Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The impression I was getting is that they are using AI to predict the state of every atom in the known universe at any point in time so as to view what happened and when.

so a photo a zombie unicorn loving your grandmother could theoretically be generated by their computer, and every variation of that scene from every possible angle with every variable possible.

the implications of a computer that could apply such a theory to history and view basically the state of every atom in the known universe at some point in time is pretty scary - on one hand it would mean you could solve literally any crime ever, but it would also mean the end of privacy.

it seems they are then extrapolating that out to attempting to predict the future?

I was initially feeling like the scene in the security office was really poorly acted until i realised she was actually acting that she was acting. then it made sense.

shows good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU