Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

quote:

What kind of candidate are we looking for? Run for Something works exclusively with progressive Millennials and Gen-Zers running for local office for the first or second time.

Ageist garbage and excludes most of this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Put all the chips on education reform and wait 10 years. Seriously, send all your donation money to support teacher's strikes and curriculum reforms. Vote on all your school board nominations. When public education makes people smarter rather than dumber, then you will have change.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

We don't have ten years to wait

You should've thought of that 10 years ago. The world isn't going to end, it may get really sucky but it isn't going to end. Long term planning is the only thing that will make the world appreciably better. Short term solutions never address the underlying cause.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It will in fact end for those who keep dying due to lack of Healthcare. My uncle just loving died to unmanaged diabetes last
night I guess I'm not in a good place right now.

I just don't see a progressive politician winning when the establishment is fighting it this hard to push someone who was to the right of reagan while reagan was in office. If it happens it'll be so far in the future that it shouldn't be the focus of anyone, use that energy in local matters

It takes 12 years to realign congress. It takes 10-20 years of realigning primary education before the populous would be informed/not deluded enough to realign congress. The U.S. government is designed to slow and stifle change, it was designed to prevent revolutions, not adapt to decades of ignored knowledge on the immediacy of the needs of the people.

Mr. Dick's sorry for your loss, so he's not going to call you a lib, but you're posting in DnD, if you want change to happen at faster rate, it's going to require means which Mr. Dick is almost certain you will be uncomfortable with.

Mr. Dick fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 12, 2020