Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Race The Whole Season And Use Dead Boomer Carcasses Instead Of Tire Barriers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

honestly wish we could have had Marco win that instead. would have been a much, much better and bigger story.

nah gently caress marco

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Double posting because they buried the lede a bit on this article: https://racer.com/2020/06/07/penske-on-indy-500-we-will-run-it-only-with-fans/

October is on the table if things aren't looking right for August. Given when they made the decision to pull fans from the July weekend, I don't think we're far off of that.

we're gonna have a second wave of covid-19 in autumn that will be larger than the first wave, so

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fuji and motegi are the two worst road courses on the planet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iwentdoodie posted:

Homestead
Kansas
Phoenix
COTA
Indy

i mean rovals have constraints to them, and much like street tracks, i place them in a different category altogether than road courses. also i don't think the homestead roval is that bad, and i love kansas because of how blatantly obvious it is that the track designer gave less than zero fucks about a roval layout for it.

and i hate cota and all but it doesn't belong anywhere in a conversation of worst tracks in the world. it's real bad but i can name a dozen worse road tracks just off the top of my head.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

COTA is just as bad as like a dozen other tracks built in the last twenty years which itself is a travesty

yeah that's why i can't necessarily count it as one of the worst. it's bad but not uniquely bad. if we wanted to go that route regarding modern gp tracks, yas marina is the indisputable worst of those. buddh is also real terrible.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hunnert car pileup posted:

I kinda dug Buddh, but yeah Yas Marina is indisputably the worst. Like you have a blank check to build a giant motorsports palace and that is what you come up with? :cmon:

the thing that really seals the deal for yas marina is how they gave so little of a poo poo when designing it that they forgot about where they were putting a parking lot when making the track layout, so when it came time to build it they just put a kink on the main straightaway to accommodate it

they just gave. no. fucks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vasukhani posted:

people seriously believe this will be over in just 3 more months. We'll be very lucky if we have a good vaccine society in 3 years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

>turns on race
>marco last

:hmmyes:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yellow flag is out time for everything to go wrong for everyone

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

>turns on race
>marco last

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yikes

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rhr bad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

marshalljim posted:

Why would rhr have screwed up twice like that?

because he's bad op

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WindyMan posted:

Not seeing Helio in a Penske car would be weird but dammit we need a lovable Brazilian veteran in the field full time

wealthy tax dodgers are not, in fact, lovable and are instead a major parasite akin to landlords

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lol karam lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rhr bad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Elephanthead posted:

Lol no red flag ratings in Japan must be worth a bundle.

it would have taken forfuckinever to fix that pit wall

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that was a bizarre crash. like, he touched his left front into the right rear of the guy in front, spun, and then his left rear wheel came off which sent him into the air? what? i don't understand.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 4, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

>turns on race
>marco last second to last

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like, this HAS to be marco's last season, right

he's always been poo poo but oh my god he fuckin sucks so much rear end this year even for him

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's been five fuckin years since he even got a podium finish lmao just leave the sport in shame you fuckin hack

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Reynold posted:

The last thing I remember Marco doing is surprising everyone with a pole position at Detroit in 2018. This Indy 500 pole is likely the high water mark for him. Six poles (?) and two wins in his whole Indycar career, spanning 15 years. And it's been a decade since that last win. I've never been a fan, but I can see how *~*tHe AnDrEtTi nAmE*~* sometimes pulls people in to cheer for him when he makes a few good moves. I think his time is done though, and would love to see someone else get a shot in that ride rather than watching Marco spend another decade floundering at the tail end of the points standings. Make way for Kirkwood in 2022 imo.

the andretti name makes me hate him even more because gently caress blatant nepotism

also really loving that andretti racing got a podium sweep, meanwhile marco is in loving 20th lmao

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Sep 14, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WindyMan posted:

Maybe the Andretti curse is just having the same name as your father and grandfather and being in the unfortunate position of only being a decent driver instead of a good or great one.

a decent driver doesn't finish in fuckin 20th place while his three teammates sweep the podium lmao marco sucks poo poo through a straw and it's blatantly obvious at this point that his very limited success earlier in his career was due to a combination of andretti autosport being at a relative high point and the indycar field not being as talented in general as it is today, i mean he comes from the era of buddy rice and tomas schekter.

like, he's literally last place in the standings out of all full-time drivers. even if maybe at one point he arguably had some degree of talent, that's far the gently caress in the past.

i also extremely disagree that tagliani is a good comparison, the best team he drove for in indycar was schmitd, who didn't even win a race until 2013. marco meanwhile has, for his entire career, driven for a championship-calibre team, the only way he could possibly have it better was if he drove for ganassi or penske. he's taken that golden opportunity and done so well with it that his last win was in 2011 and his last podium was in 2015. maybe charlie kimball would be a better comparison, except at least kimball has always given off the impression that he's a genuinely nice, if not very talented, dude, whereas marco has always come off as every bit an entitled whiny brat as danica patrick.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 15, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

vitor fuckin meira had a higher average finish in his indycar career than marco andretti has had lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

remember when alex rossi had a great outing in the herta/andretti car, so they swapped marco into it and rossi into marco's old car, where he kept doing great while marco kept sucking red raw anus

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

*looks at results, marco last*

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

imagine how poo poo a driver you gotta be to be driving for one of the best teams in the sport and being behind two bottom-tier cars that shift drivers around depending on event

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Reynold posted:

Oof, as I feared, Askew is out at the end of the season.

https://arrowmclarensp.com/2020/10/...20155I-6n0njI-o

sounds like his career has gone askew

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://twitter.com/guillebtbw/status/1347068002911576066

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

I like Marco, i hope he wins Indy some day.

imagine loudly proclaiming you love for this phenomenally untalented loser gifted a seat by his name after his trump-loving rear end had the audacity to tweet this poo poo

https://twitter.com/MarcoAndretti/status/1346910129317318656

while the loving us capitol was being stormed by trumpers

gently caress marco loving andretti, the only thing i hope he wins at indy is a trip to the infield care center

like, i genuinely do not understand the appeal of someone who is a lovely driver and an even shittier person

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 20, 2021

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

I honestly dont know why people take that as a pro trump insurrection tweet? Telling the dipshits protesting the election to stay peaceful seems fine? We know like every one of the drivers voted for Trump, thats like not even in the top 10 of lovely pro trump tweets (Graham has like 9 of the 10 to be fair).

it isn't pro-insurrection and nobody said it was.

it does however imply that trump didn't spend months riling his followers up to do exactly what they did, which is total horeseshit. the attempted murder of loving us congresspeople was 100% on trump and tweeting out poo poo like 'stay peaceful' when you're a vocal trump supporter displays willful ignorance of the man's actions.

Cygni posted:

We know like every one of the drivers voted for Trump, thats like not even in the top 10 of lovely pro trump tweets (Graham has like 9 of the 10 to be fair).

most other drivers have the good sense to at least not be out and vocal trump supporters. the only ones i really know that are vocal about it are graham, marco and his entire family, and pagenaud.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

is... he? I dont really remember Marco ever really saying anything. Michael and Mario both have. Marcos twitter is mostly him hanging out with Ice T.

he's said enough that myself and apparently a bunch of people who responded to him on twitter were well aware that the was a trumper, despite my having not paid a lot of attention to indycar or racing in general for the past like 6 years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Synthetic Hermit posted:

This can be taken as wishing injury on him.

thanks for the input, noted and unashamed fan of literal nazi youtubers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

imagine trying to be the morality police after you post a bunch of videos from actual nazis and when called on it, defend yourself with 'but the videos are too good not to share!'

lmfao