Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Day 1: Huge find today, I think. Major beeps from the MD. Dug a few inches and found some kind of perfect rod, extending downward, of a very shiny, smooth metal. Oddly clean, as soon as I brushed the mud away it was pristine as if it had been washed. I dug down about a foot around it but didn'tg find the bottom, couldn't even make it budge with all my strength. Couldn't get much deeper with a trowel, decided to cover it up and come back tomorrow with a full shovel etc.

Day 2: Strange dreams last night. Anyway I dug down 5 feet on all sides and this thing just keeps going, perfectly straight. Quite a thing to see. Exhausted. Covered with tarp and

Day 3: Troubled dreams last night. Didn't sleep much. Couldn't leave the site so I slept on the ground beside it. Enlisted the help of my neighbor with a truck. He hitched a chain to the thing and pulled. Weird thing is his whole engine blew, even though the chain should have broken long before any damage to the truck. Must have been ready to go. Chain is now stuck badly to the pillar, and has become mysteriously clean, shiny, and smooth.

Day 4: Neighbor and I both slept on the ground next to the tarp, or should I say, we laid awake a while there. Preferable anyway to the dreams I had during my brief moments of sleep. Today we dug down to about 10 foot depth by hand. Many rocks to remove. A few utility lines, ha ha. Still not budging. City officials asked us what we were doing in the park, and when we explained and showed them, they joined our efforts. Guess they're into the hobby too. Nice folks.

Day 8: Sorry didn't write in a while. Hundreds of people from around town now encamped. Hole getting really deep, not sure of depth but ropes and ladders have been erected. At night we hear a strange humming in the sound of each others voices, as if all the other folks are joined in some eerie tune, but nobody fesses up to singing. I know I wasn't humming, how could I with how sore my throat has been the last few days.

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU