Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

boy, am I glad I shelled out for the professional class metal detector. it has completely transformed my early morning/weekend beach visits. once upon a time I was mostly finding bottle caps and loose change. now its a whole new ball game.

just this past weekend I found, buried maybe two feet deep by the boardwalk, a huge metal screw type thingie. thing is, it didn't resemble any screw I'd ever seen before, it was ungodly heavy and had absolutely no rust or tarnish.

that's not the weirdest thing though. this screw thingie actually seemed to move by itself. I know that sounds hard to believe and was almost certainly just the super powerful magnets from my metal detector moving it around. whatever the explanation, it felt like a mexican jumping bean, like it had somewhere to go.

my goal was to take the thing to an appraiser and see if I could get some real cash for it, but wouldn't you know it somebody stole the thing from the back seat of my car. I left it there for just a few minutes so I could grab my starbucks order, and in that short time someone smashed the window and swiped my cool find. the one bright side here is that most of the broken glass landed outside the car, so I didn't have to spend literal hours fishing tiny glass shards out of my carpeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I've found so many genie bottles I don't know what to do with the drat things. genies are assholes anyway, they live to gently caress with you, so I gently caress with them right back. my first wish is always for more wishes, causing them to roll their eyes back and monologue about how I can't do that, I'm not taking this thing seriously, etc etc. I nod, act like I understand, ask some basic questions, then for my second wish I wish for more wishes again.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

here's a weird one: cans of soup. not old empty cans, newish unexpired full cans of soup buried inexplicably deep. they taste fine and my food costs have gone way down, but seriously, who the gently caress is burying all this soup under every drat beach I visit, and why do they like campbell's chicken and stars so much? actually that last one is easy to explain, it's obviously the best soup.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

As a wise man once said, metal detectors combine the two greatest American qualities: Garbage and luck.

:hmmyes: with a bit of unfounded techno-optimism thrown in

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

metal detector enthusiast at the nude beach who always seems to find something right by the attractive people. "holy crap, a gold doubloon, that's amazing!"

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

aaa too many good posts to emptyquote

ty nesamdoom!