Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jack Arute and AJ Allmendinger are going to host a dedicated IndyCar show on SXM IndyCar Radio. Details are coming tomorrow, I guess.

Arute is the best racing host on SXM and it's not even close.

devmd01 posted:

as tragic as a horrific pileup and crash of all of them would be, it’d probably be a net gain for the world in the end

Ten less influencers? I'm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Since there's no actual racing today, WindyMan has fired up the Winter Coronavirus Heat channel with a playlist starting once the iRacing celebrity race broadcast is over. Come hang shortly for NASCAR K&N from Road Atlanta, SCCA Trans-Am from St. Pete, and more:

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

We're also considering goonwatching racing from each week's intended venue until racing resumes. I know IndyCar didn't have anything next week, but maybe we could dig up old Long Beach GPs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So in the last 3 laps, SiPag Kenseth's Norris, Pato runs over Ericsson, and Chud runs over Askew when he might have been better served to just try to slingshot past cleanly.

I can't tell if I liked that or I hate all the drivers who turned others.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/status/1256691948439719938

Simon and his spotter planning to wreck Lando on the pit stop that happened 2 laps prior to his "pit stop" excuse

"I don't know, I must have had a right front tire going down or something."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good job, Hinch.

E- what is the point of letting a bunch of lappers restart between the leader and second? Jesus, IndyCar.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 7, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham's pseudo-IROC reboot for 2021 has its second entry:

https://twitter.com/paultracy3/status/1288507057637752834

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is TK a potential option to run the oval races in the CGR 48? Given that this year was ovals only for him and that ride will probably be very "trophy or steering wheel" given there's not one driver going for a championship, it seems like it could be a good match.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Helio to MSR for six races as a teammate to Jack Harvey.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is TK a potential option to run the oval races in the CGR 48? Given that this year was ovals only for him and that ride will probably be very "trophy or steering wheel" given there's not one driver going for a championship, it seems like it could be a good match.

https://twitter.com/TonyKanaan/status/1330897459569192961

Yes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

I wonder what the conversations between TK and Helio are like at this point.

Ah, those two. Bugs in a rug, they are.

"Actually, you won two. Paul Tracy won the third."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is Long Beach moving to protect it from potentially being lost (again) to COVID or is this a permanent thing somebody thought was a good idea?

Because it's not a bad idea, I'm just curious as to if it's a one-off.

harperdc posted:

I think almost all of the teams are based out of Indianapolis too so it's a non-travel event as well if the situation gets that bad.

same sort of idea as IMSA running extra races at Daytona, Sebring and Road America this past year - they own the tracks.

And NASCAR changing the second race of the season from Fontana to the Daytona road course at the 11th hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: HEY :siren:. It's time for TWISTS! TURNS! TWEETS!

quote:

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

For regulars, please note that this playlist will NOT be shown in the Winter Heat CyTube channel, as the 2020 Enduro can't be embedded externally. Instead, it will be shown via a new #winterheat channel in the SASCAR Discord, to be found here: https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 25, 2020