Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They need to make these two days. First day for extended practice and adjustments. Second day for qualifying and the race. The issue I saw on Saturday was that the race basically came down to who got the setup closest to right before they got to the track. Which they deserve credit for or whatever, but it doesn't make for good racing. With what happened with Sato and the two cars that made the late adjustments that caused them to get a pass through penalty, I wonder how many people limited what they changed for fear of not making it through inspections in time for the race.

Also, from a safety aspect, I'm not a real big fan of having everyone hop on a chartered flight at like 3 am then work all day with no sleep tooling around and running pit stops on high-speed, open-wheel race cars. These guys are obviously all professionals but it seems like a recipe for potential disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

50% capacity and they’re still doing the tv blackout lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Dale Jarrett had coronavirus like 3 weeks ago

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

INDYCAR 2020: Everybody fucks up, Dixon wins

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good lord that was close

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol daddy’s gonna have to go out of pocket for his failson in 2021.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

I know it hasn't exactly been a great year for Sipag, but is he really that close to the chopping block for Penske? I thought adding McLaughlin was just going to be jumping to four cars since the IMSA team isn't going to have anything to do now.

What other free agents would be interesting to Penske?

Checo?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They probably figure it would be wise to figure out how to build a competitive F1 engine before they start spreading themselves thin.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Long Beach moving to protect it from potentially being lost (again) to COVID or is this a permanent thing somebody thought was a good idea?

Because it's not a bad idea, I'm just curious as to if it's a one-off.

And NASCAR changing the second race of the season from Fontana to the Daytona road course at the 11th hour.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the schedule is frontloaded with races in states that don't care and backloaded with states that are serious about restrictions.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, Marco’s a fail son so there’s like a 99.9% chance he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jenna Fryer said Grosjean was considering running Gateway but hadn’t decided yet