Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the best dunkin donuts are the chocolate cake and blueberry cake donuts. the blueberry ones were my favorite as a kid and I still love those fake blueberry bits

The color comes from powdered beet juice but the blueberry bits are real. It’s just chopped dedicated blueberry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dessicated

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Wormskull posted:

I think that’s cuz noobs buy ESL chocolate instead of EQD which isn’t as much of a pain in the rear end to get right.

What's the difference? Is that why they all have kind of a weird almost-alcohol taste to them?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ESL lasts longer on the shelf by about 12 hours for a reason I’m not entirely sure of besides whatever preservatives end up in it. And probably for the same reason you have to be really specific when making it and probably want the finer control of a manual despositor. But maybe it’s just a volume or cross contamination thing if it’s not about quality control.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
boston creme > all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m a apple fritter main myself.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually I just checked and the blueberries are made of corn. They changed the recipe recently. My bad.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Told Dunkies to suck it and patronized Marylou's this morning, true regional heroes.
It'd be nice if they had better baked goods though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wormskull posted:

I’m a apple fritter main myself.

There is a donut shop near my brother's house that is literally just called Apple Fritter. The apple fritter is pretty good, among other things.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your avatar would be a cool apple fritter.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

HerniaFlange posted:

Told Dunkies to suck it and patronized Marylou's this morning, true regional heroes.
It'd be nice if they had better baked goods though.

Marylou's is good but soooo drat sweet. Still haven't perfected my order there so I usually stick with extremely reliable Dunkin.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

DessertStorm posted:

Marylou's is good but soooo drat sweet. Still haven't perfected my order there so I usually stick with extremely reliable Dunkin.

Oh god yeah, they basically hand you a liquid dessert if you don't know what you like yet. I usually get an Almond Joy (basically the coconut-flavored coffee with a scoop of Swiss Miss added) and you have to get it "black" for lack of a better word or else they'll add cream and sugar to something that already has a fair amount. Coffee's better than Dunkie's still.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I like basic as hell Dunkin iced coffee and I cannot lie.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dunking coffee is the only kind I regularly drink black.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I neglected to tell the thread that I recently bought a Boston creme donut from DD that didn't have any creme. It was weird but tasty -- a chocolate frosted donut patty.

Wormskull posted:

Dunking coffee is the only kind I regularly drink black.

When I was training for a Starbucks job, they had us blind-taste-test Starbucks vs. DD coffee, and literally everyone preferred DD.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

DessertStorm posted:

Honey Dew Donuts has great breakfast sandwiches, cant do DD's sandwiches. I usually do DD for drinks and Honey Dew for breakfast sandwiches.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

:siren: DD is now competing against itself :siren:

----------------

zaepg fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 14, 2020

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm trying to limit myself to three DD trips a week -- Monday for free coffee, Wednesday just 'cause, Friday for a free donut -- and it's so hard because I'm sooooooo lazy, and also wake-up wraps are the easiest portion control in the world. :effort: :btroll:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zaepg posted:

:siren: DD is now competing against itself :siren:

i'm placing my bet that the one on the right will win

they've got the more defensible terrain, and they can ally with the Taco Bell to ward off attacks from the flanks

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm placing my bet that the one on the right will win

they've got the more defensible terrain, and they can ally with the Taco Bell to ward off attacks from the flanks

Its also closer to the titty bar

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
^ I like the way you think

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do people buy Apple Cider donuts where you live. Last year the factory stopped making the mix after a week and a half because it didn’t sell.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

it's a worse version of tim horton's but you gotta love a convenient breakfast sandwich and coffee otw to work

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One of the Halloween donuts is going to be a Spicy Ghost Pepper donut. 😱

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

zaepg posted:

Honey Dew Donuts has great breakfast sandwiches, cant do DD's sandwiches. I usually do DD for drinks and Honey Dew for breakfast sandwiches.

Oh yea, I call this a Hannah Montana- you get the best of both worlds (TM)

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Wormskull posted:

Do people buy Apple Cider donuts where you live. Last year the factory stopped making the mix after a week and a half because it didn’t sell.
I live in Vermont where any apple orchard will make better apple cider donuts than anything DD could dream up. This is why I don't go for DD's junk. :smug:

Wormskull posted:

One of the Halloween donuts is going to be a Spicy Ghost Pepper donut. 😱
:cry: And here's where I do. Make a gimmick, and I'm a loving sucker to try it at least once, like those goddamn "special edition" Lays chips, Oreos, and m&ms.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Just popping in to say that bagel minis are awesome

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Are the DD bacon snack baggies any good? I really want to try one, but I'm afraid people will make fun of me.

----------------

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

I neglected to tell the thread that I recently bought a Boston creme donut from DD that didn't have any creme. It was weird but tasty -- a chocolate frosted donut patty.

Was it substantially different from a standard glazed donut? I would have thought it’d be basically the same.

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zaepg posted:

Are the DD bacon snack baggies any good? I really want to try one, but I'm afraid people will make fun of me.

Your not cut out for fast food dude.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Was it substantially different from a standard glazed donut? I would have thought it’d be basically the same.

If by glaze you mean the transparent sugar then the Boston Kreme doesn’t have that. If you mean the frosting then it’s weird because you expect something in the middle. It also cooks differently due to not being a toroid so there’s more fluffyness.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wormskull posted:

If by glaze you mean the transparent sugar then the Boston Kreme doesn’t have that. If you mean the frosting then it’s weird because you expect something in the middle. It also cooks differently due to not being a toroid so there’s more fluffyness.

Oh, I thought the Boston Kreme was glazed. The actual filling of those donuts grosses me out so I never eat them, just gimme a jelly donut every time.

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The actual filling of those donuts grosses me out so I never eat them, just gimme a jelly donut every time.

I usually tear the donut in half, lick the creme out, and then eat the rest of the donut. It tastes like vanilla pudding. :btroll:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

HerniaFlange posted:

Oh god yeah, they basically hand you a liquid dessert if you don't know what you like yet. I usually get an Almond Joy (basically the coconut-flavored coffee with a scoop of Swiss Miss added) and you have to get it "black" for lack of a better word or else they'll add cream and sugar to something that already has a fair amount. Coffee's better than Dunkie's still.

Have you ever had marylou’s without any of the flavor added? It’s indistinguishable from day old 7-11 coffee. It’s terrible. But if you’re about to slip into a diabetic coma and lost your glucose drink one of their flavored coffees will work.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

YeahTubaMike posted:

also wake-up wraps are the easiest portion control in the world. :effort: :btroll:

I cannot eat a normal sized breakfast. I'm plenty hungry when I wake up, but anything more than snack sized feels like I swallowed a bowling ball for the rest of the morning. At home, I usually do a coffee + a fruit or a coffee + one egg on one buttered toast slice.

The wake-up wraps are the only food item I ever get from Dunkin. They are the perfect size for me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I cannot eat a normal sized breakfast. I'm plenty hungry when I wake up, but anything more than snack sized feels like I swallowed a bowling ball for the rest of the morning. At home, I usually do a coffee + a fruit or a coffee + one egg on one buttered toast slice.

The wake-up wraps are the only food item I ever get from Dunkin. They are the perfect size for me.

If I eat within like an hour of waking up I feel like I’m gonna barf, so I totally get you there. No idea why, it’s just always been that way for me.

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Same here about eating right in the morning except it makes me have to take a fat poo poo that feels rock hard in my rear end but comes out like a huge mess. It was worth it when they had the McSkillet Steak Burrito.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There's a DD on my way home from the gym :smithicide:

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
The bacon snack baggies were a mild disappointment.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

just because i ordered a mocha iced coffee does not mean i want the bottom full of coffee grounds hidden by a thin layer of chocolate "syrup", but that's dunkin for you

at least they have apple cider donuts :woop: