Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

old joke, you say

https://twitter.com/FollowAndretti/status/1237837259610574848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
If any of you bought bronze badges/tickets for the 500, have you received them already? I haven't, and while I realize it's not super critical right now given ... everything, I was wondering when they usually arrive and if I should be concerned.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

that and the references to TK and SeaBass' old sponsors

I thought TK still had 7-11 as a minor sponsor, at least last year.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

devmd01 posted:

So uh, anyone still going to the COVID 500 next month?

I logged in to the website to claim two of my four tickets, but that was back when the numbers in Indiana were still trending down. If it's still bad by then (of course it will be), I'll be happy to eat the cost of two tickets. Will be nothing in comparison to my wedding two weeks after probably being super cancelled. Looking forward to May 2021 if we as a society get there.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Cygni posted:

https://racer.com/2020/07/11/indycar-focusing-on-ferrari-as-third-engine-supplier/

ew, can we get a better brand as the third builder instead? like Yugo or Geo or Trabant or something?

How would it even work? One team run by the scud and the other teams with Ferrari-sourced engines branded as Alfa or Maserati? I can't imagine a third of the field actually getting any Ferrari branding.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Well Colton is official one of my favorites now.

SATO P1!

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Would shortening the pit wall so the attenuator is further down the straight help this? Sure seems like Indy is the worst track for cars hitting pit wall.

Problem would be spins like Dixon's in practice and the Daly / Askew crash. Seems like with a later outer pit wall there could be a higher likelyhood for high-energy debris (or whole cars) flying towards occupied pit areas.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

IOwnCalculus posted:

Colton saying what's in all our hearts

E: yeah. I don't know that there's a better solution, I just don't know why Indy seems to have so much more issues with the attenuator than most tracks.

Most ovals like Texas, Fontana, Gateway, etc, have a totally different pit entry configuration is certainly part of it. The only one I can think of off hand that is similar to Indy is Pocono, and when it comes to track width there is no comparison there either — and the outer pit wall is much narrower. Maybe if they rebuilt the outer pit wall at Indy to eliminate the trench where people used to stand with message boards, but even then... I dunno.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Don't forget the heat

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

harperdc posted:

Wasn't mentioned here but it's Hinchcliffe in the Andretti car now vacated by Veach for the remainder of the season (final three rounds).

Hrm.

It's weird that Veach isn't just bounced but bounced now -- you would've thought the money would have kept him in the seat at least until the end of the season.

Pruett is suggesting Hinchcliffe, as well as Castroneves and Bourdais, are in the cars for the last few 2020 races to salvage leader's circle funding https://racer.com/2020/09/25/indycar-silly-season-2020-ep-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
The pace car ran out of gas!