to first buy it as an avatar, then use the image link as bbcode in a new title

I thought that was only if the gang tag didn’t already exist on the server? I’ve never messed with it, but my understanding was that you could basically link whatever already exists as long as you respect the character limit. So in theory someone could buy NoJoe as an av, then everyone could update their titles. Not that I’m endorsing this obviously dumb idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Loucks posted:

I thought that was only if the gang tag didn’t already exist on the server? I’ve never messed with it, but my understanding was that you could basically link whatever already exists as long as you respect the character limit. So in theory someone could buy NoJoe as an av, then everyone could update their titles. Not that I’m endorsing this obviously dumb idea.

ah yeah it has to be an image on somethingawful's server already. if it exists you just need the link.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Loucks posted:

I agree. Joe Biden is a good man, and any discussion of him forcibly penetrating women without their consent is divisive. It is important to look forward, not back. I for one am enthusiastic about the most progressive administration in history reaching across the aisle to build back better and save the soul of America from the existential threat of Donald J Drumpf. :patriot:

Shut up dude. I wasn't saying people should stop criticizing Joe Biden. They should be doing that more now than ever. I was saying they should stop being babies about a politics joke being played on them in the forum for politics jokes

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
But the tankie tag looks so suave...

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Jewel Repetition posted:

Shut up dude. I wasn't saying people should stop criticizing Joe Biden. They should be doing that more now than ever. I was saying they should stop being babies about a politics joke being played on them in the forum for politics jokes

Who the gently caress are you

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Happy Thread posted:

A NoJoe, you?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Thread posted:

He's right

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
So if I right click on Taint's gangtag and copy the link and put that in the title thats all I need to do? I don't mind giving jeff (checks constantly worsening exchange rate) forty loving monopoly dollars.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

please and thanks

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Zedhe Khoja posted:

So if I right click on Taint's gangtag and copy the link and put that in the title thats all I need to do? I don't mind giving jeff (checks constantly worsening exchange rate) forty loving monopoly dollars.

use [img] tags

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Peanut President posted:

please and thanks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I thought about that but I figured HOE works because JOE and also Hoe's for Ho(wie)

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Fly Molo posted:

yes because the mods are lazy and Jeffrey only changes things for free to stan for rapists

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

For gently caress's sake don't give that piece of poo poo your money.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forums are done getting my money

sig by Heather Papps

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
also yeah I'm absolutely not buying anything but if a mod wanted to be so kind...

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Tankie tag best tag, but

Brownhat posted:

For gently caress's sake don't give that piece of poo poo your money.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

They'll probably change the tag back eventually (or maybe get rid of it) so yeah you don't need to worry about spending money to remove it

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
im not up to date forums metadrama
what'd jeff do besides succ

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
I don't mind giving money to keep SA going, but i would appreciate not having to pay to get the rapist tag removed. SteelJoe please.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Zedhe Khoja posted:

im not up to date forums metadrama
what'd jeff do besides succ

Nothing I'm aware of. Also he himself is a NoJoe

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Love how the pacifists moved the goalposts from "they're changing it back tomorrow" to "hopefully eventually"

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Jeff unperma'd mod Jack Daniels, letting them in through the backdoor after the community ran Jack off for constant racist and transphobic posts in FYAD and organizing thread invasions. Jeff also reopened FYAD this summer without announcing it at all

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Quoting this so I can find it later.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Also noteworthy that he's taking orders over discord from FYAD star Arfjason to own da (non) libs

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Happy Thread posted:

Also noteworthy that he's taking orders over discord from Arfjason to own da (non) libs

The perfidious Arf

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

hmm yes but what about all the rape victims who voted for Joe Biden anyway did you think about how this post would make them feel, you monster

ImpAtom using that reasoning against me during my QCS meltdown kind of shook me out of it. What do you even say to that?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The "of YOSPOS" part of his name was supposedly put in as a FYAD in joke originally

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

MonsieurChoc posted:

ImpAtom using that reasoning against me during my QCS meltdown kind of shook me out of it. What do you even say to that?

Abuse victims have codependency issues all the time, Stockholm syndrome might not be real but it's a common enough shorthand for it. Victims often turn that into becoming abusers themselves, it's got a name, the cycle of abuse. Doesn't make it ok

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I wanted to refute that, but I hate posting around the forums how I was sexually abused repeatedly, because people like Pick use it as a form of an attack, or basically say my opinion is irrelevant because I don't agree with them. It's exhausting.

Like to prove a point in DND, I posted a fact, backed it up with multiple articles, people then go "Well I disagree" and don't post anything academic to disagree with it. Just "Yeah I dunno, doesn't shake out," and this can be about literally anything, because even though it's a debate forum, they don't need sources and citation to post lovely opinions, and when you do make the effort it's ignored out of hand with their own common preconceptions. It's infuriating.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

^^^not this

This is a gross as gently caress conversation

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
no handouts in biden's america

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How about a HEEHO tag instead? Everyone loves Jack Frost.

Happy Thread posted:

Abuse victims have codependency issues all the time, Stockholm syndrome might not be real but it's a common enough shorthand for it. Victims often turn that into becoming abusers themselves, it's got a name, the cycle of abuse. Doesn't make it ok

I don't wanna judge ImpAtom, they're a good poster (usually) and I think the pain they describe is real.

But the dems DID destroy metoo for a rapist, I'm not making that up!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is a gross as gently caress conversation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

yeah

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
the funniest thing about the tag debacle is that i learned that there's a discord to talk about the forums when you're not on the forums for people that just can't get enough forums and that arfjason is on it lmao

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the funniest thing about the tag debacle is that i learned that there's a discord to talk about the forums when you're not on the forums for people that just can't get enough forums and that arfjason is on it lmao

lmao don’t talk too much about it, they might ban you for talking about ‘off-site drama’ :jerkbag:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Imagine using valuable sexhaving time to DM the admins on this site so that QCS posters will clap lol

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
lmao if you're not on 30 different discords all that had splintered off when Lowtax was revealed. There are way more of them than you think.

Also I wish there was no off-site drama rules, discord drama is the best drama.

E: I talk to Jeff on discord. It's not that weird to be on different discords for games and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

D&D can suck my D and D