Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I honestly feel that Doctor Who is a happy show in an unhappy time. It is a show that tries to remain light and optimistic in an era where shows dare one another to go as dark as possible. Taking a quote from The Dark Tower, the world has "moved on" from Doctor Who. We only want anti-heroes now and it is really, really difficult to write a happy but believable character. Although, I think the major flaws of the past two seasons were in writing's structure not the characters... so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

theblackw0lf posted:

I don't know shows that remind us in dark times that humanity is still capable of compassion and redemption can be a great salve in times of despair. (See The Good Place).

Very good example. I just meant it was hard, not impossible.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Vinylshadow posted:

Think of it this way - it's not that the timeless child's Gallifreyan, it's that the Gallifreyans are timeless children, especially after multiple generations of Time Lords are given the child's genetics

I was complaining about the ep to my wife and she literally said the exact thing and it made me like it more.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

There should be a "Curse of Oak Island" type show about people searching for the lost episodes.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The rest of my Secret Santa stuff came today! :neckbeard:

Thanks, York_M_Chan!

Phew! I'm glad it wasn't lost in time and space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

This was good fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2cdMzZc7UI