Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm finding it really hard to get even some mindless enjoyment from this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I finished yesterday. I was viewing this season as a very expensive and long video game on film, but that became harder and harder because the plot was a mess and the fight scenes were somehow boring as poo poo.

Whoever said that it felt like a Wikipedia plot summary was right and it reminded me a lot of later GoT seasons.

I'm guessing that Nolan and Joy were working towards creating a Sci Fi Western set in post-apocalypse future USA, so I'll tune in next season to see Fallout, but drat this show is annoying for wasting such potential.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was really hoping that they would go with The Man in White being a guy in a blood spattered strait jacket

But then Ed Harris phoning in his lines at the end before getting his throat cut seems to throw that out the window.

I don't know, this show jfc

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I made the original thread for this show (really early, too, since they pushed the premier back by almost a year iirc) and I cannot believe how quickly it went to poo poo. Now HBO is just deleting it? Lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

I loved the final five reveal. Every bit of it. That scene with Tigh and Adama landed perfectly.

Westworld *wishes* it could be that good past its first season.

It would have been better if the guy who played Billy actually would have agreed to be less lovely, as they were obviously setting him up for the role and it would have matched the “Cylons are drawn to the #2 role” thing.

So this show is cancelled? What happened last season? Was it a fitting end to the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xealot posted:

I may be mistaken, but I believe they're referring to how Paul Campbell (who played Billy Keikeya) refused to sign a longer-term contract and was so written off the show. It's likely he would've been one of the Final Five instead of Tori, offering more dramatic potential since Billy was so close to Roslin from the outset and would've been a more shocking reveal.

I read an interview with him many years ago and he admitted he was being really inconsistent or something as well, like his heart wasn’t in it, so he was a headache before he was written off.

It would have been so much cooler if he’d been one of the five, though they probably would have found a way to mess it up.