Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I love Pinto's Mmmm Good. Pinto's picked and cleaned then fill the crock pot with water and let cook until tender. Red New Mexico chile powder or fresh if you have it salt garlic and some sort of fat like bacon or oil to take the edge/bitter off of the Chile. If you like throw a little browned hamburger into the soupy mess. Church potlucks always had 3 to 5 types of Chile Beans which is not the same as Chili. This might be an extreme south western New Mexican dish that we enjoyed near the NM panhandle. I will poke some good hearted fun at you eastern New Mexicans who embrace that filth called TexMex. Hah too each there own. I am not wanting to start a bean war!

The Colorado Anasazi beans are pretty good though. I like them with fresh green chile pods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Those are some very fancy Pigs in a Blanket. I wish I could try them. Good Job! I want to hear about this Kale delivery device.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I love homemade naan yum. I make mine on a cast iron skillet. How about you?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I made a really bad white trash recipe tonight.

1 hamburger patty chopped up (cooked up last night)
1 can of Ranch style beans drained
1/4 cup pickled Jalapeno peppers (all I had left in the fridge)
1/4 cup shredded cheese

Microwaved it until warm then added 2 types of hot sauce. It was not great but not bad.

Covid cooking is not my best cooking. I just do not want to waste food.

What is your shameful Covid Meal?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I love all of the pictures you are sharing of your Gardens pretty neat. I made an instapot chicken soup the other night.

2 frozen chicken breasts
About half of a carton of chicken broth I had hanging out in my fridge
The last half cup of green chile I had in my fridge
Granulated garlic to taste
a little black pepper

I put it on high pressure since the chicken was frozen solid for 40 minutes with quick release. I then mashed the chicken with a potato masher to break it up. After it cooked I did add some beef broth instead of water to thin it out since that was what was in my pantry.

I then added one can of Hot Rotel, one can of crushed tomatoes, then the fresh veggies I had on hand. Half of an onion diced and 4 or 6 stalks of Celery. I wish i had some Cilantro to throw in to make it more like an Indian soup I had a year ago.

Low pressure for 10 more minutes with quick release and then it was done.

You will probably need to add some salt since I try not to cook with a lot of salt since I have a tendency to over do that.

I had a leftover bowl of it today for lunch and it was pretty dang good. For a quick dish and what I had on hand it was good. It might have been better with some bell pepper and carrots. I did like it with some hot sauce for lunch today.

Share your quick out of the blue recipes and anything I should do in the future to make this soup even better.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I would bet it was fresher beans. Turn that batch of them beans into a soup maybe add some bacon and simple spices to save them. Think bean and bacon soup. Try soaking for a shorter amount of time. Since I only cook my beans in my electric pressure cooker from dry i am spoiled. 40 minutes from dry to cooked in the pressure cooker is fantastic. Hope this helps.

If they are fresher beans soak for less time and skip the salt when cooking. Let me know if your next batch comes out better.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Since I use my Instapot now for Pinto's

1 pound of pintos rinsed and cleaned
1 can of Jalapenos 6 oz (this adds the salt so I don't need anything extra)
a splash of oil to keep the foam down
8 quarts of water

High pressure for 40 minutes with quick release

I then make them into refrieds or eat them plain with some fried sliced potatoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I love this forum! 8 Quarts would have been bathing my feet in cold water and then some beans and spices. I meant cups i hope. I was either drunk or raging mean person. I am banking on just a drunk