Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
These drawings are great, thank you everybody for contributing, I appreciate it! And we almost made it to two pages without somebody needlessly bitching about me! Maybe some day I'll be able to post a thread in GBS and make it to page two before somebody sucks the fun out of the thread and shits it up!

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

I've paid absolutely every single writer who has ever written for this site. Feel free to ask any of them, then feel free to go gently caress yourself.

Just seems a bit on the nose given the articles content, to the point I thought you were doing it ironically or as some kind of commentary.

edit: Jesus dude, I would've thought you'd had thicker skin by now.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I found the irony of it kinda funny, and when I posted the article to my Facebook I made a joke about not getting paid for my illustration on an article about how people should be paid.

Lowtax, if you see my Facebook post, it's not an attack.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Just seems a bit on the nose given the articles content, to the point I thought you were doing it ironically or as some kind of commentary.

edit: Jesus dude, I would've thought you'd had thicker skin by now.
It has nothing to do with my skin, it's about thinking back when I could post threads in GBS and just have fun, without somebody posting a dumb issue

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Tip posted:

I found the irony of it kinda funny, and when I posted the article to my Facebook I made a joke about not getting paid for my illustration on an article about how people should be paid.

Lowtax, if you see my Facebook post, it's not an attack.
ALL IMAGES POSTED BY PAYING MEMBERS OF THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SOMETHING AWFUL LLC AND OUR EULA SAYS WIZARDS WILL ATTACK YOU OR SOME poo poo IF YOU STIR UP TROUBLE BUDDY

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
wait that reminds me, do I need to add that dumb message that says THIS WEBSITE USES COOKIES OR WHATEVER and makes you click "okay" or else it redirects you to goatse

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

haha yeah do it

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Wutang-Yutani posted:

You're asking your paying user base to generate free content for your front page article about... paying your workers.

OMG I FEEL THE OBLIGATION OH MAN I GOTTA OPEN UP MSPAIN no wait I don't go gently caress ur'reself

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

It has nothing to do with my skin, it's about thinking back when I could post threads in GBS and just have fun, without somebody posting a dumb issue

I mean "draw me some pictures for my article bemoaning free labour" isn't really the funnest idea for a thread, it's more in line with the "I need something so here's a thread saying what I need" poo poo you've been doing nonstop for god knows how long now.
This site barely remains funny despite you, not because of you.
Anyway I'll eat my ban and go gently caress myself now because this poo poo's just sad.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Lowtax posted:

It has nothing to do with my skin
Maybe it should be. I have to turn down the gamma when I watch your streams

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Daikloktos posted:

Maybe it should be. I have to turn down the gamma when I watch your streams
what's wrong with my gamma, how dare you, how fucken dare you

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
okay I added the cookie button so I don't get sued or whatever happens if you dont tell people poo poo about cookies I guess

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Lowtax posted:

okay I added the cookie button so I don't get sued or whatever happens if you dont tell people poo poo about cookies I guess

where's the goatman lowtax

where is he

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lowtax posted:

ALL IMAGES POSTED BY PAYING MEMBERS OF THE SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SOMETHING AWFUL LLC AND OUR EULA SAYS WIZARDS WILL ATTACK YOU OR SOME poo poo IF YOU STIR UP TROUBLE BUDDY

can they use it for their portfolio

will you let them do that

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

I mean "draw me some pictures for my article bemoaning free labour" isn't really the funnest idea for a thread, it's more in line with the "I need something so here's a thread saying what I need" poo poo you've been doing nonstop for god knows how long now.
This site barely remains funny despite you, not because of you.
Anyway I'll eat my ban and go gently caress myself now because this poo poo's just sad.
Seriously, why are you being such a bitter dick about this? Like is it fun for you or something? I don't get it, I post like two threads a year

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Alan Smithee posted:

can they use it for their portfolio

will you let them do that
I will, but the wizards wont

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ban this sick filth on the livestream

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Nastyman posted:

where's the goatman lowtax

where is he
I just used some dumb cloudflare extension, none of them had two buttons so I was like gently caress it

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

BeefThief posted:

ban this sick filth on the livestream
nah I'm honestly curious where this overt hostility comes from

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Lowtax posted:

thank's

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

overt hostility

Read over what I wrote and then what you wrote and see if you still want to angle for the "overt hostility" crap, yes everyone will swarm to defend you on account of you owning the site but don't delude yourself into thinking you're under constant attack because I really didn't give a poo poo beyond "article bemoaning free labour/using free labour" and that's exactly what I said, and someone else cautiously agreed they also thought.

If you want to think I'm fuming with outrage here or everyone's out to get you or whatever that's up to you I guess but you're not doing yourself, or anyone any favours by it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Read over what I wrote and then what you wrote and see if you still want to angle for the "overt hostility" crap, yes everyone will swarm to defend you on account of you owning the site but don't delude yourself into thinking you're under constant attack because I really didn't give a poo poo beyond "article bemoaning free labour/using free labour" and that's exactly what I said, and someone else cautiously agreed they also thought.

If you want to think I'm fuming with outrage here or everyone's out to get you or whatever that's up to you I guess but you're not doing yourself, or anyone any favours by it.

Post an mspaint about how you feel

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
ignore

Eh! Frank fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 17, 2020

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

dude you asked me to ban you, that's not something normal people ask for

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
this site uses cookies

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lowtax posted:

this site uses cookies

That's hard to believe

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That's hard to believe

I am legally obliged to tell you this or else this website could be arrested

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

this didn't end up how i intended so i guess bloomburg is a furry with a bear mask

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
going to need to start watermarking my lovely ms-paints so they dont get used for profit

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

dude you asked me to ban you, that's not something normal people ask for

It wasn't exactly a request but what I'd say was a fair assumption to be made when the site owner is telling you to go gently caress yourself.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

It wasn't exactly a request but what I'd say was a fair assumption to be made when the site owner is telling you to go gently caress yourself.
if I was going to ban you, wouldn't I have banned you? or, uh, what?

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

if I was going to ban you, wouldn't I have banned you? or, uh, what?

Hence the usage of the word assumption instead of psychic prediction.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Hence the usage of the word assumption instead of psychic prediction.
You still haven't answered my questions, I make like two threads a year, and this one was just asking for drawings. Like what's the motivation to tell me the forums aren't funny because of me, but despite me? what are you mad about? what did I do to you? I'm honestly trying to understand the point of making comments like that.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I want to have fun online

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

You still haven't answered my questions, I make like two threads a year, and this one was just asking for drawings. Like what's the motivation to tell me the forums aren't funny because of me, but despite me? what are you mad about? what did I do to you? I'm honestly trying to understand the point of making comments like that.

I'm phone typing so this is a real pain in the rear end but this is what happened, again:

You posted an article bemoaning the free labour economy

You then asked people for free labour for the article, which you profit from

I said, "huh, that seems ironic? Is that the joke?"

You told me to gently caress myself

You said you couldn't go two pages without being "attacked"

I said it was a pretty mild attack and to harden the gently caress up

You said you just wanted to make fun threads and that everyone is trying bring you down or some poo poo

I said most of your fun threads seems to just be about things you want lately

Petty bickering ensued

Etc etc blahblah

I get that you legitimately have been attacked by just about every group there is at some stage but your reaction to my observation was overblown and petulant, which doesn't serve anyone well.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Wutang-Yutani posted:

I'm phone typing so this is a real pain in the rear end but this is what happened, again:

You posted an article bemoaning the free labour economy

I said, "huh, that seems ironic? Is that the joke?"

You told me to gently caress myself

You said you couldn't go two pages without being "attacked"

I said it was a pretty mild attack and to harden the gently caress up

You said you just wanted to make fun threads and that everyone is trying bring you down or some poo poo

I said most of your fun threads seems to just be about things you want lately

Petty bickering ensued

Etc etc blahblah

I get that you legitimately have been attacked by just about every group there is at some stage but your reaction to my observation was overblown and petulant, which doesn't serve anyone well.

your a idiot

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Lowtax posted:

I want to have fun online

How dare you!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Okay well here's the thing: I've always paid my writers $40 per article minimum. I have never once received $40 in ad revenue from an article; I make like under two dollars max. We don't churn out the clickbait for the masses, so nobody reads this site. So like when people say I profit from something like crudely drawn MS Paint Elon Musks, I really don't, and if I do, it's measured in pennies. So from a business standpoint, I'm absolutely retarded and have always been retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
move on

Eh! Frank fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 17, 2020