Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YeahWhatevah posted:

Dark Mod.

https://www.thedarkmod.com/main/

If you even remotely liked LGS's Thief in any of its forms, but especially in its earliest phases, you need to try this. At one time it required Doom3, but it has been stand alone since probably 2012 or so. Just a gently caress-ton of work to get it to where it is. Yeah, it may be a bit rough around the edges but, come on, it's the closest thing to Thief in all its taffing glory as we'll ever see again.

eta: fixed apostrophe and top of the page too. woo-hoo!

Thanks for reminding me this exists. I played it a couple of years ago, and its incredibly well made. It nails everything good about the thief games, so yeah, play this game people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Negostrike posted:

Age of Empires Online was brought back from the dead by the guys of Project Celeste. Now you can play it online or offline with all the premium poo poo (like some premium civs) unlocked. Check it out if you like RTS.

Me and a buddy downloaded and played this back in the day. Holy poo poo what an obvious cash grab that game was. No wonder it died hard. It was the very definition of pay 2 win.

We downloaded it now that its free, and with everything unlocked it is a good game in its own right. Albeit very light on tactics. The fun is in the singleplayer/coop i'd say.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Carpator Diei posted:

Here's a long Twitter thread covering a lot of fangames, standalone mods and other free games:
https://twitter.com/DominicTarason/status/1365191991072600066

Wow, so glad darkmod is still active and thriving. After the disappointment that was "UBISOFT™ TH4IEF™" It's good to know the thief legacy lives on.