Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You're asking your paying user base to generate free content for your front page article about... paying your workers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

I've paid absolutely every single writer who has ever written for this site. Feel free to ask any of them, then feel free to go gently caress yourself.

Just seems a bit on the nose given the articles content, to the point I thought you were doing it ironically or as some kind of commentary.

edit: Jesus dude, I would've thought you'd had thicker skin by now.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

It has nothing to do with my skin, it's about thinking back when I could post threads in GBS and just have fun, without somebody posting a dumb issue

I mean "draw me some pictures for my article bemoaning free labour" isn't really the funnest idea for a thread, it's more in line with the "I need something so here's a thread saying what I need" poo poo you've been doing nonstop for god knows how long now.
This site barely remains funny despite you, not because of you.
Anyway I'll eat my ban and go gently caress myself now because this poo poo's just sad.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

overt hostility

Read over what I wrote and then what you wrote and see if you still want to angle for the "overt hostility" crap, yes everyone will swarm to defend you on account of you owning the site but don't delude yourself into thinking you're under constant attack because I really didn't give a poo poo beyond "article bemoaning free labour/using free labour" and that's exactly what I said, and someone else cautiously agreed they also thought.

If you want to think I'm fuming with outrage here or everyone's out to get you or whatever that's up to you I guess but you're not doing yourself, or anyone any favours by it.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

dude you asked me to ban you, that's not something normal people ask for

It wasn't exactly a request but what I'd say was a fair assumption to be made when the site owner is telling you to go gently caress yourself.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

if I was going to ban you, wouldn't I have banned you? or, uh, what?

Hence the usage of the word assumption instead of psychic prediction.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

You still haven't answered my questions, I make like two threads a year, and this one was just asking for drawings. Like what's the motivation to tell me the forums aren't funny because of me, but despite me? what are you mad about? what did I do to you? I'm honestly trying to understand the point of making comments like that.

I'm phone typing so this is a real pain in the rear end but this is what happened, again:

You posted an article bemoaning the free labour economy

You then asked people for free labour for the article, which you profit from

I said, "huh, that seems ironic? Is that the joke?"

You told me to gently caress myself

You said you couldn't go two pages without being "attacked"

I said it was a pretty mild attack and to harden the gently caress up

You said you just wanted to make fun threads and that everyone is trying bring you down or some poo poo

I said most of your fun threads seems to just be about things you want lately

Petty bickering ensued

Etc etc blahblah

I get that you legitimately have been attacked by just about every group there is at some stage but your reaction to my observation was overblown and petulant, which doesn't serve anyone well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

Okay well here's the thing: I've always paid my writers $40 per article minimum. I have never once received $40 in ad revenue from an article; I make like under two dollars max. We don't churn out the clickbait for the masses, so nobody reads this site. So like when people say I profit from something like crudely drawn MS Paint Elon Musks, I really don't, and if I do, it's measured in pennies. So from a business standpoint, I'm absolutely retarded and have always been retarded.

My wife is telling me to go to bed and stop arguing with the awful website guy.

So I'll just say I genuinely wasn't having a shot at you until you had one at me, I just thought it was a meta "bit" you were doing or something.