Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Two Hands
May 7, 2008
Don't know if self-promotion is frowned upon in this thread, but the rules didn't seem to forbid it.

I made a game, initially as a joke for a very old thread (5 years ago nearly), but have been working at it off and on, especially now that the world is in lockdown.

Shadows Behind the Throne, a political map game, revolving around getting yourself elected by deceiving AI agents, in order to doom the world and bring about an Age of Darkness. Features Deep Ones (fishmen was deemed non-gender neutral), climate change, fascism simulator 2020 and more. It is both free and open source.

https://bobbytwohands.itch.io/shadows-behind-the-throne-2

Bobby Two Hands fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Two Hands
May 7, 2008

charms posted:

Is there any way you can find your thrall? She was on the losing side of a civil war, and didn't appear in the court of the country that took its place. The abilities I have available imply she still exists, but I can't select her and use Apoptosis or anything else because I don't know where she is.

Hmm, no, there isn't yet. I'll add it into the list for the next version. We have a bunch of time to churn out new releases, now that the world's on lockdown.

StrixNebulosa, thanks for the support those many years ago. Kinda glad it stayed small and not taken up all my time, have now almost completed a PhD, and I like having this game as a stress-free thing to tinker with when the urge strikes, rather than feel like an obligation. Will keep my spam to a minimum.

Bobby Two Hands
May 7, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Is there a way to see what the world temperature is? I chose the name that would let me cool the world down with each battle. Cool game!

Each individual hex has its own temperature, which the powers very slightly reduce per battle. Meant to be a slow climate change over the course of the game, with the map's habitable zone slowly moving south as the frozen north descends, although the targeted power can do some decent damage to a city's habitability in a single cast.

Len posted:

Is this the project that spun out of the thread for That Which Sleeps?

It is. I've been fiddling with it ever since, and keeping it open source in case someone with some real free time, or inclination to make it into a full game, ever arises to complete the dream of a real working That Which Sleeps.

Bobby Two Hands
May 7, 2008
Don't know if it counts as spam to repost my game, but it's been a while, so I figured it's probably cool?

Since last time, we've added in agent-based gameplay, moving this project towards being a full open-source That Which Sleeps remake. Featuring new gameplay video about the new agents, because it turns out this kind of game is really complicated and difficult to learn. (As I myself discovered trying the newly-early-access game "Secret Government".

https://bobbytwohands.itch.io/shadows-behind-the-throne-2

Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQYsR7_hR4