Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
<bursts in, panting and looking like he’s just woken up>

You’ve! <gasps for air> redeco- <catches breath, inhales deeply> redecorated. I don’t... <sits down to rest> I don’t like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mehall posted:

Fine, I'll do it

After that finale, I really don’t like it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jodie’s first season had her be incredibly passive and nice, never seeming like she was on top of the situation. The latest one gave her a few more teeth, but she still feels like she’s never in charge of what’s going on, and is still just passively dragged along by the story happening at her.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He did manage to wake a woman of colour the Doctor, albeit not the main one, because the show will be another 2 decades before it gets there properly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

THAT’s what this reminds me of! That weird mid-2000s stuff where it was ‘revealed’ Spider-Man was something like a representation of a spider-totem/god and it had specifically chosen him or something? It removed the ‘Peter was an ordinary kid and is making the best of juggling powers and a regular life’, and made him Always Been Extra Special.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DancingShade posted:

He's Spider Man but he never uses any web or climbing powers because in my version he's afraid of heights. Also no silly spider costume, he goes around in levi jeans and a casual shirt.

And then in the 3rd act, he fights a giant spider?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

David Warner is always amazing, too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fun Easter egg from the Faceless Ones:

And a lovely story from the Popbitch mailout:

quote:

"I used to work in an office on Haymarket with both a front and back entrance. When going for a cigarette, I used to take the back entrance so I wouldn't be standing outside on the main road. I certainly didn't expect for the lift doors to open on the ground floor to be confronted by Sylvester McCoy who was trying to get in, explaining to a security guard he was there for a meeting.

"The security guard had no idea who he was or what he was talking about and was getting quite arsey, so I walked Sylv round to the front of the building.

"I confessed I was a bit of a fan, to which he replied: 'That's the best thing about being an old Doctor. I used to save the universe, but now there's always someone in the universe there to save you when you need help.'"

:3: :3: :3:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 20, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

7pm GMT, so adjust accordingly.
3pm Eastern, 2pm Central, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/stevenwmoffat/status/1241314316353183746

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That was great! :3:

Of course, we should also have the little mini special with the Doctor too. Although, not the one we were expecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“You know I really think you might.” :swoon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“No sir, ALL THIRTEEN!”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love the implication that Jodie just has the costume at home to use. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Whatever story you can imagine is better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She’s more Doctor-y there than a lot of her episodes, and it annoys me so much. She’s SO good, and they’re wasting her. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopefully all the old Docs are in heavy isolation right now. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

All the old Docs should post videos like Mel Brooks, waving their arms at their kids from behind glass telling them to go away.

“I’ve locked the doors...”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

His Instagram post of the pages someone made are fantastic. Page 128 and stop, the Target writer’s edict.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

#LetTheDoctorSayFuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ7X3wauRQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God I’d forgotten about this. The sound bleed in that first episode!

https://twitter.com/graemeallan/status/1243156046635565056

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We’re doing Vincent and the Doctor next! Prepare to cry, everyone!

https://twitter.com/emily_rosina/status/1243282904035348481

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aww, that’s a shame. :( I remember being weirded out by Other Jamie when I watched as a kid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

This sounds like a stupid question but I'ma ask it, has filming wrapped on the xmas special?

Long ago, yes. Daleks were spotted being filmed in Bristol back in October.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Moffat is doing another Tweetalong with Eleventh Hour on Monday. :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zaroff posted:

Didn’t they just do that today for the 10th anniversary, or are they doing a repeat run?

Oh butts, you’re right, I had my days mixed up. Typical Doctor. :rolleyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/jamin2g/status/1246145580402966528

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aww, Honor Blackman has died. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/thecraggus/status/1247271237564366850

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

He’s really got a handle on 13’s voice.

Another one:
https://twitter.com/emily_rosina/status/1247185616246317057?s=21

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Class3KillStorm posted:

I can't believe that Moffat has a better handle on the specific incarnation that Chibnall created dashing out a couple-page short story than Chibnall himself has had after two full seasons of show running.

I mean, I can, but I shouldn't.

We still don’t know who wrote the Doctor in the cupboard selfie film. :thunk:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She’s definitely got the outfit at home.

https://twitter.com/bbc/status/1247930996156219399

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Deep cuts. I think I choose 4, 6 & 10.

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/1247651277724672000

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Also yes, Day of the Doctor gets kept no matter what :colbert:

Oh yeah, DotD is a given.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I chose 6 over 5 because of Rory’s presence. 5 is really good, but Rory being there for 6 sold it. He’s such a good character, deflating the Doctor’s bubble.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/tbstudios_/status/1248429873929965574

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God, imagine if that bizarre leak had been true! It's definitely up there with Martha Jones being a Rutan in things they got hideously wrong! :haw:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

God, Capaldi's glorious Jon Pertwee hair was just the best.

One of the many reasons S10 Capaldi was best Capaldi.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/russelldavies63/status/1250195804280827910

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

These babies :allears:

https://twitter.com/maxccurtis/status/1251128291005804550