Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
May the Fourth be with you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This is where I'd joke "Happy Revenge of the Fifth," but Five was never a vengeful Doctor...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
All this talk really makes me wish my DM would break out the Doctor Who RPG again.

His method was a lot of fun - four players, but each player got a turn playing a different regeneration of the same Time Lord (the Journeyman) and the other three played their companions.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Stolen from Facebook...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
After two years off, I picked up my Big Finish listening last night.

Man, hearing Six and Charley together is jarring. Awesome, but jarring.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Narsham posted:

"Nobody else has run with this story yet! I've got a scoop!"

Calm down, Morecambe and/or Wise.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Daily Mail would add: ‘And is an illegal gypsy immigrant taking his place?!’

I mean, an illegalundocumented gypsyRomani immigrantforeign national could be used to describe the Doctor in general.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

"The show is being canceled! Well no nobody admitted as much, but I have it on good authority that William Hartnell is done in the title role!"

“Get the news out!”

“We can’t. Colin Baker has locked all the doors.”

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

- Happy to report the Midnight haters are still wrong. :colbert:

Who the hell hates Midnight?!? That's my favorite Ten episode!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Speaking of Big Finish...Rory!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/brand-new-doctor-who-spin-off

I loved Arthur Darvill on Legends of Tomorrow, I loved Big Finish's version of Frankenstein with him as Victor, and I'm excited for this.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Anyone else here listen to the Big Finish Torchwood range? The series is very good right now and I just want to fanboy tbh.

I'm picking it back up. The Dying Room was the last one I listened to a year ago. I've enjoyed drat near all of them. They FEEL like how Torchwood should have been portrayed on TV.

Moving Target and Fall to Earth are my two standouts.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rochallor posted:

It also helps that RTD rarely went ultra-cynical and bleak with his work. There's individual scenes and moments that strive for that, but Midnight really works because of how out of step it is with everything around it. It and Turn Left are sandwiched between the mega-event that is the Series 4 finale and what, the time Agatha Cristie got menaced by a bee?

For as average as The Unicorn and the Wasp is, we did the get the "Harvey Wallbanger" scene, which my wife and I say is the perfect representation of our marriage.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
A Fourth Doctor DVD came in the mail! A story about some kind of monster who resides in a possible hole in the ground.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Amazing, echoplex!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Guys! Guys!

Turns out there was a creature in the pit!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Senor Tron posted:

Aptly enough, this only works if you forget Eight.

But Eight often forgets about Eight!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
We'll end up with more Nine audios than Nine televised episodes!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

That person appears to be 4 feet tall.

Nice to see Adam Cole found a non-WWE gig.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just received a Christmas invitation from Edward Grove. Apparently, he's alive.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The past few months have been kind of rough emotionally - fighting with my Dad over the election, not being able to do the big Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas family events and just a general sense of low-energy ennui.

Then my daughter said, "when was the last time you heard any of your Big Finish? Maybe you need to listen to something other than that weird Christmas one."

Let me say, popping in Blood of the Daleks and hearing the old brooding synth-heavy Big Finish theme for Eight put a huge smile on my face. I think I'll give the EDA's and all the box sets for Eight a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
It's not just Big Finish. HEARING the drat theme brought me a ray of hope. Which is absolutely fitting for our favorite Time Lord.