Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

This is a great thread! There was a span of time in my late teens/early 20s where I didn't have a lot of money for games, so hunting down great free indie games was my big thing. Looking forwards to seeing what people dig up here, because my dumb ape brain got tricked by Steam sales and now I have a Sisyphean backlog of cheap games constantly demanding my time over free games, so I've been missing out on some good freeware I'm sure. I think the 2020 7 Day Roguelike challenge ends today, so maybe I'll take a look at a few of those and post what I find here.

Suprised nobody has mentioned the games of Locomalito yet. A single driven dev making very polished retro arcade style games and releasing them for free. All of the games on his site are wonderful, so please try at least one! Hydorah and Maldita Castilla are his games I've played the most and come highly recommended.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Ikachan is a game Daisuke Amaya/Pixel (Cave Story dev) did early on. It's got a few issues here and there, but it's cute and short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Daisuke Amaya's later game Guxt is also quite good and short. A peppy little jog if your'e a fan of shmups!

Amorphous Abode fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU