Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Steve Yun posted:

What can you do with these besides a stir fry

Eggplant and mushrooms would be pretty good in a curry, and you could kimchi the bok choy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Chicken pot pie, spinach mushroom omelets, chicken soup

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Going to try and start a sourdough starter again with all this inside time. I got a bread bible last time I was unemployed and then fell off the wagon when I had to work again. Also I have a bunch of Thai chiles and might try and turn them into a hot sauce.

Schmeichy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 16, 2020

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
I like this cookbook recommended in the OP of the vegan thread, it teaches how to stock and use pantry basics

http://lbveg.com/freebook.php

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

This is really interesting. I can't wait to see how this time period affects cooking

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

SubG posted:

If I was trying to get laid or hired off of my cooking I'd strain, but as apocalypse survival soup gently caress straining.

That's good fiber you'd be getting rid of

I made hot sauce that's fermenting, and a cream cheese almond coffee cake today

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
First loaf of sourdough just came out of the oven and it's not the best loaf but still should be edible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Chakan posted:

Hey can I get some help on something? I bought some chicken thighs and I was planning to make something in the crockpot, but I want to ensure I'm going to do it right. My recipe was going to be something like:

-chicken thighs
-potatoes
-onions
-carrots
-chicken stock
-a little water?

Should I just dump these things in the crockpot and let it go for 6 hours on low? Should I use something other than chicken stock? The liquid level should be just high enough to cover the solids, right? Because they're thighs, I don't have to worry as much about the chicken drying out or getting overcooked? I have an ok selection of herbs and such what might be good to add, and should it be added near the end?

Searing or roasting the ingredients before souping will give better flavor, but it would be fine if you don't want to. I would put some rosemary and thyme, maybe bay leaf in at the beginning of cooking, and salt and pepper and splash of vinegar at the end to taste. Also you should add celery to the vegetables if you have it.

I've been making variations on this recipe a lot lately, recommend as a corona recipe because you could make it with almost no fresh ingredients if you needed to.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/thai_fish_curry_48352/amp