Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Rochallor posted:

A part of me is gleeful about the ratings drop because I despise this incarnation of the show and I want it taken out of Chibnall's hands as soon as possible. The problem is is that Chibnall hasn't really cultivated any potential successors; the most any of the other writers have amassed is 1.5 to 2 episodes. There's a whole mess of great writers from the Capaldi seasons who remain woefully commissioned: I'd love to see the show taken over by Sarah Dollard, Jamie Mathieson, or Peter Harness (yes I know I'm alone on that front). After the past two series, I'd even take Mark Gatiss if it weren't for his gross transphobic poo poo.

The woman who wrote the episode with Mary Shelley, which I thought was a standout of this season, looks to be one of the main writers next season. So maybe she could take over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

York_M_Chan posted:

I honestly feel that Doctor Who is a happy show in an unhappy time. It is a show that tries to remain light and optimistic in an era where shows dare one another to go as dark as possible. Taking a quote from The Dark Tower, the world has "moved on" from Doctor Who. We only want anti-heroes now and it is really, really difficult to write a happy but believable character. Although, I think the major flaws of the past two seasons were in writing's structure not the characters... so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't know shows that remind us in dark times that humanity is still capable of compassion and redemption can be a great salve in times of despair. (See The Good Place).