Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

coffin Y-wing? if it's to scale, it looks big to be an actual coffin ship (sort of a neat idea) so it must be a stylistic choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The rebels are confirmed to have Dracula

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The rebels are confirmed to have Dracula

wrong franchise
(wrong franchise alt version)

Now I'm wondering if space hearses are a thing though.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Do Uglies count? Cause anyone flying one is usually dead and just don’t know it yet.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hahaha goddamn. That's an oof.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

DIE-wing Mk 2

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Now I'm wondering if space hearses are a thing though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

If we’re already blasting dead Star Trek actors into space, im confident space hearses will be a thing

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Madurai posted:

I'm waiting for this one to be recanonized somehow.

Sorry to quote from so far back, but I think the thought process from some fans and even at Lucasfilm apparently, is that unless a vehicle was a major plot device in a legends story (i.e. The Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun etc) it's still probably Canon. The X-Wing tabletop game has released a ton of EU ships, even pretty obscure ones like all the Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Light Speed expansion ships. Dash Rendar is somehow Canon now despite SotE not occurring, so random vehicles aren't a stretch.:shrug:

But, yeah I'd love to see the ships from the Tie Fighter/X-Wing games and guide books pop up in future stuff. Give me a CloakShape or a Skipspray Blast-boat in a book, comic, show, or game.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 25, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Is there any art of the Uglies? I'd kinda love to see some miniatures of them, just the shittiest sci-fi fleet.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the rebel fleet; it's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armor on this ship is extensive and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good - because you won't be going anywhere fast.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Barry Foster posted:

The Y-Wing is the workhorse of the rebel fleet; it's not quick or flashy, but it gets the job done. The armor on this ship is extensive and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good - because you won't be going anywhere fast.

"The Millennium Falcon is a heavily modified YT-1300 class freighter. I don't know where this poo poo came from."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

Sorry to quote from so far back, but I think the thought process from some fans and even at Lucasfilm apparently, is that unless a vehicle was a major plot device in a legends story (i.e. The Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun etc) it's still probably Canon. The X-Wing tabletop game has released a ton of EU ships, even pretty obscure ones like all the Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Light Speed expansion ships. Dash Rendar is somehow Canon now despite SotE not occurring, so random vehicles aren't a stretch.:shrug:

A lot of stuff seems to be leaking in through the gray-area of games that were launched before Disney stuff took effect but continued afterwards. So stuff like X-Wing, the Card Game, and the Roleplaying Game all started with Legends material, but then started incorporating stuff from the Disney Canon (while also continuing to draw from Legends).

The Old Republic is kind of in the same boat, since it launched in 2011, is still updating to this day, and has folded in nu-canon stuff like letting players use Mudhorns as mounts.