Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The OP says spoilers dried up under Chibnall, actually the timeless child reveal was making the rounds on Reddit and Gallifrey Base from before this series started. Just nobody in the spoiler thread believed them since they were too stupid to be real lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

This is usually true of Doctor Who spoilers too, is the thing. I remember seeing the Twice Upon a Time ones and saying "Nah."

The spoiler thread's finest moment was when the joke spoiler in the title (every river starts as a Pond, or words to that effect) accidentally turned out to be a real spoiler.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

By this point, two series in, both Moffat and RTD had produced some great stuff, and some terrible poo poo. Setting the timeless child poo poo aside for the moment, Chibnall has been mostly ok, but there are a couple really bad episodes and no great ones.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I saw that Britbox have a month long free trial, as all good streaming services should have *glares at Apple and Disney*

So I am watching again from Spearhead from Space on. It's good to watch these in nice, not Dailymotion quality. I loving love Pertwee. Liz is so cool.

Burkion posted:

He would have tricked it into a sword fight, and then during that sword fight stolen its lunch.

:hellyeah:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I assumed that the Doctor was given the 12 regenerations limit after they were memory wiped, because yeah otherwise 11 would have been able to regenerate before getting the help from the Timelords.

Ugh I hate that I typed that. I'm watching the Three Doctors, and my opinion that Omega should be the timeless child is reinforced. Let's get that retcon going. Omega altered the Matrix somehow and planted the false information that it was the Doctor, in order to manipulate the Master into wiping out the Timelords. There, sorted.

Also I loving love how much the Brigadier can't believe anything that's going on. Accusing the Doctor of misusing UNIT funds when he sees the TARDIS interior for the first time :lol:

More Pertwee rewatch thoughts- I forgot how fun The Time Monster is. All the time shenanigans (baby Benton!) are great fun, the Master is on top form, another version of the fate of Atlantis, hell yeah.

Action Jacktion posted:

The Doctor Who finale was bad, but at least it wasn't the Picard finale, in which Picard actually dies and is replaced by an android with Picard's memories. But I'm afraid it'll give Chibnall ideas.

The Picard finale was fine, it was a bit of a mess but I enjoyed it. It didn't poo poo all over the old series like the Timeless Child crap does. I was dreading a reveal that the Romulans are really robots, or that the Romulans created the Borg, or that AI inevitably goes evil and kills all organics. So what we got was totally fine.

Action Jacktion posted:

I think part of the problem is that we knew Chibnall isn't finished with all this Timeless Child stuff. He's probably already planned out a story where Whittaker and Martin team up to take down the evil Gallifreyan black ops, which will possibly end with Martin regenerating into Hartnell.

For sure. Lets just hope the resolution is that the Doctor isn't really the Timeless child.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It was kind of an rear end in a top hat move for the Doctor to drop her friends off on earth right before they would have to go into lockdown, now that I think about it.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Burkion posted:

Turns out every single Companion has been the Doctor all along.

except for the Brigadier

I'm nearing the end of Pertwee in my lockdown re-watch, I'm going to miss the Brig, and all the UNIT family except Mike Yates, gently caress him.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Re-watch thoughts- I have reached the Leela era. Leela owns so much. I just finished Horror of Fang Rock and I had forgotten about the bit where she gloats to the dying Rutan, amazing.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Spell your mother's maiden name and the name of your first pet in Doctor Who stories.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

My current classic re-watch has stalled out at The Twin Dilemma, just like the last one did. Got through Caves of Androzani in one sitting and it's taken me two weeks to get halfway though Twin Dilemma.

It's just so boring, and bad, and the Doctor is the worst in it

Androzani to Twins has to be the worst episode quality whiplash in all of Doctor Who. How can they go from one of the best ever to this tedious poo poo?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Do what we're doing and watch them in a random order

That does sound like fun. I might do that for Star Trek. But I'm determined to finish this re-watch in order, get all the way to 13.

Now made it to Attack of the Cybermen, which is ok I guess. After how terrible Twin Dilemma was I don't really have strong feelings about this one.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

He's my favourite.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Today it's MY BIRTHDAY and I got FURY FROM THE DEEP! (but from my mum rather than a secret santa)

Happy birthday!

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

How long has it been since the last new episode, two, three years? I'll just look it up.

Wait, the timeless child poo poo was in March?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

In reality what is gonna happen is the Master is gonna show up and go,"Yeah no poo poo I made this all up. I even used the Matrix to fake memories just like I did literally the first time the "unfakeable memory of the Matrix" showed up back back in Deadly Assassin!"

Or maybe it will be like the only other time the "unfakeable memory of the Matrix" showed up in Trial of a Time Lord, where someone other than the Master was faking the memories!