Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

that theme makes every corney intro awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rmc8cUohTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://streamable.com/obvvq9

Good to know everyone else hates Ferrucci, too

He proceeded to go way wide off track on the overtake

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/602393210?t=1h27m9s

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

hunnert car pileup posted:

I want a sad version of the Delta Force theme, like the downtrodden version of America gently caress Yeah

i might just have to put it in minor key over a montage of Tony George era fails

it would stop being funny when the fails included getting Randy Bernard appointed as ceo and executing a beloved driver in an attempt to make IndyCar more exciting, like bullfighting

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

just put it over the starting grid for the '97 500

alternatively, the last lap

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Spaced God posted:

Are they only doing a 175 miler at Indy and not a full 500 at any point? Lameee

listen they've got other races they have prepared for

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Cygni posted:

and the 30+ drivers that broke their backs because the IRL refused to admit that their longitudinal gearbox design was a loving joke from the moment they announced it

or them refusing to admit their cars were death traps if they turned sideways and all the drivers that were killed or maimed from blow overs

or all the other drivers that were killed or maimed during the mandatory pack racing era

I know its like 10 yrs into IRL but i will never forget Brian Barnhart comparing a driver almost burning to death due to incompetence to an nfl ref making a bad call.

quote:

"They didn't mean to do it, that's for sure, and they feel bad enough about it," he said. "This is like being the referee in the Super Bowl and making a bad call or the poor [baseball] ump at the perfect game who blew the call. They don't see the spotlight like this."

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 2, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
pretending this iracing race is the indy 500 is no different than whatever dumb preset series theyve been racing since 1996 is the indy 500

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Sage going loving flying was awesome

F for the virtual fans killed in that indycar ending crash

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
holy poo poo that was so garbage what the gently caress

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
yeah I'm so glad we're done with these, the boys werent mature enough to play

https://twitter.com/CGRindycar/status/1256672513733603329

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://streamable.com/4bu262

maybe its just his voice???

lmao this has probably done irreparable damage to the idea of e-sports on tv, good

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 2, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
a big issue broadcast wise is just the inability for the camera to actually show the race, it can only follow individual cars, made the race basically impossible to follow.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

gonna wager that some of Are Lando's creepy fans are big mad at Simon

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/status/1257469905927958528

this is what happens when you involve gamers

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

CactusWeasle posted:

To be honest, hundreds of people dying from a virus they got at a race would be an improvement on things lately :shrug:

sounds slightly less dangerous than indycars at texas

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

CactusWeasle posted:

Con: loads of dead people

Pro: Cars go fast vroom :downs:

this has been the open real racing motto since 1912

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/MarioAndretti/status/1263120424893927424

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
at least its not the bettenhausens :(

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

IOwnCalculus posted:

AJ IV did the smart thing and married into money. Arie Jr is far more famous for being a Scottsdale douchebag on The Bachelor than anything he's done behind the wheel. Just Al, well, imagine that kid's home life and I'm not surprised.

Marco pretty much got ruined by jumping to Indycar too soon, though I don't envy having to live up to that kind of legacy. The dude has clearly got some major car control skills, look at that drive on slicks in the rain last year. If I had to guess, he's not any good at helping set up his own car. He doesn't benefit at all from the setups his teammates have. Certainly can't qualify either.

I'm interested to see how Colton Herta does long term.

andretti did really well in 2006 and thats it

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Fwiw, Andretti went to the same trainer in the off-season this year as he did in '06, so if there's anything left in him, I'd expect to see it this year, he's taking himself a lot more seriously, I'm guessing as a final push to see if he's still got it before maybe going the car owner route.

i wonder how the competition stacks up now compared to 06? I mean, he almost won indy.

bored and made gif, wish i could find some more pit lane photos for 2000s. you can actually pinpoint the exact moment it becomes crap

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 27, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

kidcoelacanth posted:

Marco losing that 500 to Hornish probably ruined his confidence personally.

that was the most exciting daytona 500 ever according to marty reid

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 27, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://twitter.com/DWRshow/status/1265988405898272771

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

IOwnCalculus posted:

Sato's crossing-the-line radio is the second best radio call ever, and yes that's above King Hiro. Anyone mad about Sato winning doesn't know what Indy means.

Lights being cancelled sucks, but is unsurprising and makes sense. Also makes me rethink whether or not to do Carb Day, and that's dependent on whether or not I end up doing the race at all.

why would people be mad at sato? dude drives fearlessly and it did a lot of good for indy in japan

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
plenty of people from the south have flown reb colors like the flag of texas after winning on a day that's supposed to be about honoring the union dead.

like texas 2017 was peak sato insanity, clearly has so much personality in how he drives.

At least he's doing better than nascar's "Japanese" driver

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 2, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

your friend wicka posted:

Last year I was at a go kart track in Minneapolis and met a man who was mad that a French driver won. Some people are weird.

Still not getting over Dario Resta shaming the sport!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

This is excellent

yes, but it looks like someone used a too enamel-ly paint on their model tbh

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
missing 80 percent of the race for commercial breaks

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
nice fake yellow

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
rossi absolutely holding up dixon lol

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
that race sucked

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

neat logo there lol

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Frond posted:

It’s true.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...impression=true

STAMFORD, Conn. – June 7, 2020 – NBC Sports’ presentation of the NTT INDYCAR Series Genesys 300 on NBC in primetime on Saturday night is NBC Sports’ most-watched INDYCAR race on record and the series’ most-watched race since 2016, excluding Indy 500s, according to Fast National data provided by The Nielsen Company and digital data from Adobe Analytics.

The season-opening race of the 2020 season from Texas Motor Speedway on NBC (8-10 p.m. ET) averaged a Total Audience Delivery of 1.285 million viewers to rank as the most-watched non-Indy 500 INDYCAR race since the 2016 Dual at Detroit Race 2 on ABC (1.397 million viewers).

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

CactusWeasle posted:

This. Even with the aeroscreen I'm still nervous watching races at Texas.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Was it the best race? Nah.

Was it infinitely better than no racing on one hand, and drivers in the hospital on the other?

Hell yeah.

Cygni posted:

Race wasn't great but tbh thats probably what Texas races should look like if we are gonna keep running there. Running side by side at these speeds is an invitation for disaster.

perhaps we should ask our selves why we are still watching when the definition of a "good race" is no one being maimed/killed

wisconsingreg fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 9, 2020

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

devmd01 posted:

Incredible. It looks like a six year old’s rendition of what a cool race car looks like. I lost my poo poo at the slow-motion replay of their own car ending its maiden test run in the most hilarious fashion.

I don't think that was slow mo

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
this is what we are missing out on by not having 60s rules

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

People running unsafe cars and bad races won by whoever has the most money?

but enough about formula 1

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Nybble posted:

I tried to reach out to Laguna Seca and didn't hear back, but it appears they are selling fan tickets for the weekend like nothing is wrong. Anyone have any insight there? I had a blast last year and would like to go back, especially since it seems pretty easy to space out there, but not sure what their status might be.

people seriously believe this will be over in just 3 more months. We'll be very lucky if we have a good vaccine in 3 years.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

harperdc posted:

crowds of any size in 2021.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
so if you go 2021 without fans in may either, do you think indycar will survive?