Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So weirdly my grocery store was pretty ok on produce, more than plenty for all the canned goods and pasta etc, but the meat section was fuuuuuuuucked. Nothing left but party packs of chicken wings, sausage, and some of the weirder roast cuts. Does anyone know if a pork sirloin tip roast will shred easily when cooked or is this going to be a slice thing? Also can I slice off some before cooking to make tonkatsu or is that just crazypants?

This is probably the first time I've entered a grocery store and not walked out with a baguette or something similar. I'm committed to trying the artisan bread in 5 min a day trick while I'm unemployed and have a few buddies doing it along with me so we can compare notes and pretend like its human contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

SubG posted:

Sliced pork sirloin should work just fine for tonkatsu, just slice thin and pound like you would with a cutlet. If you're trying to make pulled pork with a sirloin roast that'll work, but it'll be drier than e.g. butt or shoulder so if you're roasting it in a pan watch it and/or use more braising liquid. If you're doing it in a slow cooker you might want to add a little more liquid but it should work out more or less the same.

I was going to pressure cook it, so moisture hopefully won't be an issue. Glad to hear I can still get both my plans off the ground. Bread dough is mixed! Hardest part of this whole process apparently is finding a 6 qt container. I am using a stock pot as is tradition. Hopefully my bread curse is over and it rises with no problems.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

My bread is swollen and fat