Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly I'm more gaulled by the BBC's rank arrogance than anything else.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Just like they did in the 1980s, the Beeb has apparently stopped giving a poo poo about the show. If they did, they would have fired Moffat when it was clear he was loving up the show's production run. That's what makes me wonder at times if it's still the big money earner for the Beeb everyone says it is (I'm sure they're still making bank on DW licensed merch, though).

I'd agree but I'm kinda at a press to even know what merch at this point. We are a long way away from Dalekmania 2006 at this point.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 10, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well it can ether get a loving grip of itself or we can go back to the wilderness.

Thing is, we now have 50 years of content, side stuff like big finish included, to keep us busy so if we end up back in the weeds we might never get out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Or an Ian Flynn type if we were trying 'hope' for a change of pace.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Mar 11, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I mean, if you are gonna go with "Racisim bad," then at least he did it at the apropo time(s) so I'll give him that much.

Even if we never saw Butterfly Effect Man and his cool gimmick of causing butterfly effects again because Chibs basicaly used him as a monster of the week.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 11, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

He did manage to wake a woman of colour the Doctor, albeit not the main one, because the show will be another 2 decades before it gets there properly.

Gonna be honest. I don't think, shy of someone being the Flynn to Chibs' Penders, that this show has two years left in it, never-mind 20.

The timeless child and its devil-may-care attitude to the overall story of the show (which, lets face it, was always a bit Calvenball) was an exclamation point to an awful season.

Fixing that is getting rid of a one symptom of the disease. There's still the underutilisation of the cast, the bizzare character beats for 13th (The person who was a grandfather and has (as far as we were to know) loving died thirteen times prior has nothing to say to a grandfather whose afraid of their cancer coming back?!), the sometimes baffling story choices (Spiders, Ker-loving-blam but I repeat myself) and much more besides.

There needs to be a new lawman in town if and I honestly don't think they'll come.

The BBC is talking the big game about running the show indefinitely now (because apparently
they now care what cockbadgers on youtube say?) but all It will take is some Tory corpse asking why the BBC is wasting money on a show underperforming (and maybe hinting at a licence fee reduction) and that noose is all but tied.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 11, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You're getting him and Penders mixed up.
Penders was the one adding random bullshit into the cannon without rhyme, reason or care.
Flynn was the one trying desperely to run a show inspite of everything being on fire.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 11, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Voting Floater posted:

C'mon son, the game show Graham should be on is obviously The Chase.

I want to be in the Alternate Reality where Bradly Walsh Joesph Joestars his way through the gameshow he's most well known for.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

quote:

[His final words] are said out loud, but no one hears, allowing them to be imagined again forever and ever.
Ah, there's the Doctor Who I know and love.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

#LetTheDoctorSayFuck

I was meaning the writing being exceedingly cheeky about specifics about lore to be honest but letting the doctor cuss is important too.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

How long before Lucie Miller becomes a Time Lord and Sarah Jane Smith is one of her Regenerations
Please, no :psyduck:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
This sounds like a stupid question but I'ma ask it, has filming wrapped on the xmas special?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I need more "Oh, gently caress, one of my old enemies" 13th.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'd love to see the escape room people pull their poo poo off in the new normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honestly the cannon sillybuggers is secondry to the crushing fact that Chibnal’s who was more the same: Authorial Head-up-own-bum action that drowns out the actors clear ability.