Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

York_M_Chan posted:

I honestly feel that Doctor Who is a happy show in an unhappy time. It is a show that tries to remain light and optimistic in an era where shows dare one another to go as dark as possible. Taking a quote from The Dark Tower, the world has "moved on" from Doctor Who. We only want anti-heroes now and it is really, really difficult to write a happy but believable character. Although, I think the major flaws of the past two seasons were in writing's structure not the characters... so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

This is why i dread "secret police" type stuff or whatever that's building to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

What I like about Doctor Who is that it's kinda stupid and not usually about cool cops/cool space militarys/cool space guns/cool secret government agencies etc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

That's all amazing, thanks for sharing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Holy crap

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Big Finish Presents: The Twelfth Doctor's Continuing Parting Monologue Adventures Series 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

<the TARDIS lands>
The Doctor: ...and again, for the 14th time, be kind. Never ever eat breakfast at the Cafe Gallery in Paris, the croissants are frozen. Remember to tie your shoelaces. Don’t swim on a full stomach. If you find yourself in London 1989, don’t go and see ‘Run for your Wife’. Smile. Wear sunscreen...
<the TARDIS takes off>

lol yessss