Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Chibnall's the type of writer that would pitch a MCU move like, "Imagine it! Spider-Man... but without the Spider!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

THAT’s what this reminds me of! That weird mid-2000s stuff where it was ‘revealed’ Spider-Man was something like a representation of a spider-totem/god and it had specifically chosen him or something? It removed the ‘Peter was an ordinary kid and is making the best of juggling powers and a regular life’, and made him Always Been Extra Special.

by Chris Chibnall

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Doctor WHO

Oh, The Timeless Child... Well, I guess that answers that.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Doctor WHO

Oh, The Timeless Child... Well, I guess that answers that.

Narsham posted:

Yes, instead of being a mysterious time-traveller who can regenerate 12 times, and then a mysterious time-traveller who can regenerate more than 12 times, she's now a mysterious time-traveller who has already regenerated a lot more than 12 times...

I always wondered...

I do think The Deadly Assassin is better written than The Timeless Children, but...

The Ellard thread is amusing but he's both being unfair to Chibnall and ignoring Chibnall's greatest weaknesses...

And I'm not sure that Deus ex Davies...

Narsham posted:

There's so many flaws in how Chibnall assembles plots and handles characterization...

And clearly...

The point being that...

I suspect I agree with much of the thread in wishing that we had a better showrunner overseeing those new stories...

That was a lot and to match, I have carefully planned my response:

Chibad

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what an entire season of Doctor Who by Richard Curtis would look like.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is this old news? I read that Doctor Moon is supposed to be a future version of The Doctor according to Moffat's brain canon.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Well, everything makes sense if you consider that Chibnall has umpteenth Doctors out there now. ANYONE CAN BE THE DOCTOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see a horror-themed episode that is based on The Thing where each character could be and WILL BE the Doctor! Spooky huh