Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhyno posted:

Ruth was great. A shame her entire existence is tied to the stupidest poo poo the franchise has ever done

YES INCLUDING THE GODDAMNED LOOMS

Hey now, Season 6B may not be the greatest idea in the world but I wouldn't say it was that bad, it gave us The Two Doctors after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I like the Looms :(

Jerusalem posted:

Hey now, Season 6B may not be the greatest idea in the world but I wouldn't say it was that bad, it gave us The Two Doctors after all!

She's pre-season 1, isn't she?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

She's pre-season 1, isn't she?

No that's impossible because William Hartnell was the 1st Doctor. Patrick Troughton finished his run in season 6 so she clearly takes place sometime between him and Pertwee. Looking forward to seeing them bridge the gap between The Two Doctors and and Pertwee falling out of the TARDIS at the start of Spearhead from Space!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
stares off into space

they won't be that stupid they won't be that stupid they won't be that stupid

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In reality what is gonna happen is the Master is gonna show up and go,"Yeah no poo poo I made this all up. I even used the Matrix to fake memories just like I did literally the first time the "unfakeable memory of the Matrix" showed up back back in Deadly Assassin!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"I'm the most important thing in the universe? I'm the origin of everything the Time Lor - no, wait. It's the Dream Lord again, isn't it?"

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I like the Looms :(

:hfive:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty indifferent to where things eventually went last series but gosh that buildup and reveal to the Ruth Doctor was so darn good. It really deserved a better story

And the timeless whatever will never be worse than the looms purely because it doesn't undo Susan being the Doctor's actual granddaughter. That's my one unbreakable line

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

In reality what is gonna happen is the Master is gonna show up and go,"Yeah no poo poo I made this all up. I even used the Matrix to fake memories just like I did literally the first time the "unfakeable memory of the Matrix" showed up back back in Deadly Assassin!"

If it was a trick, I think that the Master fell for it. Hard. Likely it will be the Doctor to convince him otherwise, and then he’ll be really mad at whoever pulled it off.

But I think that’s unlikely to be the case, unless Chibnall plans a scene near the end of his tenure where the Master shows up and kills him on-screen. (I’d call that impossible, but look at Twice Upon a Time...)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

So......... A friend of mine has an annual holiday "watch bad Sci-Fi movies/tv" tradition, and since it's virtual this year I recommended "The Horns of Nimon".

I hadn't watched that serial in over 20 years.

That one hurt.

Thankfully while it's bad, it's not Timelash Bad.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

There's the bit where that one stunt Judoon has to avoid running into a chair. Wow that's not great for OHS

If only the Sontarans had the same training

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pinwiz11 posted:

So......... A friend of mine has an annual holiday "watch bad Sci-Fi movies/tv" tradition, and since it's virtual this year I recommended "The Horns of Nimon".

I hadn't watched that serial in over 20 years.

That one hurt.

Thankfully while it's bad, it's not Timelash Bad.

Crowden is really good in it. That whole era suffers from really poor direction - none of the performances feel like they belong together.

(Latest random episode was Meglos which is truly poor - the story essentially begins half way through episode 3)

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm listening to The Chimes of Midnight on Spotify right now - I haven't heard it in well over a decade and a half, and its excellent. India Fisher really gets to shine, and the atmosphere balances horror, dark comedy and self aware murder mystery wonderfully.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 23, 2020

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Random festive thought: there should be a Fourth Doctor nutcracker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edward Mass posted:

Close enough

Edit: or howabout this

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WHERE ARE THE TEETH?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edward Mass posted:

WHERE ARE THE TEETH?

we could not handle the tiny wooden version of THIS

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's all gums

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

It's all gums

Receded gums.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Hey Doc did your second package ever arrive?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hey Doc did your second package ever arrive?

Not yet, I’m keeping an eye out though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've been frantically checking USPS for the delivery I sent, and it finally at least says it's "in transit.". I'll post the latest update tomorrow, in case it doesn't make it for Christmas. :(

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Royal Mail have been having a lot of delays recently because of COVID+Christmas+Brexit+actually unrelated port troubles (plus related troubles such as the temporary cross-channel travel ban or unprecedented levels of online shopping), so don't be too surprised if parcels to or from the States have some of those same problems.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I should have added that the UK is as inundated right now as the US is with postage, PLUS covid/Brexit/alien incursion so if it turns up before Valentine’s Day, that’ll be a winner.

Pretty sure the SS packages I sent stateside 13 days ago still haven’t reached the states they’re aiming for yet, let alone the destination mailboxes. :ohdearsass:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Too small to chew the scenery.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I've been frantically checking USPS for the delivery I sent, and it finally at least says it's "in transit.". I'll post the latest update tomorrow, in case it doesn't make it for Christmas. :(

I have two packages that USPS said would be delivered last Friday, and they’ve just been marked as “In Transit - Arriving Late” for five days now. The mail is hosed at the moment.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

OldMemes posted:

I'm listening to The Chimes of Midnight on Spotify right now - I haven't heard it in well over a decade and a half, and its excellent. India Fisher really gets to shine, and the atmosphere balances horror, dark comedy and self aware murder mystery wonderfully.

Just finished my yearly listen, and now am onto Spare Parts (it's TECHNICALLY Xmas!)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Still waiting on my War Doctor boxset, and that shipped in Oct. Meanwhile, I received all my Nov orders.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Or maybe it will be like the only other time the "unfakeable memory of the Matrix" showed up in Trial of a Time Lord, where someone other than the Master was faking the memories!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Narsham posted:

Too small to chew the scenery.

Imagine a 6'3 Tom Baker figure with typical nutcracker proportions :stonk:
....oh wait, that's just Tom Baker as he already is, isn't it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Not yet, I’m keeping an eye out though.

drat, I was afraid it would get delayed. Let me know if it just never shows up, I can reproduce what was in there without much issue.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l15eSAmoDEc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that they made this so much. Merry Christmas everybody :)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/scottxcarey/status/1342082362612580354

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Another year gone, another year without an xmas episode.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

OgNar posted:

Another year gone, another year without an xmas episode.

Most of them sucked, anyway.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Cleretic posted:

Most of them sucked, anyway.

The Tennant ones ran from good to passable, Matt Smith had one really good one and a bunch of suck. Peter Capaldi was like 50/50.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I love Christmas and I love how big and silly most of the Christmas episodes are. Frankly, hell, I am in a place where I love the stupid Kylie Minogue Space Titanic episode. Merry Christmas, Wholigans.

Speaking of, I will reveal to Forktoss that I am his secret Santa, because it seems like the package is going to be held up in customs for awhile. Sorry for the delay. I'm glad that we got to be mutual Santa's, though! Once I wade through all these toddler toys and get to my desktop, I'll pass along the USPS tracking number so you can follow along with the updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Peter Capaldi was like 50/50.

It's because they cut out all jokes