Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY RETIRED
Aug 28, 2019

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in
You know what PYF has been missing, for all of these years? No, not that. Not that either. Not -- no why would you even think that?

Look it's a sub-subforum okay? PYF has been missing its own subforum.

But not anymore!

I'd like to introduce you all to PYF's new baby sub: Post My Favorites. Do you guys remember the Dear Diary RSF? No? Okay good, then this gimmick will be new and exciting to you. If yes, then you're welcome! It's back! Sort of!

If Post Your Favorite is home to many a megathread, Post My Favorites is intended to be full of what I guess we could call minithreads. Each thread is for its OP and its OP alone. Use your thread to post your own personal list of thoughts or favorites or items to buy down at the convenience store, I don't know, I don't care. The important part is that nobody can post in your thread but you. It's not that they're not supposed to, it's that they literally can't. So go hog wild.

Look I already wrote a bunch of words about this so click here for more information.

Click here for my example list-in-the-making.

And if you'd rather cut straight to the chase, I guess you can click here for just the subforum itself. Bam!

I'm going to leave this thread open for input and feedback on the new forum since you, uh, can't really do that in there unless you want to make a list of ways the new subforum sucks, which is very mean and I hope you don't do that. :(

Now go post some things!

Please!

Thank you!

I have never made a new subforum before and this is a lot of pressure.

Please like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916300

I can't click the link in this post. I don't have permission.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I hope people blog and blag to their hearts` delight! :toot:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Charles posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916300

I can't click the link in this post. I don't have permission.

Hmm that's just supposed to link to the other sticky in there, how strange. I'll see if I can fix it!

LITERALLY RETIRED
Aug 28, 2019

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in
I hope forbidding replies doesn't also mean you can't click other people's links, that would be a pretty big flaw in this scheme :v:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY AN ADMIN posted:

I hope forbidding replies doesn't also mean you can't click other people's links, that would be a pretty big flaw in this scheme :v:

Everything else seems to work!

LITERALLY RETIRED
Aug 28, 2019

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in
How's that?!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
👏

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

crisis averted

Thanks for the heads up, lol :)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The subforum is "Post My Favourites" does this mean each individual poster should post their favourite thing or that we need to know what you personally consider to be your favourite and we're just demonstrating our knowledge of LAB?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well, I meant the former, but I suppose nothing is really stopping you from the latter

It would be pretty easy, I expect you could just write "birds" and everybody else would nod in agreement.

Real answer: my working title was PYF: Single Player Edition because I knew PMF would make that question come up :argh:, but I decided at the last that PMF was better. I may still be proven wrong.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Mar 6, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well, I meant the former, but I suppose nothing is really stopping you from the latter

It would be pretty easy, I expect you could just write "birds" and everybody else would nod in agreement.

Real answer: my working title was PYF: Single Player Edition because I knew PMF would make that question come up :argh:, but I decided at the last that PMF was better. I may still be proven wrong.

Glad to be doing my part to make you regret the decision :zpatriot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Remove thread ratings. I'm being attacked by extremely wrong Dragon Age 2 haters! In my own diary!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pick posted:

Remove thread ratings.

This is a good idea, if it's possible.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pastry of the Year posted:

This is a good idea, if it's possible.

Actually keep them, it's funnier that way.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Actually keep them, it's funnier that way.

Yeah, I like it having that one little bit of interactivity.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This is a really cool idea for a subforum!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pick posted:

Remove thread ratings. I'm being attacked by extremely wrong Dragon Age 2 haters! In my own diary!

I made the vote threshold higher, but after the forum updated it looked awfully sterile without thread ratings :( so I put it back. Take pride in your ability to stir emotion from the masses!

also since I can't say this in your thread I love DA2 as well

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

how impossibly strange

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

for the record I'm only downvoting the fruit, I have no opinions on dragon age 2

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Just a suggestion but would 'Stop, collaborate and LISTen' be a better forum subtitle?

Sorry not sure if this is the place to post this, I'm an infrequent poster from BYOB mainly so hopefully I didn't mess this up too bad!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Stoner Sloth posted:

Just a suggestion but would 'Stop, collaborate and LISTen' be a better forum subtitle?

Sorry not sure if this is the place to post this, I'm an infrequent poster from BYOB mainly so hopefully I didn't mess this up too bad!

:lmao: I do intend to cycle out forum subtitles regularly so consider this next on the...

List

:grin:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Forum announcement? Is Lowtax still looking for a writer? Can we replace that?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I expect he is. Based on the admin panel it looks as though it's set to de-sticky itself on the 20th.

I could create an additional announcement for PMF, if that's what you're suggesting, but to be honest I don't know if it is the sort of thing important enough to warrant one! If that is indeed what you're suggesting I'm pleased you think that of it though :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

By the way, I've been adding thread tags to threads that get posted without one so they aren't stuck with the poo poo POST tag. If anybody doesn't like the tag I picked for them just message me and I'll change it

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I expect he is. Based on the admin panel it looks as though it's set to de-sticky itself on the 20th.

I could create an additional announcement for PMF, if that's what you're suggesting, but to be honest I don't know if it is the sort of thing important enough to warrant one! If that is indeed what you're suggesting I'm pleased you think that of it though :)

I was, although we've probably had announcement saturation lately.

I thought it might get fans of the former Dear Diary, who might not notice it under PYF.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The only reason I'm hesitant is that it feels self-indulgent, but I might be over-thinking it. If you think a little more exposure is warranted I could put one up for a week or so

e: world's worst announcement is live

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Mar 8, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This seems like a terrible idea for a subforum because there's no chance of creating a community or giving feedback.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

You're certainly not wrong, but it's largely meant to be a sort of extension of/mirror to PYF :) This subforum is a community built around megathreads that need lots of manpower to keep rolling along, and I thought it might be fun to have the equal and opposite reaction to that, a subforum full of very tiny threads that give you a glimpse of individual goons' interests outside of the zeitgeist.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The only reason I'm hesitant is that it feels self-indulgent, but I might be over-thinking it. If you think a little more exposure is warranted I could put one up for a week or so

e: world's worst announcement is live

It's just a forum. Don't over think it :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You're certainly not wrong, but it's largely meant to be a sort of extension of/mirror to PYF :) This subforum is a community built around megathreads that need lots of manpower to keep rolling along, and I thought it might be fun to have the equal and opposite reaction to that, a subforum full of very tiny threads that give you a glimpse of individual goons' interests outside of the zeitgeist.

People are already claiming forums conspiracies against them because of the ratings of threads, though. That's unhealthy in the extreme.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I suspect Pick was joking!

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
If I post stuff I have and someone wants that stuff, can I invite DMs about selling/giving them that stuff?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hmm. Probably better to keep any sort of exchange of goods in SA-Mart.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hmm. Probably better to keep any sort of exchange of goods in SA-Mart.

Of course if someone was to post a link to their favourite SA-Mart thread that seems well within the forum rules :getin:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Inceltown, more like Istheworsttown

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Inceltown, more like Istheworsttown

That town would probably be an improvement on a town full of incels.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I love shouting into the void without the anxiety of posting for likes and comments and other things social media trains you to crave.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Pick is in the pocket of Big Mangosteen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This seems like a terrible idea for a subforum because there's no chance of creating a community or giving feedback.

for what it's worth i completely agree with this, the entire point of bothering to visit this decaying website is to canvass the opinions and thoughts of other mentally ill people. on the other hand the complete absence of interactivity to this subforum means there's no actual way of issues arising, until goons figure out some way of causing drama, so it's not actually hurting - it's just really odd

wait, this is pyf. erm.

ok, "more like old pointless". is that better?