Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
been testing negative since thursday, so i gotta go into work tomorrow. my cat's gonna really miss the all-day hangouts and cuddles.

i still have this weird taste in my mouth even though i finished my paxlovid on friday. my mouth always tastes metallic and rancid, like i'm sucking on some nickels that had been coated in spoiled lard. just a really unpleasant flavor. cinnamon gum seems to overpower it and salty foods make it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
coworker sent a message that he went home early not feeling so well, turns out he popped poz for the vid. we were only in the same room at the office today for 30min so we'll see... wish i could get boosted but kaiser saze not until october

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

fermun posted:

been testing negative since thursday, so i gotta go into work tomorrow.

you can just lie and not go

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

DELETE CASCADE posted:

coworker sent a message that he went home early not feeling so well, turns out he popped poz for the vid. we were only in the same room at the office today for 30min so we'll see... wish i could get boosted but kaiser saze not until october

Kaiser: 2nd class care for 2nd class citizens :rubby:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

more like Kaiser Temporaryente amirite

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

poo poo, here in The Netherlands they're only giving it to 60+ and I don't even know how I could just buy a dose. with the flu if you are not in the target demographic you can buy a shot at the pharmacy and have your gp administer it, but I don't think you can for covid.
(for flu i never have to buy one because i can get a free flu shot at work)

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fermun posted:

my mouth always tastes metallic and rancid, like i'm sucking on some nickels that had been coated in spoiled lard. just a really unpleasant flavor.

grimes syndrome

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Dijkstracula posted:

yep scheduled mine for tomorrow

trip report: a bit of a temperature and chills during the night but only a mild ache the day after :getin:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Been rocking the vid since Monday. Sucks. No loss of smell like last time, but definitely giving me congestion. I honestly think I have multiple things doing on at the same time.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

TerminalRaptor posted:

Been rocking the vid since Monday. Sucks. No loss of smell like last time, but definitely giving me congestion. I honestly think I have multiple things doing on at the same time.

owned

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TerminalRaptor posted:

remember the movie cocoon?

and after being in the cocoon they came and younger and stronger?

same deal yo

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
First time I had it a couple years ago it was surprisingly mild. Fever and just pure exhaustion. I had a splitting headache one night as well.

This time I've been dealing with awful/stupid fever dreams, including having a song stuck on loop on my head an entire night and congestion in my head. My ears are plugged up slightly and that part feels more like a sinus infection than covid. Have a awful sore throat today which I hate.

I was out this weekend at an event and was trying to be careful on not touching things and then my face, but I probably goofed at some point or had someone breath on me. It doesn't help they after 40 or so of years on this planet my body also decided the fall season is trying to kill me and I apparently have a seasonal allergy now that causes my nose to run and eyes to water if I go outside.

On the plus side none of my friends or family I saw this past weekend have gotten sick, so at least I didn't spread to them.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it can have wildly different symptoms each time. the first time i got it i thought i just had a really bad cold because it started with a sore throat, then came the sinuses, then the headaches, sleep disturbances, bubble guts, etc.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

it can have wildly different symptoms each time. the first time i got it i thought i just had a really bad cold because it started with a sore throat, then came the sinuses, then the headaches, sleep disturbances, bubble guts, etc.

what happened the 7th time you had it?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

what happened the 7th time you had it?

i'm dead actually

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

trip report: a bit of a temperature and chills during the night but only a mild ache the day after :getin:

i was shithoused the following day after getting mine in the afternoon (fever, no energy) but i'm back up today.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sitting here waiting for kaiser to offer both the new covid thing and the flu shot, get it together you jerks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Midjack posted:

i was shithoused the following day after getting mine in the afternoon (fever, no energy) but i'm back up today.

shithoused crew

1 week!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Our vaccinations got canceled today because they ran out after 11 AM. Thanks Walgreens

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

shithoused crew

1 week!

whoa wait it made you feel like poo poo for a week? the ones i've got had me feeling bad for like 2 days at the most. i'm not sure i'd even get the shot if it did that lol hmm

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

whoa wait it made you feel like poo poo for a week?

no i get stabbed next weds

1 day totally shithoused, 1 day back to life

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
picked up instant risotto and soup packets yesterday. dreading next thursday morning already lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Our vaccinations got canceled today because they ran out after 11 AM. Thanks Walgreens

honestly surprised

Apr 7, 2003

mediaphage posted:

honestly surprised

It's been happening a lot to a bunch of people we know, the vaccination guy we talked to today said that the scheduling system doesn't know how many doses they get so it's basically a game of getting in there as early as possible

which of course fucks working people lmao. I can't go get a shot at 9:30 AM

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

It's been happening a lot to a bunch of people we know

a whole bunch of my pgh pals have had their appts cancelled this week because of this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why not

take a day off

the early bird gets the covid vax

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

a whole bunch of my pgh pals have had their appts cancelled this week because of this

We scheduled a flu shot + covid shot at the local Walgreens and the Covid shot got canceled but the flu shot was fine

We rolled in on time to watch a very old couple (unmasked of course) roll up to the counter and ask if there were any covid shots available and get rejected

very cool. best country on earth. we have the tools.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

why not

take a day off

the early bird gets the covid vax

amazingly in some states they have to give you a paid day off when you get it. it's a law in ny at least

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's been happening a lot to a bunch of people we know, the vaccination guy we talked to today said that the scheduling system doesn't know how many doses they get so it's basically a game of getting in there as early as possible

which of course fucks working people lmao. I can't go get a shot at 9:30 AM

just walk out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think tori just doesn't wanna wake up earlier than 10 lol

like from your employer's perspective whats the difference between that and an 11 am shot?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

i'll allow it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah can't really say i wouldn't do the same

Apr 7, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

like from your employer's perspective whats the difference between that and an 11 am shot?

i didn't think about it until the Walgreens guy told me honestly what was happening today (ie 20 doses are available, the computer system lets people set 50 appointments, whoops, everyone > 20 gets hosed)

We were scheduling our appointments for late in the day because duh, that's when we're available

Guess I'll remedy that dipshit thought since my current job doesn't give a poo poo if I wander off at 9 AM

Apr 7, 2003

Don't do the right thing, folks. Just fucks ya

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

working all day just isn't right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol
if u haven’t done 80 push-ups by 6:30 am

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

We scheduled a flu shot + covid shot at the local Walgreens and the Covid shot got canceled but the flu shot was fine

We rolled in on time to watch a very old couple (unmasked of course) roll up to the counter and ask if there were any covid shots available and get rejected

very cool. best country on earth. we have the tools.

a more tragic outcome for the walgreens corporation would be having a vaccine they had to throw out coz it didn’t get used. that’s money down the mf drain. but a person or even a whole community that turns up for a vax but can’t get one? that’s a free sacrifice they’re just willing to make. because they know you’re addicted to the fuckin needle and will come back time and time again until u get your hit

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

echinopsis posted:

lol
if u haven’t done 80 push-ups by 6:30 am

how about 6.3 pushups by 8:00am? or 800 pushups by 6:03pm?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
six and a half figgies pushies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

six and a half figgies pushies

make sure you wipe after that.