Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1242783288571211776?s=21

Jodie is too pure for this world. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Ten years ago today, one of the best "new Doctor defines their personality" scenes ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovuqT5LSmA

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Moffat’s written a delightfully meta short story.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Narsham posted:

Now there’s nobody left to prevent the catharsis of spurious morality.

Melancholy would be a more apposite epithet. :(

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The Shadow Passes posted:

Following Ryan’s painful discovery of the history of the late Roman empire and a bit of confusion about what the word ‘goth’ meant in that context, Graham’s correct guess about how he could be two people at once, and the Doctor’s anecdotes about playing the triangle for the ‘lovely Scottish lad and his dad’, Yaz decided to make a serious attempt to deduce whose name she was wearing. ‘Am I a woman?’ she said.

:3:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

What's the story here?

The Scottish lad being mentioned is Lewis Capaldi.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I really do think that if they'd have had the equivalent of a Robert Holmes working as script editor (or conversely, the equivalent of a Philip Hinchcliffe handling production duties), both RTD's and Moffat's runs on the show would have been absolutely stellar. They just needed someone of equal standing to rein in their dumber impulses and weed out the sillier ideas.

The best thing about Rusty was that even when he failed, he failed gloriously.

Case in point, Tinkerbell Jesus.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Needs to be a Cyberman story that takes place after Cyber Control has been defeated, examining the psychological ramifications of the converted-but-free-from-the-hivemind.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nobody can be allowed to take my precious Last Christmas away from me :colbert:

This but The Husbands of River Song.

Hello, sweetie.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I've got a tenner on Mark Gatiss actually being drafted in to replace the Dreyfus Master.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Fantastic? Fantastic?!

I even heard this in Colin's voice. :allears:

Also!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcGmnkCovw

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Graham's having a normal one.

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1266056171712102400

Apparently Nick Briggs not giving a bigot a contract extension is just like institutional anti-semitism resulting in an innocent man being falsely convicted of treason.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

Get a Screenshot? He's on protected now

He wrote an entire blog post about James Dreyfus not being asked to be in Masterful because he's a bigot and called it "The Dreyfus Affair".

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone remember The Last Train? It was a Survivors knock-off from the late 90s written by Matthew Graham (later known for Life on Mars) which starred Nicola Walker in the lead role.

The reason I bring it up is that I found it on YouTube, started watching, and then I was like…

Oh.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It probably narrows down quite significantly when you're talking about something that a) is pre-2005, b) the rights aren't owned by BF already, and c) the IP owners don't currently have a decent enough rapport with BF to justify a long negotiation process.

I'm going to guess The Saint.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, but it's not literal. It's an allegory for, you know, ALWAYS CHOOSING LIFE.

It's a real damned if you do, damned if you don't episode. Neither reading is good, but it's at least emotionally compelling (which is more than I can say for Pyramid At The End Of The World, which has everyone so reactionary that nothing ends up being dramatic).

kill_the_moon_aborted.jpg

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

:allears:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/_billiebelieves/status/1315614360140685312?s=21

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I'd do a Fallout 4 run using an Ace character and focus on melee, build baseball bats, and go after mutants, except that the very idea of her marrying a man is completely preposterous.

I love the anecdote that Rona Munro was once asked about the lesbian subtext in Survival and she basically said “oh, there was no ‘sub’ about it”.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Eric Roberts was also in the music video for Mr Brightside, which has all the "you know what, I wanna do something fun" energy of Leonard Nimoy in a Bruno Mars video or Tom Hanks in a Carly Rae Jepsen video.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Probably Community with its whole Inspector Spacetime running gag.

Which I remember TV Tropes saw and immediately went :regd08:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Facebook informs me it has been five years.

So, let’s all enjoy one of the greatest scenes of at least Moffat’s tenure, if not the whole revival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl9pTDK8PAk

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Watching Rent made me realise something:

If you ask me, "MacShane" is as canonical as the "look at how straight Ace is" sex scenes in the VNAs. :colbert:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Royal Mail have been having a lot of delays recently because of COVID+Christmas+Brexit+actually unrelated port troubles (plus related troubles such as the temporary cross-channel travel ban or unprecedented levels of online shopping), so don't be too surprised if parcels to or from the States have some of those same problems.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/scottxcarey/status/1342082362612580354

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"When you love the Doctor, it’s like loving the stars themselves. You don’t expect a sunset to admire you back. And if I happen to find myself in danger, let me tell you, the Doctor is not stupid enough, or sentimental enough, and he is certainly not in love enough to find himself standing in it with me!"

Gets me every time. :3: