Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

I said come in! posted:

My head canon is that Westworld, and Battlestar Galactica, are in the same world.

Same except instead of Westworld, it's Will & Grace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Darko posted:

Kind of like "everyone is D" in Westworld. At some point it just becomes ridiculous, but a little worse with BSG because that twist was just dumb and even trying to make it fit underlies what happen before in the show.
In Westworld at least it was clearly planned. The kind of obnoxious thing is they had things drag out in a lot of cases to get the omni-Dolores reveal all at once. Honestly, I think I found it pretty funny and a fun twist at the time, but then you look back and wonder why you spent so much time with these non-characters just for the sake of this one somewhat interesting chuckle.

Hale Dolores becoming more like Hale as she pretended to be Hale, but better because she was still Dolores, was one of the most interesting parts of Season 3 actually. But it felt like she'd completely synthesized Hale's personality into her own by season 4, and it was a bit odd how un-Dolores she was, despite actually just being Dolores.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 12, 2023

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Eiba posted:

Hale Dolores becoming more like Hale as she pretended to be Hale, but better because she was still Dolores, was one of the most interesting parts of Season 3 actually.

I really hate that they killed Hale Dolores's family so she could be ~true evil~, I really liked the tension that was brewing there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

My head canon is that Westworld, and Battlestar Galactica, are in the same world.

It's canon they're in the same world of Disappointing Television :negative:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I loved the final five reveal. Every bit of it. That scene with Tigh and Adama landed perfectly.

Westworld *wishes* it could be that good past its first season.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

I loved the final five reveal. Every bit of it. That scene with Tigh and Adama landed perfectly.

Westworld *wishes* it could be that good past its first season.

It would have been better if the guy who played Billy actually would have agreed to be less lovely, as they were obviously setting him up for the role and it would have matched the “Cylons are drawn to the #2 role” thing.

So this show is cancelled? What happened last season? Was it a fitting end to the series?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Lol no , buncha stupid poo poo and a set up for the last season that’s totally unresolved.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Professor Shark posted:

It would have been better if the guy who played Billy actually would have agreed to be less lovely,

Wait, what happened here?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Wait, what happened here?

I may be mistaken, but I believe they're referring to how Paul Campbell (who played Billy Keikeya) refused to sign a longer-term contract and was so written off the show. It's likely he would've been one of the Final Five instead of Tori, offering more dramatic potential since Billy was so close to Roslin from the outset and would've been a more shocking reveal.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Aw, balls. That would've been way the gently caress better. I wish I'd never learned that.

But I still loved it. Here's hopin' I still do next time around.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The final cylon/cylon god should have been Doc Cottle. :colbert:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xealot posted:

I may be mistaken, but I believe they're referring to how Paul Campbell (who played Billy Keikeya) refused to sign a longer-term contract and was so written off the show. It's likely he would've been one of the Final Five instead of Tori, offering more dramatic potential since Billy was so close to Roslin from the outset and would've been a more shocking reveal.

I read an interview with him many years ago and he admitted he was being really inconsistent or something as well, like his heart wasn’t in it, so he was a headache before he was written off.

It would have been so much cooler if he’d been one of the five, though they probably would have found a way to mess it up.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

You know, never getting an answer for the post-credits sequence of the Season 2 finale blows.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What even was it? I don't remember.

Edit: or most of season 2, for that matter. I pretty much only remember the Shogunworld reveal in the finale and that rad standalone episode that turned out to have been a last-minute addition to the season.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

LividLiquid posted:

What even was it? I don't remember.

Ed Harris is in "the thing" and his daughter comes to check on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gods, what a loving waste.

I get being lost in the weeds and losing sight of things, but how do you drop so many balls so spectacularly?

Between this, Game of Thrones, and the Honey Boo Boo guy now running Warner Brothers, I have zero faith in any HBO show to stick the landing. Or even be around long enough to do so.

And I really like The Last of Us. :(